Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

I have a double on my Siloam June Bug!

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Last one today...Dahlia Gallery Cobra

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Carla - That's quite a gallery. The Stella d'Oro looks quite exotic with her own picture. I love that Hibiscus!!

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

I am constantly in awe of all these beautiful flowers in succession seems like for months.

I don't have so many of those, but maybe people will enjoy these garlic 'scapes' which are the flower stalk before the bud has opened. Different varieties have their own way of looping the stem. Then they uncurl and straighten when the flower is ready to open. This is my Armenian garlic.

Thumbnail by mauryhillfarm
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks Katie59....

MHF... that is such a cool picture, when they open are they still twisted and aimed at the ground?

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Carla,
Armandii, Almost looks like mine. 'Parisienne' mix with 'Jackmanii'
He's on top ( don't go there) Ha Ha
Neither are evergreen
Tills

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

Wow, love that light purple and dark purple together. Pretty!

Sadly, the garlic stalks uncurl to be fully straight up before the flower opens. I don't usually leave them in to do that though. When the stem begins to uncurl, that's my clue that it is time to harvest. Then I take off the flower stalk and bring the bulb inside to cure. These aren't cleaned yet.

Thumbnail by mauryhillfarm
(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

Lily blooming :o)
I cant remember name of this one... have to go back and look at my order! lol!

Thumbnail by 1AnjL

first pond flower for me :o)

Thumbnail by 1AnjL
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Tills,
The picture is of Clematis 'General Sikorski'. I was telling Anjl that Armandii is an evergreen clematis...lol
Your 2 are gorgeous!

anyone know what this one is? flower is a lime green color? kinda neat!

Thumbnail by 1AnjL

I decided to plant the General Sikorski and pProteus in a different spot...
will grow jasmine over my new arbor instad :o)
tills did you see a pix of the arbor DH built using your bench arbor as a guide?!

Love this coleus! colors are sooo bright!

Thumbnail by 1AnjL

I believe this on is Happy Returns

Thumbnail by 1AnjL

Ca poppy, love the pink to cream coloring :o)

Thumbnail by 1AnjL
Port Angeles, WA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful pix, everyone. Nice to see so much life in the garden. Things are just starting to get active here. . .I anticipate next month will be quite phenomenal! It's been quite a gardening eye-opener, moving from SoCal and Arizona to the Olympic Peninsula. As one who has not gardened much, save for veggie gardens and a couple of "ooooooh ~ that's pretty" plants stuck in a hole in the ground, I assumed that every spring one plants plants and they grow and flower until late autumn. NOT! But, it is SO much more rewarding when they finally do bloom ~ especially when planted from seed or bulb. So, here's my latest. Not much, but it's all good ~

First is Nasturtium 'Whirlybird Mix'

Thumbnail by outtamygourd

Climbing Nasturtium 'Jewel of Africa' with Calendula 'Sunshine Flashback' on the right and 'Solar Flashback' on the left (all from seed this year ^_^)

Closeup of the Calendula 'Sunshine Flashback'

Anjl ~ I believe I have the same Asiatic NOID as you. This one came in a bag from, I believe, Home Depot or WalMart. There were 15 "Asiatic Lily Mix" in the bag. I also got one which had 10 "Oriental Fragrant Mix" which are budded but not yet blooming.

And with it's sibling ~

Another NOID from the same bag of 15 ~

And NOID #2 with sibling

Not a flower, but still blooming. This little barn swallow fledgling sat on the fence for quite some time. There were a few more but this li'l dude had some 'tude!

Chimacum, WA

What a cutie! The baby swallow!

I know, birds are not flowers, but are still beautiful ! Pardon me if I say a little about birds on this flower thread! Thank you. I promise, only this one post!!!
The other day, I watched a hummingbird go the the door of one of my violet green backed swallow's nest box, look in, then appeared to go get one of the parents who then came and feed the babies in the box. Then that hummer went to the other box with v-g swallow babies in it and seemed to do the same thing! and those babies were fed! The v-g swallows in the second box are the third family of baby birds this year. First family were juncos. Second family were chestnut backed chickadees. and the third family the swallows. The swallow kept checking the box, wanting the chickadees to hurry up and leave!

Everett, WA(Zone 7b)

Wow, I have missed so much... haven't been on much lately, and when I am I am trying to get IDs on things on the ID forum. Bummer, I have missed all that's blooming, but apparently I have planted everything too late or we are just cooler here or something, because our plants are later than everyone else's. :) Anyhow, I have a bunch of NOIDs, in fact, pretty much all of them... I can't remember the particular varieties, or I never knew (they were here from the previous owner), but they sure are pretty.

Here's my first sunflower to bloom... unfortunately, the bloom is facing our privacy fence.

Thumbnail by catgal77
Everett, WA(Zone 7b)

A freesia mix... are you supposed to stake freesia? Or is it just mine that are all floppy and growing sidways??

Thumbnail by catgal77
Everett, WA(Zone 7b)

A coral-colored rose... I believe some sort of floribunda.... those are the ones that have multiple blooms per stem and bloom profusely, right?

Thumbnail by catgal77
Everett, WA(Zone 7b)

A yellow rose... these are really blooming, very pretty, and smell so sweet.

Thumbnail by catgal77
Everett, WA(Zone 7b)

Simple pink cosmos.

Thumbnail by catgal77
Everett, WA(Zone 7b)

Not sure what type of dahlia this is, it actually popped up by surprise after I pulled up a bunch of bishops weed from a small bed... what a nice surprise!

Thumbnail by catgal77
Everett, WA(Zone 7b)

Ok, I won't go on and on... here's the last for me... my yucca plants, an inheritance with the house, that I was ready to get rid of at one point. I have never seen them bloom before, guess I didn't realize they did much in terms of flowering, but now I am excited to see what will happen!

By the way, if anyone is interested in the river rock seen on the ground below the yucca (and all throughout our side yard), I have a Craigslist ad giving it away for free. I want to make plant beds there, and I have no use for the rock anymore. There is probably 2-3 yards of it.

Have a terrific day!

Thumbnail by catgal77

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.