Looks like this forum could use some pictures what's bloomin

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

First bloom of a unstable Datura. Should have ended up with a yellow rim Didn't work out that way.

Thumbnail by CoreHHI
Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

How about a datura inoxia. Sweet smell to it.

Thumbnail by CoreHHI
Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Morning glory bush, grown from seed this year so it's not to big.

Thumbnail by CoreHHI
Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Here's another I started from seed this year. Orange esperenza. First bloom. I also started the yellow version, Gold star esperenza but that hasn't bloomed.

Thumbnail by CoreHHI
Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Oleander moth.

Thumbnail by CoreHHI
Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Butterfly bush doing it's thing. Another visitor.

Thumbnail by CoreHHI
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Beautiful, all! Thanks for the garden photos. I've fallen way behind. Need to whip out the camera. BTW, I only remember those killer, stinging saddle back caterpillars on oleanders.
Laurel

Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

Nice pretties CoreHH, and that oleander pic with the moth is stunning!!!!! I have a MG bush also and was waiting to plant it until the worst heat is over. Is your's in full sun?
Sharon

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Ohhh. I assumed it was a full sun plant since MG vines love the sun. Yes mine is in full sun. Water seems to be the biggest factor in how they grow. I had a dry summer so they didn't really grow much for a few months. Couple of rainy days got them going. I wouldn't worry about heat.

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

My MG is blooming like crazy.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

Here is another one.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

and a square Flying Saucer...

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

Some Spanish Flag vines covering my mailbox

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

and Thunbergia (Black Eyed Susan Vine) too. Can you tell I like vine? I started them all from seeds. This is my very first year with seeds and I did not expect it to do so well. I love it!

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

I have to go out and trim some of the leaves off the Spanish Flag Vine. The poor mailman is getting attack.

The zinnias are as tall as my shoulder. Which is not much 'cause I'm so short. These were California Giants and their flowers are beautiful! I'm doing a whole bed of 'em next year.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

Just harvested some sunflower seeds from Mammoth Sunflower.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

More MG, a Heavenly Blue

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

OK. Last one, but I have more flowers blooming. Spanish Shawl - it's a ground cover.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci
Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Square MG?? You sure you didn't trim that up a bit? LOL. That's interesting and I have never heard or seen one of those.

I think it was just a fluke. It's supposed to be a pentagon shape. cool, huh?

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Yes cool. Not really sure I would what a whole vine of square flowers.

For some reason, this is the shortest vine that I have. I would love to see more blooms from this vine just to see what I will get. It's the only Flying Saucer I've gotten this year.

Oh, I think it would be cool, may be hot demand for such cool plant.

Such a great display. I don't have much flower variety this year what with all the early storm damage and the heavy equipment running all over everything. Here are some shots of Maypop garden...
Laurel

Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel

Maypop with friend.

Maypop pretending to be a tomato. :)

Another garden visitor.

and another.

Basil "Queen of Siam"...looks like miniature purple hydrangea heads. Beautiful scent too.

Down by the pond.

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

A visitor took these pics Sat. Salvia Indigo Spires and bee friend.

This message was edited Sep 9, 2008 3:41 PM

Thumbnail by cedar18
Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

CoreHHI, is your morning glory bush (so pretty) convolvulus?

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/52996/

I'm not so good with the latin but it appears it is the same family different genus.

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

I apologize if this shows up twice. Autumn Joy Sedum; all in bloom now (not exotic, but pretty!). It is clashing with the magenta phlox paniculata nearby which is still going fairly well.

Thumbnail by cedar18
Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

LiliMerci, Is the spanish flag vine an evergreen, or does it come back every Yr.?I have never heard of it before, but from what I see, I like.Will it make cuttings?I rooted some cross vine, and they are beautiful.(evergreen)
Mike

Cedar, my 'Autumn Joy' is blooming too. You mean to tell me you gave me a plant that is not exotic? Geesh. lol

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Well, it has a name - and a two-word name at that. So yeah, I changed my mind. It is exotic! It's actually pretty special to me since it found a home in my deer-resistant-fenced garden. I've always loved it and the deer did not bother it the first few years by the house/sidewalk. Then, they did. So now it's protected! (Well actually the original planting is still in place and gets sprayed w/Liquid Fence; these are siblings).

I've always wanted to to the classic planting combo of A. Joy and Russian Sage. But RS never looks good for me. So my A.Joy is with Bluestar (Amsonia hubrichtii) and the contrast of foliage is very nice. Bluestar bloomed months ago but the fine cut leaves look good against the coarse succulent leaves.

I just "caught" the milkweed bug babies coming out (sort of like a debutante party?) of a milkweed pod! Just like they're supposed to be. And I must have drowned 100 milkweed bugs on that one plant butterfly weed.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7b)

My beauty berry is almost at its peak!

Thumbnail by erdooley

I don't think I've ever seen a beauty berry. Very pretty. Look like a large shrub? Small tree?

Here is a picture ladybug on Cypress vine.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

And a little friend visiting my zinnia

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

And a white spider....crab spider

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.