A lurker who wants a chicken, or two

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

my fav is 5292604, looks like my buff bantam cochin... though i think my buff bantam brahma is prettier and friendlier, easier to catch [just too curious, ahs to be in everything LOL]

Foley, MO

Go to Ideal's website and take a look at all of the D' Uccles. I'm telling you, that's what it is!!!!! lol : )

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

i have a mille fleur d'uccle from ideal... what a doll! so, which number are you saying was the d'uccle, the "one in question" she posted on the other thread?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Yes, I think Patchouli78 is saying that the buff one in 5292533 is a d'Uccle - at first suggesting a self blue, or maybe a porcelain. Seems that nobody can agree on that poor chicken!

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

s'pose i could taek another look and throw in two cents worth of opinion...

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

certainly a bearded d'uccle or belgium! the color could be porcelain, but accroding to the blue tail feathers, leans more towards a blue wheaten to me... here are my blue wheaten colored Old English Game hens...

Thumbnail by TamaraFaye
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

now took me forever to find this most recent picture of bob-Mr. Purple... he is the color self-blue. there should be no penciling or stenciling or other colors mixed in, only a flat grayish blue. he is on the left with my hatchilings from late March.... pretty much blends in with the cinderblock...

Thumbnail by TamaraFaye
Foley, MO

I love D 'Uccles ; 0 )

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I'm not sure if that chicken's name is Bob or Mr. Purple, but the self blue is very pretty colour. I would just love one of those, except a female one.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

i got hte hatching eggs from the medley's in arkansas. he was the onl;y hatch out of seven nicely packed eggs... originally my son named him Mr. Purple, then changed it to Mr. Silver, then wanted to change it again, so i just called him Bob... i have baby pics of him in the my chicks pics thread. beautiful coloring right from the shell!

londonderry, Australia

patch i love d'uccles to they are my favourite chicken although u certainly know a lot more about them then i do

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

I first posted on July 18th 2008 in this thread... WOW has the time gone by..

Bridgewater, ME

This will be fun I got to go and find mine.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Wow, this was before I had any chickens....ohmigosh....

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

LOL it was the first thread I posted in... It makes me smile... Thanks Doc

Richmond, TX

It is so funny thinking of you people NOT having chickens!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Really. :) Why wouldn't someone have chickens? That's crazy! LOL Can't imagine not having them now.. I had chickens other times in my life, but not like this. :)

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I wonder what became of Dr and her chickens.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

She has been on FB some.. and is very busy, I know that. :)

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

On her way to Canada to spend the holiday's with her parents... I would have loved to snuck in that suitcase...

Richmond, TX

- And go farther NORTH? No thanks.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL I hear ya Porkpal!! I'd love to spend time with Claire on a vacation, but even where she lives is beyond my scope of comprehension as to why humans inhabit that place with that kind of weather! I am such a weather sissy!!

Richmond, TX

Yep, it's cold here today - 59!

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Not me I am game... Just to visit though..besides just thinking of the knowledge I would gain by being in her presents would so make it worth it.. I could learn so much.. I am hoping for a trip next October back to Ky for a wedding and already planning on going to Cousin Grow's to sit on her front porch and gain a lot of wisdom..

Bridgewater, ME

porkpal it was 3 here this morning,balmy 15 right now

Richmond, TX

You people make me cold just mentioning your frigid weather!

Ferndale, WA

I'm in total shock, just total shock I say...It was twenty one here today and I rode to the Senior Center on my motorcycle...it's only eight miles but what a refreshing ride...Com'on ladies any takers, let's put some air in the hair...LOL......Big babies...Hay

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

No thanks, Bubba. You can have my share of the wind. I'll even let you borrow my hair. LOL

I don't know how people can deal with snow and ice for months on end. It drives me crazy. It's the only thing I don't like about here. Right now I wish I was home on the bayou.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

LOL Cajun... I would Mr Haystack, the cold does not bother me. We are down in the 30's again I want to ride tomorrow..

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh no way.. NOOO way. LOL It was in the 40's here and we had such a hard time going outside! LOL Really, I am a big baby when it comes to weather..

Richmond, TX

I'll turn down the offer too - emphatically!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Actually, it was warmer with my parents in Nova Scotia than it was (and still is) in Iowa. I even went to the beach up there!

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh, and it was 23 F that day, just for the record, but it was a lot colder in Iowa that day!

Richmond, TX

Barefoot in the sea at 23F? You are clearly made of sterner stuff than I!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

It was not that bad - I was wearing a scarf after all!! :-)

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Brrrrr! We had frost this morning (not what the weather channel said would happen--may have lost some onion starts). I just saw that photo and now I'm even colder! LOL! I'm laughing, though. So maybe that will warm me up. Thanks for posting the photo, gave me a giggle.

Richmond, TX

If your feet are cold put on a hat? (scarf) I'm not buying it!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

That cold water and cold weather would kill me. I hate getting wet and I hate the cold and cold and wet together is the worst. That's why I will never be a duck hunter!! Chicken is too cheap for me to freeze myself in the swamp in the cold trying to kill a duck.

It has snowed here most of the day but it has been light and dry so It's not bad. Started to change after dark but the salt trucks are running and plowing. Hope it doesn't get worse.

I traded 2 bantam hens for an EE hen and a BSL hen. Clipped their wings and put them in the pullet pen. There was a little jostling for position but they are all on the roost together and nobody seems worse for the wear.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.