chick day care

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

1st day out free ranging. This pen is just make shift to see if they like it, most are scared but some came out.

Thumbnail by luvs2garden2000

OMG how did that hole get there

think outside the box

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

So cute! I love the black and white one in the second photo. From that angle it looks like a chicken with a duck's body. They look like they are having fun exploring!
Claire

We are scared you cant make us go out

dang they even have smokes. OOPS forget to get them off the ground

Hey wait I wanted that.

Thanks they are so cute, and no nap for me today I have to babysit, make sure no one runs away or gets in.

Novinger, MO(Zone 5b)

They are so cute Tia! If they still don't want to come out, you can through their scraps in there....they won't even think about it as they run for them! Don't forget to get those butts out of there.....if they rip off a piece of them and swallow them, they can choke or get a blockage.....not a good ending. I think I read somewhere on here about that happening to someone else's chicken, but for the life of me I can't think of who.

Have fun chicky sitting!

Christy

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

too bad you can't get a govt grant for babysitting LOL

thanks for the cute pics and the smile it gave me...

I CAN FLY

How you like this side of me, aint i perrty

I am sooooooooooooo special

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Wow, is that a sebright or a young polish or ???

yummy toe worms

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

OUCH be careful there tia, that can relaly hurt if you teach them to do that! so, what do you think the red ones with the mohawks are? they are so freindly i have a TON o fthem...

C, we think those are Spitzenzeller somethinghauben my mind has gone totally blank. i know in another thread we have it, maybe brooder possiblity?

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

tia said "Spitzhauben or Brabanter "

and catscan said "Appenzeller Spitzhauben"

and peafowl poste da pic of a pullet.

I WANT ONE!

Spitzhauben or Brabanter ( I have it save on copy and paste) I am not sure what the red ones are???? Hubbys fav tho

You know ONE is yours.

I think I have yours picked out wanna peek?

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

hopw cute! already has the black mohawk!

no more chicky day care for the day, had em fly out, climb out, crawl out.................the most words I said out there was ...........stop that we wont have any fighting, get back in there, what are you doing out here. Dang I am exhausted. But it was fun.

londonderry, Australia

what chicken is that climbing in the coop in post 5307879

Dont know, its a crested with a mohawk

londonderry, Australia

i like the colours and patterns on it

those are my hubbys fav to. They are a burnt orange and black. I will have to go back thru the crested on hendersons site and see what i think they might be.

Appenzeller spitzhauben is what I found at another site let me see if i can link it

http://www.araucana-silkies.de/pages/crested_chickenpag.html

ITS OFFICIAL they love being outside. They are now free range all barriers removed, they still have the brooder that is secure when they will go up at night.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

do you know how many days it will take you to get them ALL to come into that at night? LOL... mine too are out of their brooder sheilds, but sitll confined to pnethouses...

the strong shall survive, I do have lots of places they can get into to hide out. Plus I do have bribes, they will not get their treat until this evening when it is time to go up.

ha ha ha that was sooooooooooooo easy, they all went in to the pen, a couple needed coaxing. All snuggle down now.

I now have a following, they (just a couple) jumped up in my lap today, and then I would go in the house to get a drink and I had ALOT following me, and was where I left them when I returned. OK OK OK it was treat time. They love me.

Lodi, United States

It IS love--I don't care what anyone says--my chicks love me! And they love treats! Me and treats go together like ham and e----urrrrr birthing units!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

That's so cute. I hope mine will end up following me too. :-)

Luther, MI(Zone 4b)

The only one who follows me regularly is Rocky, and I think it is to make sure I don't hurt his hens (or to see if I have treats for him only).

GG

Lodi, United States

I have to shuffle to keep from stepping on mine....we move around in a tight little bunch.

here are the keets i got today

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

OMG, so cute so cute! I want them! What kinds are they? What is the little grey one in the bottom left of the first pic. Adorable! I want that one!!! LOL!

I dont know, he is grey and white with a hint of brown.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.