We're all hatching in a Brinsea Submarine (sing along now!)

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

And another group shot!

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
(Zone 7b)

How long do you think it would take for me to fly out there.............LOL

(Zone 7b)

What is up with the double post even the computer is excited about the cutie wootie chicks!!!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I'm not sure Harmony - don't you think your arms would get really tired? (giggle)

Clarksburg, MO

Captain Williams doing healthy dance for Major Harmony. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Sheila

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Commander Jordan! Come in please! Update required!!

Commander Moxon reporting three successful hatches that occured at O'dark-thirty in the morning (i.e. I'm not sure when!). One is a Delaware, as pictured here. Still wet, next to a silver buttercup that is just about zipped.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Second and third (according to egg markings from vendor) are a regular bantam buttercup and a buff bantam buttercup. I don't know which is which!

Buttercup 1

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Buttercup 2

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Commander Jordan reporting, no new life forms yet. can hear life form peeping
cute wittle fuzzy wuzzy life forms Commander Moxan

Clarksburg, MO

What cute babies Commander Mox. I am so proud of our new chicken Mama. Keep us posted on the newest babies.

Sheila

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Woo hoo! First silver buttercup hatched!

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

And here's the Delaware a bit more dried out.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Another of the delaware. I like the wing edge color. Kind of neat!

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Clarksburg, MO

Captain Williams (coveting the fuzzy little life forms). I candled my bator full of eggs and had to toss all but about 10 (sad day). I have asked for a reship on the 3 dozen brabanter and hamburg eggs as not even 1 developed, but also understand that it might not be the seller's fault and am understanding if he chooses not to.

Back to the outpost to continue bator development.

Captain Williams ................ Over

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh no! That's so sad Captain Williams. So sorry to hear it. It seems really soon to be tossing them though - didn't they only arrive on Monday? I remember you didn't have them on Saturday...that would make it only day 4.

Commander Moxon is off to do her daily grind in order to continue to have the ability to purchase chicken feed, goat feed, hatching eggs, and chocolate.

Over and out.

Clarksburg, MO

Commander are you doubting the Captains hatching abilities (snickering). I had 60 already set and due to hatch this coming Saturday. Those are the ones i am tossing. I still have the 5 dozen plus.

You can breathe easy now!

Williams.....................Over

Lodi, United States

Commader Moxon--

Requesting intelligence report on Blue Delawares. Not listed in official duty log.

Source? Description? Photo for Official ID Badge?

And congratulations, Sir!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Captain Williams - I would NEVER dare to doubt your abilities!! You are a fine hatcher indeed! What are the kinds that you have coming for Saturday? Are you using a shuttle, submarine, or other hatching vehicle?! You will be Commander Williams!

Major Catscan, intellegence report on Blue Delawares below.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Hen_Chicken

Chick pictures here of someone else's Blue Delawares. Looks like they had a black one too. I guess mine is a black one. I hope the rest are actually blue.
http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=53999

Source = eggbid.com.

Clarksburg, MO

When boarding my hatching vessel, you should know that it will be a tuna boat. I choose that because I had 2 eggs explode while gone to chickenstock and it is now a very stinky vessel. The tuna boat will be carrying Blue Jersey Giants, Rhode Island Reds, Cuckoo Marans, and some barnyard crosses from Tamara. It will be quite a variety.

Sheila

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Wow, that is one stinky boat! I am envious of your blue jersey giants. I have some bjg eggs but they don't appear to be developing so I think they are duds....

Lodi, United States

Commader Moxon:

Blue Hen of Delaware! A fine and respected member of our noble combat troops.

Confusion over Blue Delaware/Delaware resolved.

Mission Lodi Launch scheduled for Saturday. 13 life modules active and primed for pipping.

Cream cheese danish requested by NPGC staff in place of jelly donuts--do I have the Commanders permission to make the change?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Major Catscan, a shipment of these should be good for your staff.

