Fall Gold Party Plant Swap Thread

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thank you, Sherry! My clump of 'HR' either got smaller this year or has just gone half-dormant already... but it doesn't look as pretty as I'd like... and I'm actually not sure which DL is which in that section since I divided and moved and didn't label, LOL. I'll tell Mom (Felicia) the good news. :-)

Holly, that's gorgeous! HUGE, but gorgeous.

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

Oh, Critter, I just saw this---no, I didn't think I could arrange anything to get plants to you last Saturday since no one else from my nick of the woods seemed to be going up your way. But I was thinking I could either lure you down here next weekend or find a way up there. Next weekend, I think Green Spring Garden Park will have a fall festival.....maybe you'll be heading this way?

I have a bunch of Stella d'Oro if you want them. They are short--about 18 or 20 inches tall, but the flowers are cup size and very, very bright yellow. They did a two-weeks stint in mid-July, but didn't keep it up all summer like I thought they were supposed to. I know my yard gets a bit shady in high summer, and I didn't fertilize them. I'm sure they'd bloom more profusely in full sun. I did see a couple of blooms at a time continuing in August . I'll be happy to include these in your "dues" bag.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh, how I wish I could, Foxy! It would be wonderful to get together. We're tied up with family stuff going on the next 3 weekends, however... I'm sorry! You and I will just have to be sure we both make it to a spring swap (or have a mini swap of our very own)!

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

Yes, probably so. Can't think of anything now, but I will save the plants. If one of your friends are planning to head this way to Green Spring or whatever, you can have them pick them up for you. I know someone near Frederick and may come up there but that hasn't been set up yet. Anyway, the pictures from the swap last weekend look great!! Your garden is really singing!! Nice deck and all......Really sorry to have missed it. :-(

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I know we will manage it eventually, going in one direction or the other!

:-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.