Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

getting 2 more tomorrow, 1 lavender, 1 white

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

yeah!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

can't wait

Moxee, WA(Zone 4a)

jordankityjo,

Someone around you has some really nice guineas. What a blessing.

Kelly in Moxee

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

kelly, his name is wally, andhe's a real sweetheart

Moxee, WA(Zone 4a)

jordankittyjo,

I can hear guineas in the distance from two directions 1) south 2) to the west. I also see a small flock of ONLY Pearl Gray 3) to the north when I drive toward the schools. I've not seen all the birds in the neighboring flocks. I'd expect them all to be Pearl Gray. That's the only color I've ever seen at the stores in 6 yrs of looking and the only color I've seen at the Central Washington State Fair. I got the Platinum guinea cock from a totally freakish hatch but was told that the birds I bought (from the sellor's mouth) have a white guinea in the pedigree and that's why the Royal Purple hens have white flight feathers. It is because of the Platinum roo that the Royal Purple hens are creating the Buff Dundotte and the several extra Platinum keets. His color trait must be sorta dominant because we've only had 20 keets hatch this summer and 8 of them are light colored resembling him. Remember too I have 1 Pearl Gray guinea roo. He must be getting some credit with the newly hatched keets ... not just the Platinum roo. If there is a 50/50 split for the 2 roos .... my Platinum roo has a fairly influential color trait ... not necessarily dominant.

Kelly in Moxee

Gainesville, FL

They are so cute . Can't wait till my new ones come in . I will have more time with them because this time we will be set up better .Plus all the knowledge from people here .

Moxee, WA(Zone 4a)

whatsupdoc,

How many keets will you have? They are so much enjoyment. I have 8 little guineas running around inside our fenced compound. So cute to see them all the day long. Best of luck to your keeping out the predators. That is the challenge it seems for most of us.

Kelly in Moxee

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Kelly, i've never seen buff gineas. do you have a picture

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

here is my new addition

Thumbnail by jordankittyjo
Moxee, WA(Zone 4a)

jordankittyjo,

Here is a link to about 20 colors of guinea fowl. The Buff and Buff Dundotte are toward the middle. Just copy and paste the entire line into the address line of your web browser and tap the enter key.

http://guineafowl.com/fritsfarm/guineas/colors/index.html

They are just above the Porcelain. Mine looks most like the Buff Dundotte. I feel like I'm going to collect 1 of each color.

Kelly in Moxee

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

thanks kelly

londonderry, Australia

loks lik they wont be keets anymore soon

Lodi, United States

Do people keep guinea fowl much in Australia, Josh?

londonderry, Australia

i dont know i dont realy know any people who keep poultry at all because my property is about a 10 minute drive from a fairly big town so we are not completely isolated

i have seen som at the auctions so i guess they do

Lodi, United States

Do you have ticks and tick diseases? I don't think you have Lime disease.

londonderry, Australia

i know we have ticks because i spend half my life getting them off the dog but she just keeps going in the long grass when i tell her not to

Lodi, United States

I hate that! During tick season I find them crawling up the dogs and then they bring them in the house. One night I woke up and their was a tick crawling up my face. Ohhhhhhh!

londonderry, Australia

talk bout horror stories

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Catscan, i keep frintline plus on my dogs. i find it works good

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

well, you would be needing that anymore kitty! and they are called keets until 6 months of age, i think...

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

see, i'm saving money already!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

well just had to take a net and catch 4 keets. fun!

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

Oh no, you are having a bad morning, go back to bed and get up on the right side I think that is what I am going to do.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

wish i could. just started the fire in the smoker. waiting for husband to get home so i can beat on him! LOL

lol have fun, i put in a call to mine, he BETTER be home early tonight or he will be working in the dark.

Moxee, WA(Zone 4a)

Tia,

Anything he does in the evenings ought to feel recreational .... not really work. He doesn't want to just lay around .... does he? Maybe helping him to enjoy it all ... like a team. Sometimes a carrot is helpful too like the mule with carrot in front of him.

Kelly in Moxee

Yea but when he comes home at 9 pm, he got off work at 4. He aint getting no carrot.

AND he is not suppost to work on weekends. AND he took MY drill. Sorry I am just real upset

This message was edited Jul 26, 2008 10:49 AM

Moxee, WA(Zone 4a)

Tia,

I'm not going to near this sub-topic. Perhaps a pre-getting off work notification that there is a "special meal w/ a nice merlot" waiting at home immediately following work tonight ... would encourage him in the right direction at the right time. Food for thought? That has a double meaning and I hardly intended.

I work in my home office so for me this has never been an issue in my entire life. So I'm the wrong person and wrong gender.

Kelly in Moxee

There is rib in the fridge(his fav) that will not get fixed tonight, he dont drink wine, but there is his other fav vodka and OJ. I know Kelly you are trying, it does not work with this man, as the story goes, he did use to be romantic, until you know what..................I said YES. on top of it I am sick, and still have to do everything. Story of my life.

Moxee, WA(Zone 4a)

Tia, At Christmas time I fill up a few pretty glass decanters we've collected over the years w/ the traditional whiskey type beverages .... cognac, vodka, scotch, rum. My wife is a health freak and I'm 16 yrs older ... so she's all over me when I have a hard drink (making sure I have just 1). I limit my alcohol to red dinner wines for the most part (good for the heart) except for late in the year or New Years. Its great to be healthy and better to not get sick when it can be avoided by just behaving moderately. Sorry to learn of your being sick. Get well soon.

Is there a forum thread where folks at DG discus various hh items like plates, crystal, cookware, knives, mixers. My wife collects some really classy old pieces.

Kelly in Moxee

londonderry, Australia

this place has so many forums i am sure u will find the write place

Jordan, how did the beating go with DH. Hope you went easy on him, just have him do some extra chores and all will be ok. Thats what hubby does when he knows i am upset with him, he kinda kisses my fanny and does things extra for me, like do things I have asked him to do for weeks.................. Hopefully today after he gets the water pump fixed in the truck we can start on the coop this evening.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Tia, the beating went well. i got a new freezer and new tv. and ordered bantam. he ought to leave the gate open more often. LOL

ha ha ha great job. well let him do something else wrong, that leaving the gate open is to painful.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

can you find my driveway?

Thumbnail by jordankittyjo

Dang kiddo, I feel for yall, there. Hope the rains let up.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

thats my tax dollars at work. the new storm drains are too small

Oh no. Dont you hate it when the "powers to be" come up with new ideas.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

yeah, they get paid to think of these adle brained ideas

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.