How about March?

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

OK, I thought maybe we could start some chatting waaaaayyyy in advance about a DG get-together at our home, aka Breezedale, in March 2009. Our place is rustic, not fancy, but very enjoyable. Tentatively we've set the date 14 March. The weather is usually good that time of year, and hopefully some of our native plants will be blooming then (wait until you smell Pozo Blue!), in addition to the Lady Banks roses. We will be outside under the covered ramada and in the screened room. If you want to bring plants to share, that's fine, or we can just eat and chat. We'll talk about the details later.

Let's start encouraging our new members to join us and get revved up for the big RU later in Temecula.

Let me know what you think and if this is a good time for everyone, then mark your calenders!

Kathleen

Here's the Food thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/916800/

This message was edited Oct 25, 2008 9:25 AM

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Thank you for doing this and I'll be there! I'll have plants to share then and would look forward to seeing everyone. We have lots of time to think about food........

Well, good, 'cuz I know where you live and I can come over there and drag you here! :-)

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

As if I have to be dragged to go somewhere! Greasing my wheels as we speak.....

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Is there a "theme" to this shindig ? LOL

Yes, "If you see a weed, pick it!"

You asked. :-)

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

I'll bring my gloves, kneeling pad and trowel....ready to work.

Kathleen, count me in. It will be so nice to see all the work that you and John have put into your new space.

I'm always up for a DG gathering.....lol

Donna

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Is this turning out to be an opportunity to exploit free labor ? LOL
(Just kidding, Kathleen ! )
I'll bring my rototiller.

No, no, no. No tilling here, JD - we grow natives! :-)

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

OK...I tried. !

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Sounds good Kathleen. I will help with whatever you need.

We were talking to friends the other day and they suggested a "name the weed" contest! lol

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

That sounds challenging!

We have lots of samples!

Spin is good at IDing plants and weeds. Make sure you ask her to come. lol

'Spin, where are you? You'd better come!

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

What is Pozo Blue ???

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

salvia..hybrid of clevelandii and leucophylla....very nice

aka hummingbird magnet!

http://www.theodorepayne.org/gallery/pages/S/Salvia_clevelandii_X_leucophylla_PozoBlue.htm

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Hi, it's me. I wanna come too. I wish we didn't have such long cold winters I'd have me one of those Pozo Blue plants. I'd grow one of the Clevlandi's and I've seen how big they get, 'Spin's clevland owns the corner of her back yard right next to my bedroom window when I visit. Heavenly scent.

And if practice helps I'm a great weeder. That itty bit of rain we had about 2 wks ago has born fruit in the weed kingdom picture me bent.

'Spin's been away from computor a lot lately. So have I - the temps here have mellowed to wonderful and the yard has commanded my attention. I've left an im msg for her when she returns from wherever they've gone.

I'm ususally visiting at her house in March in my escape from the cold here. I'd bring my own chair, tee hee. ~~ving til then. ~Blooms

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Wonderful! It will be good to see you! We haven't seen 'spin much lately either.
Sherry

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 9b)

Blooms rattled my cage -- I've pencil'ed it in and will bring my Weeds of the West book!

~'spin!~

Super! We've got chairs, Blooms, and a big old fashioned picnic table with benches. There's also a hammock and swing chair - you can flutter your eyelashes at my DH to get the former set up!

'Spin, I would love to know what some of the darn weeds are, so that book will be guest of honor! lol

We're gonna have fun!

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the welcome KaperC! I'll try to come and bring my weed identification book too! I am looking forward to meeting everyone.

Personally, I always think of weeding as therapy, while watering is meditation. Also one mans weed is another's wildflower. The definition of a weed is any plant growing where you don't want it to be. LOL!

Breezedale sounds like a lovely place, and natives are encouraged to come live with me too. Sorry it took me so long to find this thread again. I'm new to a lot of this computer stuff. But I am fingering it out as I go!

Walk in Beauty!

SingingWolf

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi everyone!

I hope to come to Breezedale for KaperC's Round Up. I will be bringing my DH's Weed Identification Book. So I hope it is an open book contest. I'll share.

It sounds like fun! Warm and friendly people too! I can't wait, only problem might be my Mother-in-laws Bday. I can hope to schedule around it as her Bday is really the 13th. Am so looking forward to meeting other members of the DG community.

Does anyone know if the Del Mar Orchid show is going on this year? Went last year had a great time. Was hoping to go again this year too, but haven't found dates or other information anywhere yet.

Please let me know.

Walk in Beauty!

SingingWolf

I couldn't find anything about the Del Mar show, but the San Diego show is in October. drdon should know, if he pops in again.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks, my DH and I will be on vacation the first weekend in October. I think we found the orchid show mentioned in the paper last year, when we were down in O'side and decided to go there for the show. We had such a good time, and I wanted to take pictures. I was and still am trying to figure out how to use my new digital camera, and rats! my batteries died. They also had something like a plant sale, as well as speakers on a variety of topics. It was fun and informative.
We generally like to go to O'side for our vacations. It's such a pleasant change from our desert conditions. It's close to home in case something comes up at DH's bee business, and besides I have two teenaged boys still living here, not to mention parental units. Both guys in school, one in college, and one still in High School. Go ahead and ask me how I caught my ES ditching school once while we were there in O'side and he was here. Had his Grandma fooled. Dad didn't raise any stupid kids!
Some of the best memories I have of my childhood were spent at the beach. Besides if I didn't insist, my DH would never go on a vacation. This year I really need a break. When we come back in early Oct., the busy season for us starts. Although, I think I'm going to take some time off and see how well the boys do when it comes to "running the store". LOL!
WIB
SingingWolf

Perris, CA(Zone 9a)

God willing, we will be there!!

Thanks for inviting us,

Chuck and Loida

Oh, good, Chuck! We'll be glad to see you.

Kathleen

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

I'll be there, Kathleen.

Bump. Just so everyone sees this.

BTW, everyone is invited. Just be sure to let me know when we start the next thread (with the details).

This message was edited Oct 6, 2008 11:49 AM

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Wild horses won't keep us away!

We have one of those across the road!

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Maybe I'll bring a replacement rooster...

Don't you dare!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Well, he won't keep me away!

Aw, he really wouldn't want to. He's a wild mustang that was rescued by someone else years ago and our neighbor adopted him recently. He's 20 years old and had never been with another horse from what we understand. He just loves his corral mates now.

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

I'll be there ; my plane ticket is made.

Is it March yet? Can't wait to meet your little feathered friends. :-)

D.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Count me in!
SW

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.