BIRDFEEDER SWAP- ROOM5 [bring your own nest]

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

OMG!! ADORABLE!!! I want to cuddle and love and kiss them!!!

At first I though that was Billy's poop and was like "oh wow-that's alot for a little guy"LOL

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

1Anjl, love the feeder, That is so cute. Nice job Laura. Glad to se the little fur baby up, and walking, or at least standing on his own.

Morning everyone. How y'all doing today?

T.G.I.F.

LK

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Woo Hoo... New Chicks. !!! Congrats Cuz

Love the b'feeder... good job.

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

More pretty babies! Ooooooh!

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

oh how cute! Love the baby chick photos!

(Trisha) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

Such cute babies!!!!!

We're mixin' us up again.......I did Anjil feeder.......Laura did the one we're just sending out to........?!

I dont know why I keep doing that! LOL!

TRISHA sent me the wonderful Fairy feeder!

LAURA is my buddy, who I sent feeders to!

must be my nap time! ugh!

Don't worry we are confusing, and easily confused ourselves.......I cannot remember names so I think most of the sistahs are getting used to me clling them someone else occasionally....the ole brain just doesn't work like it used to......

lol, nope it sure doesnt...especially at night! ugh!

(Laura) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

Ok, life is still not cooperating. Here is a quick picture of what AnjL sent me. I love them, Sage loves her stuff. I have to run but wanted to at least get one photo up since I'm not sure what the rest of the day is going to bring.

Thumbnail by zhinu

Ok, I have time for one more, my cat thinks it's a cat feeder, so just ignore he's there.

Thumbnail by zhinu
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Laura, that is so pretty. where are you going to place them.
LK

Now that I have a good camera Laura will have to borrow it and take a better picture...these do not do justice to the beautiful feeders she received......I will see what I can do when I take Sage home tomorrow.

Mom, my camera is about the same as yours, the only difference is mine is 3.2 megapixels to your 7, is almost 5 years old and cost me four times as much. I was just in a hurry to get something up and it was co-operating. I'll take better pictures tomorrow. I'm trying to catch up and I just wanted to get something up before I ran errands today.

Linda Kay, I'll hang the hanging feeder on the fence as soon as I get hangers, mom said she had a couple. I still need to get my houses up too.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Wow Anjl. You are another lucky recipient!! Yes, Trisha has talents galore. I love the birdfeeder. And the fairy has a very different post to ALL that we see on store shelves. A fairy with an attitude, I love it!
Trisha, is that a pot she's sitting on? What did you do to the pot. Are those pecan nuts I see attached to it?? I love it. I don't think I'll be putting that outside.
Laura, glad to see you back. Wishing you better things to come.
LK, you did good sistah!

Thanks Sis. I love my baby!!! It's gonna be one pretty chick!

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

My buddy should have gotten her feeder yesterday, has everyone checked there mail?

Thanks Jaye, the feeder is a terracotta pot attached to terracotta saucer. I sealed both pieces inside and out with several coats of pot sealer. In the wood an Decoupage section at Michael's they had some really neat Decoupage paper with feathers and seeds and nuts etc. and I decoupaged that onto the pot. Papered and sponge painted the saucer. The entire piece, including the fairy has several coats of the infamous Spar Varnish. Between the sealer, the decoupage medium, paint and varnish it should not have any problem being outside!!

Cindy thanks so much for the really neat Acorns! Do you know whick oak they come from? I haven't seen this very long type up here. Ours are all small and basically round Also thank you for the CD's....now we can listen to some good music while we make our yard art!!!!

It is cold, windy and raining this morning....but I just had a little hummer at my window feeder...a bright spot to a very dreary day!

Trisha, I have no idea what kind of an oak it is. I could take a picture for you.

No big deal just a curiosity as we don't seem to have those here....there is a little twig with a few leaves in the box too, I can take a pic and post it on one of the ID forums.....they are just so cool......I will have to incorporate them into or centerpiece for Thanksgiving!!

I tried to get a little of everything, with the acorns. There are tons more if you want more.

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

I want some acorns! I got some little ones ar Kathy's, but I need some big ones, too! When I was kid, we had a huge oak in our back yard. It had the biggest acorns in it I've ever seen! Wish I had some of them!!

OH alright Audrey, lol I will collect some acorns for you.

Here is tree my sis in New York sent us last year....sh love to make things like this! I like to receive her treasures....

Thumbnail by zhinusmom

Trisha I love that!!
does it have a styrofoam base?

Yes, she did it over a styo cone....basecoated it brown then glued all the goodies to it. I think I will see what I can find from Washington and do one from this side of the country!

I'll be headed to the mountains again in a few weeks, will see if I can find some stuff to make some here! Looks like lots of fun, and I can use it for christmas decorations at the cabin :)
thanks for sharing!

It is always fun to come up with new (easy) projects.....I really do like this one..

Another one, my mom did the same type thing with a Styro Cone but she used old costume jewelry instead of cones, nuts and berries.....

Thumbnail by zhinusmom

The other thing Mom did was balls covered with either beans and seeds and sprayed gold, or covered with the brass thumb tack (ball sprayed gold first).

Thumbnail by zhinusmom

Trisha-I love the one your sister sent!! I need some little pines-so if you have an extra box, you know where to send them!!LOL Seriously-if you do find some,LMK nad I will send you $$ to ship them to me:)

Cindy-I got it-silly lady-you coulda used a bubble envie for sheaper-I feel bad you spent so much on it:(

Stacey, I did not want the Iris' to get squarshed. You know what bad luck we've been having with the PO's.

Especailly mine!!LOL I came home yesterday and checked my box and it was completely empty and I was like "NOT AGIN!!", then as I pulled into my driveway, all my stuff was on the front porch-I had boxes, your package, a large envie or stuff I had ordered a couple weeks ago, a Bday box, and some co-op lilies:)

Wow I bet you had fun opening everything LOL

Nope-I am saving the Bdsay present:)

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Cindy!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE them!! I did receive them on Friday, but this is my first chance at the computer since I got pictures. Now I'm going to need a little help, cause I can't figure out what the chains on the feeder cans are meant to do or go. Demonstation, please or at least instructions! ^_^ The dragonflies are adorable and yes, you're right, I love them too!!! You are one talented lady. Here are a few pictures. I'm so sorry it cost you so much to send! I do LOVE them though.

Thumbnail by joycet

The chains are so you can hang them. But I noticed I forgot to put the perchs on them lol, what a dummy CRS acting up again.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Here is another shot, and I got a beautiful green candle with a dragonfly on it too. I love green, did I say that somewhere? Anyway, what a fun, fun box to open!

Thumbnail by joycet
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Here's a better picture of the can feeders. I love these colors, too!

Thumbnail by joycet
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Can't wait to hang these. I have a shepherds hook waiting for the cans, and I have a place for the other feeder as well. You have a great imagination girlfriend. Thank you so much!

Joyce, I glad you like them. I did not know green was your color. The candle scent is called "Extreme".

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Love it!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.