MY INDOOR GARDEN

Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

I SURE HOPE I AM POSTING THIS IN THE PROPER PLACE, IF NOT I AM NOT POSTING ANYTHING ELSE UNTIL I LEARN WHERE AND HOW EVERYTHING IS .
THESE ARE MY TROPICAL BABIES, I'M JUST LEARNING THE NAMES OF THEM AND HOW TO CARE FOR THEM, ANY HELP IN BOTH AREAS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
THIS IS JUST ONE CORNER, IN ONE ROOM . THERE ARE ALOT MORE

Thumbnail by Lace6263
Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

THIS IS THE MIDDLE OF THE ROOM, WITH EVEN MORE PLANTS, FAMILY KEEPS SAYING I NEED A BIGGER HOUSE, I KEEP SAYING THEY CAN MOVE TO THE BASEMENT, THAT ISN'T FAIR...LOL

Thumbnail by Lace6263
Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

THIS IS PART OF MY LIVINGROOM, WITH MY VERY FIRST TROPICAL, MONSTERA DELICOUSA, THE EASIEST PHILODENDRON I HAVE RAISED YET. I'VE GOT A PASSION FOR PHILODENDRONS, I'M ACTUALLY ON A QUEST TO TRY AND COLLECT MOST OF THEM, NOT ALL, THERE ARE ONLY ABOUT 7 MORE THAT I REALLY WANT

Thumbnail by Lace6263
Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

I'M NOT SURE WHAT THIS PLANT IS, ANY HELP ON ID-ING IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Thumbnail by Lace6263
Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

THIS IS A VERY FRAGILE PINK RUBBER PLANT, MY CAT KNOCKED IT OFF THE TABLE AND BROKE IT, IT'S ON THE MEND RIGHT NOW

Thumbnail by Lace6263
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

This is the right place--you've got quite a nice collection there! Your unknown plant is a Schefflera, maybe the cultivar 'Trinette' http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/153712/

Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

thank you so much, putting n ames to my plants is very helpful, and i really appreciate your help.

(Zone 1)

What a great Indoor Tropical Garden you have there Lace! And, Yes ... as ecrane3 said, you've come to the right place. There are many plant lovers here and I must admit I have quite a few myself, although mine are out on my pool deck, the back porch, front porch and in my Florida Room. I have two lighted plant stands inside the house but my jungle is outside. My house is small and the only time it is crammed with plants is if we happen to have an extremely cold night or two in the winter time.

You have some really nice plants. Great Growing!

Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

thank you all so much, i've added more plants over the summer, i'm in the process of moving them into the house now, it's starting to get very cool at nights here in the mountains, sometimes it has dropped into the high 40's, and i'm just to afraid to risk the health of my new plants. My neighbors refer to my small house as the jungle...lol...but i love it....thanks again for looking.

Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

these are some of the ones i have just brought into the house, most of them are new this year

Thumbnail by Lace6263
Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

i'm afraid if i get many more plants i won't have a place to sleep...lol

Thumbnail by Lace6263
Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

this is my wandering jew, it has 2 different kinds in there

Thumbnail by Lace6263
Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

finding room for these big pots has been a challenge , but i think i have finally made some room

Thumbnail by Lace6263
Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

this is my variegated rubber plant, i also have a pink one if i can find the picture i will try to post it, i have so many plants its like a maze in this place

Thumbnail by Lace6263
Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

this is the pink rubber plant

Thumbnail by Lace6263
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Lace, your indoor garden looks quite inviting! There is nothing like basking in the loveliness of your very own jungle. I think it has a very peaceful and relaxing effect. I have plants in just about every room and on the balcony. Nothing is sacred from plants in my house!

I really love the Monstera deliciosa- I'm smitten with this plant. I've had one for about 3 years now and it's a real treasure.

I also adore your Tradescantias(wandering jews). I keep them for a while and then they languish. I got frustrated trying to keep them bushy. Couldn't quite get the pinching thing right.

Maybe it is just the angle of the pic.......the last two photos appear to have rubber plants potted in too large containers. The container should be no more than 2 inches-maximum- larger than the rootball. If they are large pots, you should consider potting down so that you don't risk losing your plants to root rot.

Keep packing in the plants.:)

Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

yes they are rubber plants, ive lost 3 to root rot, maybe that was why, i will try your suggestion, and thanks so much for the hint, smaller pots on the way....thanks again.....

Danville, IN

Do you give them any supplemental light over the winter? Lots of windows?

Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

yes, i make sure they have plenty of light over the winter months, and alot less water, but they seem to drop their leaves and then just die off, this year all my plants are acting strange, they seem to be wilting????? they are drooping, i feed them, water them, make sure they have the right lighting, i have no idea what is happening with my plants this year, I've repotted most of them hoping new soil and clean pots will help.

New Orleans, LA

Great garden! Is that a pineapple in there somewhere? Did you grow it from a top?

Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

wsmcqueen....lol...yes it is a pineapple, i bought a dole pineapple at the store and decided to plant the top and see if it would grow....it sure did...those babies will stick you in a heartbeat though....lol

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

Lace I think I just saw a chippy in one of those displays. She looked preggy. ]:o)

Fayetteville, NC

I have found with the rubber plants I have only watered them when I remembered to. We got this one I would say almost 4 years ago and it is still in the original pot I need to change it out and add some new soil but I am afraid to since it has been doing great. They will drop leaves every now and then. Here is mine. It is the normal one you see everywhere I have never seen the varigated one I will deff have to look out for them.

As for the wandering jew I am on my second one and I have had this one Id say for almost 3 months now. The last one I didnt have it in enough light. Now this one I was goin through it yesterday and I found that almost of the vines shrival up but then they have new growth on them as well. I dont know how that is possible so I just cut off the shrivaled part and then plant the good parts back into the same plant. Maybe I am doing something wrong not enouh water? I dont know. Hopefully I can figure it out soon.

Thumbnail by KMiragliotta
Fayetteville, NC

Here is my wandering jew

Fayetteville, NC

sigh here is the picture..

Thumbnail by KMiragliotta
Fayetteville, NC

The 7th picture you posted looks like thats a christmas cactus in the hanging basket i might be wrong but from the looks i think thats what it is.

Fayetteville, NC

when you start to bring your plants inside? my husband was born in west virginia near barbersville. i know it gets very very cold there. i always freeze when we go to visit. so i am sure that alot of stuff isnt hardy there outside.

(Tracey) Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

Your plants are gorgeous. I love the mixed Jew. Looks great!

New York, NY(Zone 6b)

Love your plants. They are so healthy looking. Very enjoyable.

Danville, IN

Lace: If the plants seem to be wilting, but the soil is moist, you are most likely over-watering. More plants die from over-watering than under-watering. With very few exceptions, I usually wait until the top inch or so of the soil feels really bone-dry, then water until water comes out the bottom hole(s). You can also get a water-indicator wand to help decide when plants need watering.

How do your plants look now, a year after you first started out?

(Zone 1)

This is an old thread from over a year ago, so Lace may not still be around to see the replies.

Danville, IN

True. I hope she's had some success with her tropicals.

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

Very healthy looking collection! I too need more room but you have me beat!

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Very nice collection. Love all the Varigated.
You have a nice bunch of plants to keep you
busy.
Charleen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.