Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Weather: October Daily Weather III, What's happening in your yard?, 1 by Early_Bloomer

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Early_Bloomer

In reply to: October Daily Weather III, What's happening in your yard?

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of October Daily Weather III, What's happening in your yard?
Early_Bloomer wrote:
Currently 38°F and clear. We finally had a heavy killing frost here last night and the last of my annuals bit the dust.

Steph.........Wow! that's a lot of plants.

Sidney...........those trees sure have a lot of interest.

Billy............Our Amish store is usually well stocked. I keep an eye on the expiration dates and save a lot of money.

I drove southeast of here about 70 miles this morning and arrived at the bike trail head just minutes before noon. I was surprised to find there was still frost on the ground in the shadows. The first part of my ride was quite cold and I was glad I didn't get the earlier start I had planned on. I rode the Sandy Creek Trail for 10-12 miles, connected with the Allegheny River Trail and rode it another 20 miles south. It was a beautiful day but the light was too harsh for good photography.

Here are a few photos. These trails are flat, paved and follow old abandoned railway lines. website here: http://www.avta-trails.org/allegheny-samuel-trails.html

early_bloomer