Sept. Daily Weather, Part II What's happening in your yard?

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Celia: do you ever have the urge to throw Monty around your neck and wear him like a fur? (sorry I asked!--LOL)

Overcast and currently 69º here.

Loving the photos of the wildlife and the scenery atYellowstone and the Tetons, Kelli! Looks like you are getting plenty of practice with that new camera!

EB: it's the time of year for "mums". Mine are loaded with buds and beginning to bloom. These were a bargain--bought at the end of the season last year for 25 cents each! Can't get much more of a bargain than that! LOL

Thumbnail by marsue
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Kelli, the doe's may only get hunted on special days, so they don't fear the way the bucks do.
I know that was true of deer in NC.
Kiska, I am sunburned and tired, but I am feeling better.
Celia, yes that's a good ole shade loving coleus. Maybe Wizard Rose.
It rained all night and is almost sunny.
We're expecting rain for next few days.
Really nice out.
Sidney

(Zone 3b)

43° rain/fog ~ nearly noon.
Glad you're doing better, Sidney.
marsue~great bloomin' bargain for sure:)
kwanjin~love the pet pics; such characters and Monty is one, too.

Thumbnail by kiska
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Kelli – Thank you for taking us on your trip! I look forward to more pictures. I have to say I’d have worn out my camera on the trip LOL!
Marsue - Jeff didn’t want to say anything about Gary’s bad day. It was more an emotional deal than physical. He likes the port LOL! Love the ranch – I could spend some time on that spread! Great pictures!
Adina – Nice rainbow and sunset!
E_B – You have an amazing talent for design. The garden is just beautiful : )
Celia – Monty is adorable!
Kiska – Brrrr looks really cold in the last picture. It's a beautiful scene!

It was so nice outside yesterday I spent the whole day in the garden! Paid for it last night and today. I have a problem thinking I'm still 20 and can do it all in one day. I've got aches and twitches every where LOL! But I had a good time. We received 1’ of rain this morning. It’s been a tad warmer today than yesterday and the humidity was higher.

76.5 °F / 24 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 75%
Dew Point: 68 °F / 20 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/hfrom the SW
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 30.09 in / 1018.8 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 78 °F / 26 °C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 1 out of 16
Few 1500 ft / 457 m
Scattered Clouds 2500 ft / 762 m
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft / 7620 m

Tonight
Mostly cloudy with isolated showers and thunderstorms. Low 72. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20%.

3 Gulf Frits on Lady Margaret

Thumbnail by MySharona
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Lovely Photos!
Thanks!

Cool nights..... warm sunny dry days.....
Fall is here!

I had to work yesterday so we didn't get much FPR work done.
We poured one side of the foundation and finished the sheathing on that wall.

Here's Wu checking out the foundation before we poured it.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi, everyone! I haven't read everything yet, but I thank you for all of the prayers and phone calls! We're still out of power, but had no real damage. We lost a lot of limbs from the pecan trees in the backyard, and the power lines are down behind our house and another house down the block. We have heard rumors that it should be repaired and the power back on tomorrow night, but we're not holding our breath. It would be awfully nice, though. A cold front came through last Sunday and dropped the temperatures and humidity, which was SUCH a blessing! We've had the windows open and have been enjoying the nice breezes. The humidity is back now, though, and we all had trouble sleeping last night.

Right now we are at church, where they have a/c and a wireless network. They are starting to lock up, so we need to get out of here soon. It's tempting to just stay here on the comfy couches all night, but I suppose we would probably trigger the motion detectors. That could make us pretty unpopular with the pastor who would have to come answer the alarm! LOL

Talk to you all (hopefully!!) soon!
~ Marylyn

(Zone 7a)

I DO put Monty around my neck! LOL He's a bit heavy but...or should I say...He ain't heavy, he's my cat? ;-)

I've been following the check-in for Ike on the other thread. Good to know everyone is okay.

72º and slightly breezy. 30% chance of more rain tonight and tomorrow.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Hi Marylyn!!!

Celia - That looks like a Boo pose!

Thumbnail by MySharona
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I am finally back!! My computer went kaput on me last month and I wasn't able to find out it was a goner til early last week. I ordered a new one and have been back online for a few days now. Still playing catch up but will get there eventually. :~)

Weather here is gorgeous!! A bit on the hot side with temps around 80* but over all it could be a lot hotter.

(Zone 7a)

Hey, Pepper! Welcome back! We missed you lots and lots.

LOL at Boo!

Good Morning!

Welcome back Pepper! We missed you.

74.7 °F / 23 °C
Overcast
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 70 °F / 21 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 30.06 in / 1017.8 hPa(Falling)
Heat Index: 73 °F / 23 °C
Visibility: 9.0 miles / 14.5 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 900 ft / 274 m
Mostly Cloudy 2000 ft / 609 m
Overcast 13000 ft / 3962 m

Today
Mostly cloudy with scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms. High 81. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

I have one more bud on e. hookeri

Thumbnail by MySharona
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Mornin'! Mornin'! It's very Dyson Dark. I just lost my entire post (my 'dumbness'), and am running out of time...must get ready for work.
At Bluefield...
46°F (Feels like 46°F) Sunrise: 07:09
Sunset: 19:19
Humidity: 100%
Visibility: 2.50 m
Fog
Wind: CM0 (? What does this mean?)
Barometer: 30.35

Marlyn! YAY!!! Glad that you are all right & hope that you get back on line today! ;)
Kelli! Thank You so Much! I love all of your shots...but the Gibbon Falls is my favorite! :D
Marsue, Thank you as well! Did you find a copy of NG?
Sharon & Celia....LOL at your kitties! ;)
Ric, I absolutely love Wu! She's beautiful! Did she give you an 'A' on your foundation? :D
Kiska, With the rain/fog.....Gorgeous! But now it (fall & winter) begins.

I will have trivia this evening. :D

Have a really Great Day!
Joey

(a pic from the past)

Thumbnail by music2keep

Happy first day of Fall!

Thumbnail by MySharona
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

This thread has moved to http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/905736/

(Zone 7a)

The cats are sleeping, the laundry is done, dishes are put away, I don't have to work today and the rain is falling gently outside. The neighborhood is quiet. A gentle breeze is whispering around the eaves. A book is nudging my elbow; it wants me to finish it. Shh...don't wake the world.

50°F with 66º expected.
Feels like: 50°F

Barometer: 30 in ↓
Dewpoint: 46°
Humidity: 87%
Visibility: 6 miles
Wind: 9 mph NE
Sunrise: 7:15 AM
Sunset: 7:23 PM
UV Index: 6

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Post a Reply to this Thread