August Blooms part two, into Sept possibly

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Now I need an aster- LOL

Crozet, VA

Beautiful and sure have tongue twister names.

Ruby

I could use the aster one as in. Dangit, where the heck did I leave my Frikartii clippers this time?

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Sally, ROFLM*O. Did you look in your tool mail box ; ^ )

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Sally, Hope you find your Frikartii clippers!! Speaking of those Asters, it's 1 singular. It was a little 3" pot that I planted 2 years ago. It keeps forming little Rosettes and wants to take over the whole bed. It blooms right through December. I've given half the neighborhood pieces of it. I have a number of other asters which are not yet blooming, and none of them behave like this one.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Soldiago.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Here is a shot of my Lamp post flower bed doing it's Fall thing. Asters, Mums and Sedums with a few nasturtiums, Dusty Miller, and the African Daisies.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Sedum

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

This isn't the best picture showing how nice the Dusty Miller looks with the sedum. But it really shows off the Sedum nicely. Funny just last month I was looking at the Dusty Miller and thinking how disappointed I was with it and now this month it has that WOW appeal.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

AH, The Tuberose, this thing smells so wonderful. I have one stock in a vase in the house and the whole living room and kitchen smell wonderful. This shot it is laying against a canna leaf.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Crozet, VA

Great pics Stormy and Holly.

These Impatiens are at the entry of the resort that we stayed in two weeks ago in VA Beach VA. They were so pretty.

Thumbnail by rubyw
Crozet, VA

Palm trees at the resort. I love palms for some reason. John laughed at me several times a few years back when we visited San Antonio Texas, because I spent half of my time with my eyes skyward looking at the very, very tall palms.

Ruby

Thumbnail by rubyw
Crozet, VA

This is some form of a very small petaled Hibiscus. I think. Pretty, what ever it is.

Ruby

Thumbnail by rubyw
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Pretty pictures Ruby, I've never been to Va. Beach. We just got back from Duck, N.C. I took a few pictures of the Palm trees while we were there.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Crozet, VA

Oh my gosh, what a gorgeous picture Holly. Was this during one of the hurricanes or was it just a storm tha took place while you were there? I visited The Outer Banks are several times in my 20's and early 30's. We rode down there one of the days that we were at VA Beach, because my son, his family and some of their friends had rented a huge home for the week. Frankly, I like the North Carolina beaches better than the VA ones.

Ruby

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

We really did have beautiful weather while we were there. It only rained 2 days in 2 weeks. This was taken when Hanna blew through. (I think it was Hanna). Son Josh, Daughter Jen with her husband and little Lily came the first week and left on Friday before this blew though. Then my Parents, Aunt and Uncle came the second week on Monday right after this.

Great pictures R & H. Ruby that one looking down the hotel side of VB brought back memories. Big conventions in VB are a blast! I can remember walking up that sidewalk going from hotel to hotel to visit with people from all over the Mid-Atlantic area.
Holly, I sure did miss vacationing in OB this year. I agree with Ruby the beaches are better in NC.
One time we were at Myrtle beach when a storm came up, we had Ocean Front and watching the storm had us entertained for hours, after it was over my daughter and I went out and waded across come water that was up to our ankles to a big sand bar, that is where we found some big shells that had washed up.

Crozet, VA

Sounds like your family had a good couple of weeks Holly.

Awwww Chris - great scene you describe. I love shell hunting. Was the VA Beach Conference a Dave's one? If so, then someone needs to get on the ball and organize another one. ha-ha

Ruby

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

And all to soon it will all be white.

Thumbnail by docgipe
West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

But not yet!!!

Thumbnail by claypa

-

Thumbnail by claypa

Heleniums are just getting started

Thumbnail by claypa

Digitalis 'Foxy'

Thumbnail by claypa

Eupatorium 'Chocolate'

Thumbnail by claypa

Lots of African marigolds still blooming here

Thumbnail by claypa

great shot of marigold. shows off the ruffles

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Very pretty Claypa! What's that pink flower next to the Asters?

Doc, I'd love some white this winter. There was virtually none last year. I .was so missing snow, that I went in search of it last year. In the Poconos, nowhere was there enough snow for a sleigh ride. What kind of winter is that?????

Crozet, VA

Docgipe, that sure is a large stand of what looks like Sedum Autumn Joy. Ours is large too.

Clay, wonderful pictures. Yes, still green and colorful at your place.

Thanks for sharing guys.

Ruby

Route #6 in Northcentral Pa. is more or less the snowline for Northern snowfall. Consider it as a real in the mountains weekend or whatever to get a snow fix. All services along the way are reasonably priced. This is an often overlooked beautiful snow zone. Compaired to the Poconos it could price out at half price with a little planning. You can still get a three dollar light breakfast at the Coudersport eatries. That's an egg, a cake and coffee.

My white mum along the driveway.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1

got this begonia from critter last year- doing great! this picture is before trimming, so now I have this one shaped up, and a nice little one in a pot from two cuttings.

Thumbnail by sallyg
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I sure could use some more mums. I had ordered a ton of them from one of the co-ops but it fell thru and I never did get any. Don't have time to mess with them now so I guess that will be a next year project. The few Mums and Asters I have around the lamppost are looking nice but I really need more colors. I was very pleased with the African Daisies, I thought I read somewhere that you can dig them up and over winter them. They were certainly worth the $5 each I paid for them but it would be nice if I could start my own next year. Maybe I'll pick up just one Rust colored Mum and switch it out for one of the Daisies. Hey just what I need another plant coming into the house. LOL

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Some of my Morning glories are still going strong. These are on the front porch and just about done, I'll be collecting seeds from these for next year.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I'll also be collecting seeds from this one it still have lots of blooms and really put on a good show growing on my potting shed.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS

PLAYING WITH THE LAST BLOOMS

Thumbnail by docgipe

I'M ONLY GETTING MY SHARE !

Thumbnail by docgipe
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

We took the top off the Gazebo last week still looks pretty but will be getting pretty bare as I move the plants back into the house.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS

HollyAnn- I pity you deciding whether to save or let go those gorgeous coleus!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh Sally I was so pleased with the Coleus this year and picked up a few more really beautiful ones at Critters Swap, we missed you.
I think I will bring the whole pot in for awhile and then get cuttings hope they overwinter. Ric got up about an hour ago and we moved the chair out to the curb for trash day tomorrow so I am buzzing around cleaning and moving furniture. That's the answer less furniture more plants. LOL
These sedums really did well for me this year, too. They were moved from the old front bed when I needed to clean it out and just dumped here near the Gazebo. They look so much nicer than they ever did out front. They never really got as much sun as they needed in the old bed. Really shows what a difference the right place for the right plant can make.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

One last tuberose picture, this was a first for me and I will be getting more of these if I have a chance. They were offered in the Caladium Co-op and WOW did I just love them. I'll be looking for them again next year.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.