What's on Your Trail Camera?

Linthicum Heights, MD(Zone 7a)

When what to my wondering eyes should appear ........ :-)

This buck has thus far survived hunting season. Seen last on 12/31/08. It is the same buck posted above on 11/15/08.

Thumbnail by linthicum
Edinburg, TX

Glad to hear that buck is still around with that nose so bright - a sure beacon for hunters.

We have several feeders at the ranch...but don't allow anyone to hunt - we just like feeding the deer and other wildlife.

~ Cat

Argyle, TX(Zone 7b)

Thats nice Cat.
Mike

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Cool pics Cat!!

Edinburg, TX

Finally got feral hogs on the game cam :o)

This photos shows five - three are under the feeder.

~ Cat

Thumbnail by TexasPuddyPrint
Edinburg, TX

Another pinto one.

~ Cat

Edinburg, TX

And another big brown pig.

~ Cat

Edinburg, TX

Four raccoons. We were wondering what was making holes under the feeder...now we know :o)

~ Cat

Edinburg, TX

Same four...guess they turned when the first flash went off and when the second one went off...well...it's smile time...you're on candid camera :o)

~ Cat

Edinburg, TX

Got this nice sized buck...but it was too far to get an antler count.

~ Cat

Edinburg, TX

An owl just sitting in the middle of an open plot.

~ Cat

Edinburg, TX

Another owl flying by the game cam near the pond. This game cam is a 4 megapixel one and you can see just how lousy the quality is...but alas, it works good enough for grins.

~ Cat

Edinburg, TX

"rain deer" games...okay...there's no rain...and they are not rein deer...but they are still having fun splashing through the pond.

~ Cat

Those are very cool!! Would love to get one of these!

Edinburg, TX

Ah...and a nice sized buck that also survived hunting season. ~ Cat

Edinburg, TX

A couple of does and button-bucks enjoying a midnight snack.

~ Cat

Edinburg, TX

Gotta love this photo :o) This feeder is set to spread out corn at 7:15 in the morning....do ya think this doe has a perfectly timed internal clock?! What a look of anticipation!!! :o)

~ Cat

Oh that is funny ...and cute!!

Marlton, NJ

That is funny!

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

More great photos, Cat!

Is that buck doing the Tango?

That pic of the doe waiting for her breakfast is priceless. I find that internal clock thing most interesting. I've noticed that regardless of when I go out to feed the raccoons, if I go at the same time for 2 or 3 nights in a row, they will learn to be there at that time or within 5 or 10 minutes. I can't even get to work that dependably and I have 3 alarm clocks. Animals are amazing, aren't they?

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

We used those feeders in past years for the deer. The corn hits the legs when it goes off and the sound can be heard about a quarter mile away. It is a dinner bell for the animals.

If enough food does not come out, raccoons and squirrels would somehow crawl up the legs and spin the thrower on the bottom and make more corn come out.

It is too cold for our camera to work here, so I am enjoying everyones pictures.

A small buck visiting last evening, in my son's backyard, during the snowfall. The buck should soon be losing their antlers. There have been a couple other buck coming in with antlers intact.

Thumbnail by linthicum

Here's an 8-point buck from the day before .......

Thumbnail by linthicum
Edinburg, TX

Nice 8 pointer! Glad to see it survived hunting season too :o)

Was reviewing the game cam photos from the pond area and saw these 'puffs' of smoke/dust - thought maybe they were hot spots near the pond...then realized where they came from...can ya'll see the culprit?

~ Cat

there is a button-buck rolling around in the dirt. I didn't know they did that!!!

Edinburg, TX

He seemed to be having fun...here he is again...running to the left.

~ Cat

Edinburg, TX

...and again...making a mad dash to the right :o)

~ Cat

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

LOL at the exuberance of youth! That dirt-bath must have felt gooood!

Edinburg, TX

I only wish I were that energized at 8 in the morning!!! :o)

~ Cat

Edinburg, TX

The feral hogs are out in full force. A family of five stuck around one feeder for an hour. That spotted pinto is a big 'un :o) and gets around. She's been photographed by the other game cams.

~ Cat

Edinburg, TX

Am assuming these are the same button bucks frolicking in the water :o)

There is a caracara (Mexican Eagle) carrior eating bird watching from the tree :o)

~ Cat

Edinburg, TX

They are still at it...and their antics have obviously scared away the bird.

~ Cat

Edinburg, TX

..and yet another photo. Nice to see them enjoying a spot of fun for several minutes.

~ Cat

Marlton, NJ

I love seeing deer play! Nice ones Cat!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Happily romping in the woods now that is a treat!

Edinburg, TX

The bigger bucks have been showing up on the game cams now that deer season is over. It is so strange - they must somehow know to stay hidden!!!

Got this night shot on the game cam by the pond. Will be replacing this 3.0 megapixel camera with a 5.0 one next weekend. Am tired of the low graphic quality on this camera.

~ Cat

Edinburg, TX

Speaking of the bucks coming out in daylight...this guy is just showing off :o)

~ Cat

Edinburg, TX

Also noticed there are five new piglets in the fray. We've counted 14 different feral hogs - not good.

~ Cat

Edinburg, TX

Hey...even a Pipevine Swallowtail butterfly set off the shutter :o)

~ Cat

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Please forgive my ignorance, but could you explain to me what a trail/game camera is? I am assuming it is a camera set up with a motion detector to see what is showing up at feeding stations? Is that correct? I am fascinated. I love the butterfly zooming past. Do you go to the camera to get the pictures or do they post to your computer?

My roommate and I are often in the backyard at night taking photos of our resident opossum and raccoon that share the feeders, and even caught the opossum sitting in a tree with the neighbor's cat -- side by side. Bizarre.

Edinburg, TX

Yes, they are game cameras. It has a motion detector, infrared detector and other stuff I'm not familiar with. We have them set up to take two photos then delay for a minute until something else sets them off. Since we also get lots of dove and quail around the feeders and a couple of cardinals and green jays that peck at the feeder mechanism to toss out corn - we end up with a couple thousand photos of birds...lots of birds. I drive out to the ranch each weekend to swap out the camera chips and I download them onto my computer. From there I reformat the memory chips and set them aside until the next time I go out to swap out the camera chips.

Am glad the game cams use memory cards - we had an old one that used film...that got expensive - and most photos were of birds. A waste! It's so much easier to just delete the photos on the computer and keep the ones I want :o)

Went out to Academy to return one camera that went on the fritz and figured I'd buy another brand to test it out. It was a Timbereye 5.0 mg but I couldn't get it to work. Took it back in and the salesperson couldn't get it to work either. We pulled another off the shelf and tried that one and it also did not work. What a crappy brand! UGH!!! Got my money back. Have decided to stick to the Stealth Cams - at least they are reliable! :o)

~ Cat

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.