Photos needed of swap party "setups"

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

I know I have more stashed away - from Harts and your previous one :-)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Becky, thank you! That photo you took of me with the plants I brought to your swap is just what I needed for the top of the first article.

I think I'm mostly pretty well set for photos for these two articles now (just needed a few for each one). Thanks so much everybody for helping me find some extra photos!

I may try to stick in an additional photo of a well-labeled plant before the publication date... anybody got one? I'm still trying to find a good label left from the swap... I may have to re-create one, LOL.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

BTW, I think there are a couple of photos above that didn't make the previous post-swap threads... so I'm glad I asked, because it was fun to see them! Thanks again, everybody!

:-)

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Jill,

These are not from the Swap--but it shows seedlings "properly labeled".
NOT sure what you wanted by saying that? If it was Horticultural names--I am out.....

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Another shot of some labeled seedlings.....

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

One more.....You are welcome to any of these--if they suit your needs......

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Nice! Those are lovely seedlings... could I add that to my DG photo files for later use if I don't add it to this article? I'll make sure your name stays with the photo. :-)

I was trying to make a point about labeling swap plants (name of plant and DG name also) and figured a photo of a plant with a clear label would back it up... my tags from the spring swap are pretty well faded, and I didn't get a good photo of a swap plant with tag, but as I said, I can always stage a photo (might even be able to find a faded tag and go over it with a sharpie).

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Gita!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

ALL yours, Jill! No problem! Gita

Wish I could find what file--or WHERE-- all the pictures I took from hart's Swap are.....
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

OK! If you just want it for your files--then here is a really, orderly--just seeded trays with very orderly markers (made from mini-blinds). All labeled.....

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I am in awe! I have never managed to label every cell like that... I do well if I can scribble a label on each 6-pack... and then I confuse people because I cut the 6-pack in half and one person gets 3 plants labeled "purple" and the other person gets 3 plants labeled "torenia" LOL.

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

Lordy Lordy look at those perfectly marked market packs. My master could not have done better. Wonder if the Pope checks the Latin. If they ever see mine I know where my final resting place will be. Freeze dried, driven into the ground standing up, two fingers uncovered holding a credit card marker.
Saint Peter. ]:o)

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Jill and Doc,

There is an explanation for everything---even my orderly market packs.....

1--I had different seeds in the same MP. Had to mark each one.
Promised myself NOT to go overboard with the seed thing.
2--Had just learned about cutting up mini-blinds--so did it all uniform.
(Next time--I will cut each in half lengthwise--don't need as wide as I did)
3--It was the first year I did a seed-set up, so I wanted to do it RIGHT!

Jill--I PALE in comparison to how many seeds you grow each year. I just "dabble" in it.
It would be like comparing a Walmart to a convenience store at a gas Station.....:o)

Gita

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Gita, I would never compare you to a gas station. Or Critter to a Walmart. LOL

Gita's mini blind labels are fantastic.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

The comparison was purely for size--NOT for quality......:o)

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Stop and Gita. Crittermart. LOL

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

I will not be so unkind as to say who done it...........but my Brown Eyed Susans turned out to be another plant I did not need or want. The bag was labeled properly. The seed in it was a mix up of some sort.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Home G-Pot!
Crit-R-Mart!

This message was edited Aug 3, 2008 5:36 PM

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Doc, remind me at an appropriate season, and I'll fix you up with BES -- plants and/or seeds.

Sometimes those mixups are good! My "not-Chocolate-Daisy" plants (turned out to be a Heliopsis) are one of my favorites for their habit of blooming all summer long! I've got some "real" chocolate daisies now, too. :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.