Blue Hen of Delaware indeed, although there could be some roosters!

Mission Lodi launch sounds very exciting. I hope I can be part of the ground crew. What module breed?

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Lodi, United States

NPGC response: YUM!

Colonial American nomenclature of "Hen" for entire breed indeed confusing. Although flattering to the fairer sex. "Blue Chicken of Delaware" lacks similar impact.

Mission Lodi Launch consists of unregulated life forms. CF has designated breed identification available only on a "need to know" basis. Intelligence has leaked out that it consists in part of bantam cochins and bantam OEGs--possible JG or JG crosses, Buckeye and Buckeye crosses, Brown Leghorn and Brown Leghorn crosses--Australorps also reported in vicinity of module desposition. Confusion abounds.

Welcome extended to all duly recognized ground crews and enthusiastic civilians.

Some concern being expressed due to last nights space walk into newly commissioned hatching vehicle. Emergency mission to base during lunch contemplated to check critical life parameters.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Commander Jordan reporting arrival of new life form

Thumbnail by jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

a different view

Lodi, United States

Ahhhhhh!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh Commander Jordan - that is an ADORABLE life form. Is it a white or a splash?

Major Catscan - agreed on the "hen" nomenclature. Very misleading. I expect all my eggs to be hens as a result.
With regard to Mission Lodi Launch, this sounds highly irregular. Not sure at all if this is in the books. Suggesting that Major C authors a new chapter "Highly Irregular Hatch Protocols." Ensure proper containment of unrecognizable life forms. Hazmat team should be alerted.

Critical life parameters, while important, are perhaps overrated. Commander Moxon has had temperature spikes to 105 degrees for an undetermined length of time (possibly about 8 hours) and drops in humidity to 30% for undetermined length of time without serious impact on hatching. That is not advisable, but it is tolerated by modules apparently.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Commander, they eggs were sold to me as buff silkies

Lodi, United States

Hah, Moxon! I've had the temp surge to 107 and the RH plunge to 14%!.

Wait...that is nothing to boast about, is it? But the hatches went okay--and during the hatch my RH regularly goes up to 80% plus with no bad effects.

But I didn't have time to properly monitor this hatcher last night and it is twice as big as my other. All is okay, however.

So Mission Lodi Launch is still on. This is a novel irregular life module release experiment instigated by the CF who has removed herself from the scene for reasons best known to Unfathomable Self. I await further clarifications from Mali.

Back to my cover as a faithful Tomato Breeder.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Cdr. Jordan - oh, maybe it just looks white because it's wet.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

it looks silver right now, but it's still in the bator. going to get it and take another pic. BRB

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

ok, it just peed on me

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Awww...it loves you THAT much! Still doesn't quite look like buff...

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

i know, don't show any signs of being buff. maybe when it gets older?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Ok silkie experts, please weigh in on Commander Jordan's silkie. Silkiechick should be able to figure it out. She's the expert. Maybe sarahsizzles too! Where are they?! Cdr. Jordan - can you get us a closeup of it dried out? The quilt pic is cute but very far away.

Commander Moxon reporting significant hatching update. Totals are now:
4 bantam buff buttercups
3 bantam buttercups
3 bantam silver buttercups
1 salmon faverolle (not sure if bantam)
1 rosecomb bantam
2 delaware blue hens (that might not be hens)

Commander Moxon has to go make herself look pretty for a dinner event. Well, at least try to make herself respectable.

Hatching report to follow approximately 10:30 pm CST. About 10 pipped eggs remaining.

Over and out.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

photo of dry life form

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

it's sweet face

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

Ok that lil thing can go in a nice lil box with a blankey to me. IT is sooooooooooooooo cute. I want one.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

got 3 more pips

Clarksburg, MO

Oh my gosh all of this hatching and pipping has me excited for the launch of the Tuna Boat.

I am addicted to babies!

Captain Williams........Over

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.