Looks like this forum could use some pictures what's bloomin

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

Wahhhh, my spider lilies aren't blooming yet. Last year they bloomed around the 3rd week of Aug. But my rain lilies are popping up and one is blooming.
Pics to come, I'm too pooped to pop! lol

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

look what I found in the garden today. She has pearly-looking colors. It doesn't show up on the photo, but just imagine that.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci
Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Wow. She is beautiful. Nice shot.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7b)

Is that one of those Red-spotted Purples? They like rotting fruit more than flowers. Guess that's why I've only seen 3 ever.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

I have never seen one like that.

Me either. First time I've seen that butterfly in my yard. I don't know what it is. I'll post on Bug id and see.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7b)

I'm almost certain it's a red-spotted purple. So called because the side view of the wings shows red spots. Here's a link: http://www.cirrusimage.com/butterfly_red-spotted_purple.htm

They're really pretty. I'd never seen one until this year.

Yes, you are correct.

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Yep, red-spotted purple. We get them around our fig tree when we don't pick the fruit soon enough (along with lots of wasps and fruit flies, ugh!)

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

It's great to get to know some Georgia gardeners through their garden photos. I have a few new ones. Japanese anemones (windflowers).

Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel

A bit more of the plant.

Zinnia augustifolia reseeds every year in the stones around the little pond here in Atlanta.

Another shot of Z. augustifolia...

A red zinnia in the veggie garden at Maypop.

A cherry colored one in the veggie garden too.

One of my orchids on the deck, Brassavola nodosa.
L

Another, Miltassia 'Shelob Webmaster'.

Chrysanthemums opening.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Not sure about that 'Shelob Webmaster', I'm afraid that would make me paraniod about spiders crawling over everything.

Amazing orchid. She's been blooming for months and had multiple spikes. The lips were originally purple with a yellow background and faded to that color. The petals were more heavily barred with yellow earlier on. I do love spiders. Here's a writing spider like Charlotte. See her curled up in a ball on the upper right? I'm walking into the webs everywhere.
Laurel

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Laurel, I love that Shelob Webmaster. But then I love spider orchids. My first one (actually my son's) was a brassia and I still have it.

Thumbnail by beclu727
Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Here's one for you. A couple of these showed up last week.

Thumbnail by CoreHHI

Oh I do love writing spiders the most! I'm sure they are the inspiration for Charlotte's Web. They are on every door and window (and everywhere else) here. I am washing windows around them. Great photo Core.
L

I don't remember the last time I washed my windows! In June?

I forgot to post my giant while moonflower vine finally bloomed. I've had about 4-5 bloomed since I posted the bud photo. At least one a night. I hope I get some seeds from it.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

My daughter took some photos of the moonvine and entered it in a school art contest. We'll see if she wins.

Oh, I bought this hibiscus this summer when I was in Florida. Been waiting for it to bloom! Estelle. It's very pretty - I love the curly petals.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.