Our friend balvenie

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

hiya everyone

Hope all are doing well.

For those of you who know Robert Dokka (balvenie at DG) I wanted to take a moment and let you know that he's going in for some heart surgery on Friday. It would be great if those of us here in the land where Robert spent many years could put together a few kind words individually letting him know we're thinking about him and all of the beauty he contributes to many of our lives.

For those of you who've attended DGRUs at Pam and my ranch and don't actually know Robert. He's the other handsome guy that Jo (roadrunner) is always proposing marriage to. The other, of course, is George. Jo has a way with married men...lol.

Give Robert a shout if you are inclined, and if not, please keep our dear friend in your thoughts.

best to all,
don and Pam

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Thanks for letting us know....d-mailing him now.
Sherry

Phoenix, AZ

Hey! Balvenie!
I've admired your work over the year(s). Lotta love and talent going into your creations.
I'm praying your surgeons are the best and can help you through this ordeal. I pray your health will heal and sustain your good life. Then! Back to the woodshed and the glass cutters with ya! Keep on, keepin' on!
In admiration and inspiration, with a shot of Balvenie occassionally!
Susie

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I sent a D-mail.

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Sent mine too. I love Robert, wish I could give him a big hug right now.

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. We are blessed with one of the country's top heart surgery teams so it will be a walk in the park.

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

In your case, a very beautiful, flower-laden park, I'm sure. :-)

Hugs!!

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Robert. That positive attitude will go a long way in assuring it will be.

Hugs from here, too.

Kathleen

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Robert, I'll be thinking of you. Sending hugs and prayers your way.

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Hello Robert,

I am sorry you have to go through this procedure, but I am glad to hear the team is top notch. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for a success recovery and I hope you heal fast. You have to be healthy to come to Don's next summer for his last Hurrah!!!

Hugs to you,
Donna

BTW, You can't imagine how many compliments I have received on that beatiful glowing seashell that you picked out for me. Even my DH keeps commenting on it.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Carly and I are thinking of you! Here's to a speedy recovery!

Thumbnail by melody
Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

Thank you Melody and Carly. Carly, you have the prettiest nose.

N.C. Mts., NC(Zone 6b)

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

Thank you, I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Lol! Robert, I never knew you were a nose man!

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

Well heck Mary, a guy's gotta start somewhere. lol

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Hey, hey, Robert. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, sending lots of positive energy. I'm relieved to hear about your first-class surgery team. I want to see you down here again when you're well. We'll sit in the garden, philosophize, and drink many toasts to good times.

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Hey Robert, may your surgeon have steady hands, and all your nurses, natural beauty. Here's wishing you rapid healing so that you can get back to all the projects I know you have waiting. Thanks to drdon for giving us a heads up so we can keep you in our thoughts as you go through the surgery.

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

You guys are awesome! This man has been a huge influence and will continue to be an enthusiastic force for aesthetics and artistic expression as well as an incredibly influential member here. One can always count on the DG community.

I love you guys,
don and Pam

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

I don't know how I missed this thread.
Hang in there, Robert !

JD

Crossville, TN

Robert....I just saw this and I will keep you in my heart and prayers....even if you are already married...Take care and get well quick!!

Hugs Jo

edited to explain my proposals to married men: It's safer that way...not as apt to end up tied to one man for the rest of my life!! Still looking for that man with an RV and enough money to keep gas in the tank.

This message was edited Sep 12, 2008 9:32 AM

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Get Well sooner as you can and I keep in your prayer...
Rusty (dog) bark for you to get better, too! Lol..

Thumbnail by JuJu55

Don,

Please keep us informed of Roberts surgery, expecially while he is recuping.
I will be thinking of you Robert. :-)

Thanks,
Donna

Robert, I hope your surgery went off without a hitch. I will be keeping you in my prayers.

Hugs, Loretta

Phoenix, AZ

Hope you're on the road to recovery and looking forward to a quick and healthy recovery, Robert. Be sure to do everything your therapists and nurses tell you to do. I see alot more woodworking and art work in your future!

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~healing vibes~~~~~~~~~

I'm glad you are doing well.

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

I just found this thread, so I wish you a speedy recovery, dear Robert.

Hugs,

Ursula

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Just FYI, I spoke to Pam earlier this evening, the surgery went well. Good news for such a great guy, and for the rest of us!

Thanks Mary for giving us some wonderful news. :-)

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

So glad that the surgery went well, wishing Robert a speedy recovery.

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

((Robert)) Wishing you a speedy recovery and we'll find more fish to fry.

Arlene

Good news! You'll be back in the thick of things in no time, Robert.

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

Hi, This is Robert's (Balvenie) son. I am happy to report that he is doing well and doctors are pleased with his recovery so far. He has already been up and walking around. He wanted me to thank you for all your well wishes and prayers. I am printing these out to take to the hospital for him to read. I'm sure he will be back posting here in no time!
-Brian

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Awesome!!

Brian, thanks for the good news.

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Thanks, Brian....up and walking already! Amazing. So good to hear that all went well.

Crossville, TN

Yipppeeee...You go, man. Jo

Phoenix, AZ

That's fabulous! Getting up and moving about is essential!

Whoopee! Good to hear!

Awesome news, thanks for keeping us informed.

Ya just can't keep a good man down!! :-)

Lots of hugs,
Donna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.