Got lilies? II

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

me again. later than you guys again. but I luv this combo so thought I'd share. "Centerflold' and 'Calgary Tower'. Just a question: should I stop when I'm so past you guys? Just asking cuz I'm so late compared to you my friends ex. my phlox David hasn't even got buds but yours are blooming.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Don't quit until the flowers quit! It is fun to see flowers from elsewhere when ours are done. I have one Stargazer Lily in bloom -- left over from the days before I gave up on Orientals. It was nice to see that one held out.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thanks paj. My stargazers and "Lovely Girl" haven't opened yet. Considering that they aren't hardy here I'd like to show them. So I'll just keep babbling about my stuff (like I don't always babble anyways) ^_^

Santa Fe, NM

Keep the pretty flowers pictures coming!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Will do. Another pixie should open today. Also I FINALLY finished my fall lily order. I haven't quite figured where I'm going to put them all yet though LOL.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

My lilies are gone for the year. Here is the lilybed now. The flowers are Oriental Garlic Chives which are pretty and useful in cooking. Behind them the bed is full of parsley.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oops! Forgot the picture.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

That sure looks nice. I have a few blah spots where the lilys are finished. Looks like they do part shade too?

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Yes, my lily bed is part shade and the Oriental Garlic Chives don't mind a bit of it.

Santa Fe, NM

Very pretty, Paja.

Denver Metro Area, CO(Zone 5a)

Last blooms of the daylily season...Angel Rodgers:

Thumbnail by mtnmama
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oh, that Angel Rogers is really beautiful. My yellow daylily is still blooming. Everything else is finished. It's nice to have a late one.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

That is such a pretty one mtnmama. My asiatics are finished by the daylilys are all still blooming. I had 5 daylilys that didn't bloom this year sigh.

Santa Fe, NM

All my day lilies have been over for awhile. That's a pretty one, Mtn. Mama!

The family loves that one, too. Bought it the yr. Fred Rogers passed away (oldest DD met him a few yrs. before). I know it's spelled differently but it still has a special meaning to us....

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Well it's finally arrived. My one and only Stargazer bloom. Told ya it was just for fun LOL.

Thumbnail by dahlianut

Gorgeous!

Santa Fe, NM

Very pretty!

Lolo, MT(Zone 4b)

Paj,
In one message, you mentioned: " She would love to grow hydrangeas but thought they would not grow in zone 3."

A couple weeks ago, I read in P Allen Smiths newsletter about a new one called 'Pinky Winky' that is supposed to be hardy to zone 3. I love them, too, but haven't tried any because of being in zone 4. If I can figure out a spot to plant one without having to dig up a new bed, I think I'll check around and order one.

Lolo, MT(Zone 4b)

I have only daylilies. Four were in a mixed bag so I don't know their names but last two I got I kept the names. This is Extreme Ruffles:

Thumbnail by Florae
Lolo, MT(Zone 4b)

.. and this is Bright Sunet:

Thumbnail by Florae
Lolo, MT(Zone 4b)

Wow, Edder, I just clicked on your website and there was the Pinky Winky staring at me.. LOL! and you are almost next door.. just a short 100 mile drive. But with the price of gas, maybe mail ordering would be smarter. Now I need to really figure out where to plant one!

After reading your home page, it mentioned you were formerly The Potting Shed. What a small world. When I first moved here (from a zone 8 area) I checked around for info about gardening in zone 4 and signed up for newsletters from what, if I remember correctly, was The Potting Shed.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Very cheerful daylilies Florae.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Nice daylilies, and congratulations that you can now add a hydrangea to your garden. I too would love to have Pinky-Winky -- but have so much other stuff to plant that I probably won't be able to order it until next spring.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.