Pink Muhly Grass

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Because of all the deer we have, the Ornamental Grasses have proved to be our most deer resistant plants in our front yard.

This Pink Muhly Grass is sure to get many positive comments from passers-by every year.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Bardstown, KY(Zone 6a)

I just planted some of this about 3 weeks ago. I hope it does well in our climate.

Doug

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

It should do great in your area. Our winters get down to the mid 20's and 90-100 during the summer.

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

That is a beautiful pic ducbucln.

Kannapolis, NC

Here is my Muhly grass as of today. I love it!

Thumbnail by Hemophobic
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8b)

The Muhly Grass is beautiful. I have not seen this grass in Washington State. We are zone 8b so it should grow here? Thank you for sharing.

Kannapolis, NC

Mary: If Ducbucln is growing it, it should do well for you, too. It's wonderfully reliable for me, both here and in Asheville. Great stuff.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8b)

I ordered some Muhly grass today from an online retailer. Thank you so much for introducing me to this beautiful grass. It surely is not sold at our local nurseries.

Kannapolis, NC

Mary: I think you'll like it. It's one of the prettiest, I think, in autumn. I like purple fountain grass, too, but it has not proven to be perennial for me.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Here is another place that I have found for seeds of the pink muhly grass. I just placed an order and will post my comments once I receive the order.

http://www.outsidepride.com/seed/ornamental-grass/muhly-grass/muhly-grass.html

Jan

This message was edited Dec 20, 2013 12:10 AM

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Sorry forgot to come back and post about the great customer service and speedy delivery. I've started about half of the 50 seeds I received, out of 20 seeds, I have gotten about 10 to sprout, don't know why the rest didn't. The seeds are very small...

I would most certainly order from them again.

Jan

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

I just got some seed from a generous DGer, I'm planting mine in spring...can't wait!

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Oh Robin you are funny. My your spring bring many hopes of this beauty.

Jan

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Ohhh, I'm gonna have a beautiful pink clump of plumes, It's gonna be right at home in my pink theme garden. Days are getting longer starting tomorrow!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.