I haven't ordered yet, but I will soon.
(79 votes, 16%)
Red dot

Other?
(11 votes, 2%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Morganton, NC

Haven't technically ordered yet, but I'm supposed to have some free ones coming later.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

No $$ or space left!! LOL

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

No room for more!

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

Theres always room for more! LOL. I hold a yearly bulb swap and get mine for free! Its my favorite swap of the year. If you want to participate dmail me with your email address. Last year I distributed over 2000 bulbs to lucky participants!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I'll begin to look for premium bulbs from local sources -- where I can see/touch the freshness and inspect for any blemish. Mail order only from reputable sources for rare/hard to find bulbs.

This message was edited Sep 1, 2008 9:30 AM

(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

None. I've got to dig up and seperate what I have in the ground now. That will fill in the bare spots nicely.

(Zone 7a)

I picked up some at Lowe's yesterday but am planning on a whole lot more. Irises and daffys.

None. No room! Oh, but I did buy 5 'Satin Rose' daffodil bulbs at Jumbo when I was in Geneva the other day just to cram a little early Spring interest into my wife's "Pink Garden"!

Katy, TX(Zone 8b)

I don't order bulbs since most of them don't repeat bloom here. Besides that, they are so hard to get into the ground when you are 900 yrs. old and can't stoop so low. If bulbs were like some seeds that you could just scatter that would be a different story. Love to see other peoples' blooms, tho.

Ann

Santa Fe, NM

I buy bulbs locally, so don't order any. I love the little species tulips. All tulips, actually!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Unfortunately none, on a very tight budget.

Mid-Cape, MA(Zone 7a)

I haven't ordered yet because I have very little room left (repeat: "I have no room left; I have no room left!") but I know I will succumb to the blandishments of the glossy catalogs in a few weeks, as the weather cools off and I think of how I will appreciate some new tulips, daffs, etc., in April.

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

I ordered a few dozen tulips from the DG Bulb Co-op offered this spring.

I usually plant loads of daffodils but I haven't ordered them quite yet.

I guess I'd better get going!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

None - I got some "freebies" from friends/neighbours, and need to divide them in order to fill the bald spots..........
got a Daylily from a neighbour, but it's soooooooo tall, it overwhelms my other plants - cut it down!!. Love Irises

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

I don[t have a 'bulb' kind of yard

Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

I planted daffodils about 4 years ago & not all of them have come up. So I would like to get some but no $$ at the moment. There are some new varieties out that are gorgeous!!

Woodway, TX(Zone 8a)

If I'm still alive in Feb. or early March, that's plenty early to get my order in for caladium bulbs to Happiness Farms.

Fairfax, VA

I am so bad! I picked up my first bag of 60 tulips and am now going crazy over what color(s) of pansy to plant over them. Tulip colors are: Pink Diamond (pale pink) and Queen of Night (dark purple/black). Tulip bed is oval - 8' wide by 5' deep. And do I need another 60 tulips to really fill it in?

Is it really almost fall? sniff sniff. I hate saying goodbye to my flowers at the end of summer but love planning my new bulbs.

Sondi

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Tampa is not a "bulb-friendly" climate. I visited grandma a couple of years ago in WV in May and all of the irises were in bloom - I had zone envy! Those catalogs tempt me, but I know bulbs won't thrive here. So I just go outside and look at my bromeliad garden and try to be thankful for what I have!

Melanie

None. Not much room left and even less money. Maybe next year.

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

None, only because this is the first year I will try planting bulbs out here amongst all the hungry woodland critters. I got a few free tulip bulbs, so they will be experimental. I've been reading all sorts of tips about wire cages, hot pepper, etc. to ward off the little rodents. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm all ears!

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

KyWoods, I sprinkle red pepper flakes in the holes on top of the bulbs, and throw in a mothball or two. It doenst hurt the bulbs and repels the critters. After I fill the hole I also sprinkle more flakes on top for good measure!
I havent had any critters dig up any of my bulbs using this method.
Hope this helps,
Theresa

Sylmar, CA

I can't wait to get them! There's nothing better then planting a bunch of bulbs for spring, especially in a new house that has lots of room in the beds for them!

Boxford, MA(Zone 6a)

I hate to say it, but you just can't beat the bargains at the big box stores. I get glamorous specialty bulb catalogs every year, but the prices are staggering! I will occasionally succumb to a particularly tempting bulb from one of these catalogs, but I have been disappointed too often to justify the expense. I get more pleasure from "dime-a-dozen" daffodils than anything else! Plus, the deer leave them alone!! (Planting tulips are like spreading a deer banquet at my place!)

Tuscaloosa, AL(Zone 7b)

I wait until they come into HD or Lowe's -- way cheaper!

Karen

(Zone 7a)

Ours are in! I got some the other day. One small package of irises.

Hornick, IA(Zone 4b)

Looks like I'm with the majority. ( NONE) I have to do some dividing, before I get more and some just need moved. I didn't plan very well.
Have an area that needs cleaned up, and a little thought put to work, before planting any thing more.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Spring?! What's that?! Oh.. I've nearly forgotten.. it's those 2-3 weeks in between bitter cold & hazy, hot, humid.. :)

Southern, NH(Zone 5b)

I wait until the half price off sales.

But there may be a trip to the big box stores in my future.

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Ordered a bunch of Snow crocus for some early color. Grape hyacinths as well.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I ordered several dozen. One thing we can do well in my zone is spring bulbs. When I run out of room I simply make more beds. I overplant them so they share space with perennials. I finished moving some exising ones around this weekend and now waiting for the new arrivals.

Sinking spring, PA(Zone 5b)

I voted "none" since I am in a tropical zone. But, I do buy "summer" and "fall" bulbs from the marketplace from time to time. I've really only recently discovered tropical bulbs, which is probably a dangerous thing for me!

Too soon to decide! none yet~
:D

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Just a few - In my case, space is not the final frontier, it's the ultimate limitation.

Millbury, MA(Zone 5a)

None. No time, no money, no sunshine in my yard, no space. Oh well.

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the tip, Therese--and thanks for the warning, Jax, about the deer. Daffodils will be on my shopping list!

Santa Rosa, CA(Zone 9a)

I have to order bulbs. Every year I have to. There are so many beautiful bulbs and I cannot wait to see more coming out each year. I MAKE room! The house has them indoors, and the garden outside has them. There is always room for bulbs.

This message was edited Sep 2, 2008 3:22 PM

Woodbury, MN(Zone 4a)

None for me... all out of plant money for the year. :(

Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

Bulbs are truly my passion. It has been a real stretching experience to consciously plan for perennials and things that will bloom all summer and fall, because my instinct is just to plant more and more bulbs! I despise being cold, and don't like dreary, icy weather, so the first sign of those bright colors in the spring is like a tonic to my soul!

That said, I think I have about 100 bulbs coming, if you count iris rhizomes and daylily fans. I think those two make up only about 20 of the 100, though--the rest are daffodils, crocus, and a few tulips. I'm rapidly becoming disillusioned with tulips, however, as they just don't come back for me. Except the species tulips. . .just discovered them two years ago, and I am in LOVE! LOL

Now, if my husband would just stop talking about moving to Montana or Minnesota, where it gets truly bitterly cold. . .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.