Flowers in the garden #3

london England, United Kingdom

Hi Sue, my computer is playing up and I can't see any pictures!!!
Sally, your planter is invisilbe, but I'm sure it's lovely! Good to hear you are out of your chair and doin' a bit in the garden LoL!
Karma, it's too cold to be out in the garden here, but the weeds have stopped growing for a while at least!

South, TX

Wonder why you can't see the picture, Terri?

I don't know Sally, it just says thumbnail then when I click on it, it's blank. Same on the other threads!

South, TX

I can see it. Maybe it will straighten up soon.

I'm going to shut the computer down and try again later!

What kind of mulch do you use Sally?

South, TX

We use Cypruss mulch.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Sue, Dianne and Sally your gardens are such a welcome sight here. All those lovely blooms whether weeds or not are still lovlier than snow and ice.
Terri, hope you get the bugs outta your puter soon.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Karma - you'd be proud of me today. Since I played all day yesterday, I was feeling a tad guilty so I went out and sprayed my nectarine tree for peach leaf curl, swept the pool, moved some soil around, and did a little bit of transplanting. Still got lots more to do, but at least it is a start. Thanks for the "push" to be productive. LoL.

Terri - got your computer glitch fixed?

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Wow Dianne you got a true burst of energy there, now don't go wearing yourself out!

I can see !!!!!!

Sue, Love the Allamanda, do the flowers last for long? have you got a close up please? Looks like a pretty flower, any perfume? What are the big leaves behind the ginger? and I love the cheerful marigolds!

Gorgeous planter Sally, it's absotutely crammed full of beauties! I spy Bizzie lizzies, Dianthus,Alysum,
is that snapdragon at the back? Lovely blend of pastels with the grey foliage, very nice!
I haven't seen Cypruss mulch around here.

Hey Dianne, I'm proud of you today! You did well, sounds like a great start to the gardening year for you!

I noticed a couple of Hellebore flowers in the garden on my way out today! The Day lilies are also starting to push their way up.

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Hi Terri, the big leaves are philodendron, (a.k.a elephant ears) I'm sure you've seen the Allamanda one before, as I used it in a couple of arrangemnts. It doesn't last very well I'm afraid, but maybe If I tried a treatment on it it might do.
Heres the close up. the flowers are about the size of a small hibiscus flower

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Sue - you are always coming up with flowers that are new to me! Allamanda is another one of those.

Candee and Terri - my bursts of energies don't come very often in the winter. I have already missed the first set of spraying on my nectarine tree, so I was determine to at least get the second spray in. I hate to spray, but to grow any peaches or nectarines here, you have to spray for peach leaf curl. We were never able to keep it in check 100%, and we alwayst have some signs of the disease for the last 5 years. Now that I am responsible for ALL the yard work, I wanted to get off on the right foot.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

You sound very determined Dianne so am sure you will have a hearty harvest of peaches this year.
Wow, Terri you got posies coming up already. I looked at my hellebores yesterday but not a sign of a flower yet. Will have to go check on the dafs, but think it is still quite early for any signs of them here. But spring is around the corner, right!

Thanks for the close up Sue, lovely flower, I thought it looked like a Hibiscus without the thingy!
Maybe I have seen it in one of your arrangements from a distance!! I love seeing everyones arrangements at least twice LOL! The close up really shows the flowers and the pic of the arrangement shows the overall shape and design. Not that I'm complaining or anything LOL!
How is my fav 'blue moon' rose doing? any roses to share? How is Brom Palace doing?

Spring seems far away even with a couple of Hellebore flowers!!

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Blue moon looks crap! Its best season is early spring, then late Autumn anbd winter. It loses all its leaves in summer due to humidity, but once the weather begins to cool, it will come good.
Gotto go, but will catch up

Charmed, I'm sure. LOL!

Here's the Hellebore starting to flower.....

Thumbnail by terriculture

A couple of flowers starting to open on the Hebe.....

Some plants are coming back to life!

Snowdrops.....

Daffs

Aquileja

Veronica

Lanterns still hangin' on!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

You are certainly on your way to spring, there is too much snow here to find anything, except the hellebores are flattened more than ever.

Hi Candee, it feels like spring today, but we have a weather warning gale force winds and heavy rain on it's way! At least your snow looks pretty. It hasn't snowed here really, we had 1 day with sleet so far.
Nice to hear from you dear friend. Hope it warms up for you soon!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Hope it gets warm as well as I have been shivering for 3 days and nights, but think my nerves are also getting the best of me from time to time, or old age has really set in!
They are calling for high 40's tomorrow so compared to the 17 and below we have been having that will be some relief.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi Terri - great that your garden is waking up. Your hellebore looks so healthy!!
Candee - and good to hear that you are having warmer weather soon. We had a high of 66 degees F on Monday and Tuesday, then rain lightly yesterday night and today. Our mini-spring has ended.

Below is a photo of one of my cymbidiums - past it's prime though since I took the photo so late. I have about 4 varieties of these orchids - and they bloom anywhere from Nov to May. Very unpredictable.

Thumbnail by soilsandup
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Terri, how did the picnic at the museum go! Did you get the crappy weather that was predicted, and how is your head? Still swollen with compliments? he,he!
Nice garden pics you gals.
This is a Tumeric flower. I will dig it up this year and see what it's good for.

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Dianne, past its prime or not it is gorgeous. You have such a talent with orchids I am in awe.
Sue, I have heard of those tumeric flowers, but never seen one. Or am I thinking of the tamarisk tree? Who knows, I surely cannot think straight anymore, even I don't know what I am thinking LOL!

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Hoy, Candee, you must be having a brain freeze! If the flower is still out tomorrow I will get another pic, as it was looking even better yesterday.

Lovely flowers!

The weather was awful when we first arrived at the museum, but it did brighten up later on and I took a few pics in the gardens......
Mahonia..

Euphorbia (brain freeze) sp? !!

We had lunch in the heated conservatory, very nice!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Looks like a beautiful day Terri and reminds me of our excursion to Longwood last year. Bet that put the feel of spring inyour step and in the air.

It's been snowing!!!!

The birds nest is still there!

not a flower in sight !

Chinese lantern.

Please someone, share your flowers and foliage to warm me up!!!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Sorry Terri, nothin here to warm you up except warm wishes! We are hovering about 10-12 degrees and it is freezin inside and out.
What is in that little cupboard you have all snow covered there? Interesting piece.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.