chick day care

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I hope they do OK tonight - I hope you figured out a way to keep them more enclosed until you can figure out a modification to the coop to keep that predator out. I just feel so bad for you. Will you get more eggs?

Gate (Rochester), WA(Zone 7b)

Granny, I've heard that too & about other predatory birds; however, I assumed (or may have read) that it was because they couldn't get to the rest of the bird??? Just not certain. And why babies??? Would think to small??

L2g2, I'm sorry. I didn't mean that your cat would go after them. Generally tame cats won't. But a hungry feral cat would. The feathers near mama kitty probably blew in there.

Since no feathers leading out, think it has to be a 'flying' predator. Think most ground ones would have taken the whole bird. This is really the pits.......

londonderry, Australia

maybe a hawk

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

If an owl they would have torn off the wire i had on top of the cage. They could not have gotten out with out moving the wire. It is field wire fence with hardware cloth on it. Pretty heavy stuff. I usually put a 4 X 4 on top of it but I forgot that night. Well Hubby did come home and 1st thing he did was help me secure the pen, he said if if if something got in there, they were not getting out. It wasnt my new babies, it was mostly my crested and a few of the others. But it was the banties and the heavys that they ate the head off, no trace of a head either. Thanks all for all the well wishes. I do feel better about the birds, just not my throat yet..............I hate to be sick.

Ok the babies 1st day out in the sun.

Thumbnail by luvs2garden2000

This lil girl likes my toes also.

Oh my gosh what a big place you have out here..........

Yes sis but look there is fresh water here

Boy we are tired.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.