CLOSED: Fairy Garden & Fairy Garden Art Swap!! #3

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

I just tried calling my bosses boss too.....I am thinking I am screwed and that no one gives a s&%t if I am having a semi emergency...

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

I care... and I give a s%$#t too... just can't do anything about it...

no-not you, I mean anyone that I work with-I know you care Auntie Bartles&James....

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Now, just calm down a minute... take a deep breath... maybe two, really deep breaths...
Your boss, and your bosses boss don't know what the problem is yet... so, you don't know that they don't care. I'm sure they do... just call them in the morning... say, about the time you would be leaving... 4:30, and tell them you won't be there...

I have left them both messages, tried emailing them and text messaging them-left the boss 3 messages over the past 2 hrs....so I am pretty sure she is getting them and just ignoring me so she doesn't have to work-I tried calling in 1 day last summer when our AC broke and the guy wouldn't fix it if no one was home and was told that I couldn't....and once this last winter when we were supposed to get (and did get) 6" of snow that night and was told that if I had to leave my house 3 hrs. early to mak it there on time then that was whet I had to do....needless to say I am looking for a new job...

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Yes, by all means, just call them in the am.

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

STACEY... LISTEN TO ME... you have done all you can do to reach her tonight... you have an EMERGENCY that will prevent you from working tomorrow... you need to get that water up to prevent mold spores.. then you really will be sick... probably the cause of your sinus headache this morning.

YOU CALL her in the morning and TELL her you won't be in... you need this personal day.. and there's nothing she can say to that.... YA HEAR?

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Tell her in the am it's more than an emergency, it's a crisis! Your boss wouldn't leave her house with a flooded basement to come to work. Now would she?

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

There are labor laws in this country that prevent bosses from asking employees to do anything that makes them feel unsafe... driving in the snow is one of them.. icy roads.. and such...
I'd say living with mold spores would qualify...

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

Take care, my friend! Get those fairies and gnomes to workin'! I'm so sorry this happened. Don't let that mean ole boss scare you! If she tries to fire you, ask her if she wants you to live in dangerous circumstances! Hint of a lawsuit! It could develop!
Good luck!

Girl, call out the fairies and gnomes!! I'm so sorry you're having problems! At least you found it! I'd help too, if I could! I've been through the "water in the floor" thing, too!

I am going back to the basement and will try her in the am, but if she doesn't answer, then I will have to go in-I open the office....and then when she comes in @ 9:30, then I will be leaving...if you only knew about her....she is one of those bosses that works like 30 hrs a week if that and pretty much does nothing...gives me a hard time when I want vavation days....all that wonderful stuff-according to her is was my choice as to where I loved, so that is why the 6" of snow were not reason to not go to work...as long as she isn't the one w/ mold spores...

Sorry to whine....I am just frustrated with the whole situation....

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Ok, Stacey... you go back to work on that water... but think about it...
You've left messages... emails... text messages... I think she's been told... she has fair warning that she needs to open the office... I wouldn't do any more than that... clean the carpet... go to bed... and see if she calls you back when you didn't show up... the ball's in her court now.

As far as you making your choice where you live... and it snowed where you live... that's rubbish... She made the choice to hire you.. and if you're a good employee, she should be doing what she has to do to keep you happy... I'd say you've gone above and beyond the call of any employee I've ever had... and I've had quite a few.

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Oh Tinky, I, too, wish I was closer to help you with this problem. Never fails to happen when hubby is gone but stressing yourself out won't help--just makes you sicker. Having said that I know you can't help but stress--that's human but remember you count for something too. It's the bosses business, not yours and crisis do happen!!!!

Keep us posted --oh I wish I could get there to help you. This infuriates me!!! With everything else going on in this world why do people have to behave like this to others? Soap box--better stop now!!!!

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

I keep hitting my refresh button like it's helping somehow... sheesh.

I don't even feel like I can go to bed because there's still water on the carpet, mold spores growing, work to be done...

Stacey, my adopted niece... I do hope you listen to words of wisdom.
What's she gonna do? Fire you? Then she'd have to open the office every day.
AND you'd be drawing unemployment while you look for another job... and you'd get it too with what you just told us.

If you're reading this after you are finished getting up all that water... GO TO BED... don't set the alarm... when the office doesn't open on time, it's her, not you, that will get in trouble... remember, you called HER boss too.

I feel very useless right now!! I can remember being her age with things going wrong but I had the fortunate opportunity of being a stay at home wife. I just hope she doesn't make herself sick from all of this. Things can be repaired and replaced but she will take longer to repair if she gets sick.

Where is Linda 1 with her jet when we need her?

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

I know first hand what she's going through... just last year our house flooded every time it rained...was the rainiest spring we had in a lot of years... record rainfalls... and Don wasn't home for any of it... I had it all to do myself...
It finally rained when Don was home, and we got it fixed... I won't go into details, it's a long drawn out story... but it was months before we had dry floors... and mold was my main concern... I still worry that I got the walls dry enough.

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

BUT I didn't have a job to have to leave for at 4:30 in the morn... so, that part I didn't live through...
I have owned a business, and had lots of employees... and Stacey's employer would be hanged at high noon by the Texas Workforce Commission if she were in business here.

One word to all you employers... you wouldn't have a business if it weren't for your employees and your customers... in that order... so take care of them... or you won't be in business long.

Haven't had a flood other than washer overflowing. Luckily that area was lower so the water did drain our nicely. One time did have the hose slip out and water went down between the walls. Became aware of it when we heard this strange noise and went to check it out---wall coming apart back of washer!! Had water run under into the play room and that was starting to get damp. Luckily caught it in time to turn off the washer and stop the draining. Hubby was home for that excitement.

We both know things are repairable and replaceable but I worry about Tinky stressing out!!!

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, she's definitely stressed to the limit... and that water has been standing for a few days too... probably the cause of her sinus headache this morning, it'll only get worse if she doesn't get the carpets dried out.

AND it will only get worse if she's up all night drying the floor, then has to go to work in the morn with no sleep... now, that kind of stress will make her one sick baby...

I'm so worried about her.

Understand!! Wonder hove far BIL is from her? He came and helped with the yard--maybe he could............

Joey in Conroe, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh no Stacy! Tell your boss to get over to your house and roll up her pants and help. Snort, I can come down and help persuade her if you like! I wish I did live closer I have 2 big industrial wet dry vacs sitting in the barn. We could get that stuff up right quick. Take care of yourself girl, there's lots of jobs but only one you!

Hey Jojo, isn't this the pits? I am really feeling stressed not being able to help her!!

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Stacey, ... "people treat you like you let them." As long you take your supervisor's crap, she'll keep dishing it out. I have been an employer and an employee, and I would never treat an employee the way I've been treated at some on the very short-lived jobs I've had (why I quit). Take this opportunity to see the light and find another job girl!!!!

I sure hope she does!!!!

Stacey, call her and leave a message saying, "I wont be in tomorrow, I have an emergency on my hands. Very dangerous." She'll call, then, and don't answer the phone! Go back down to the basement. Then tell her you were in the basement and couldn't answer the phone, which will be true! She just wont know how many minutes you were up there before you went down!

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Stacey... girlfriend... I'm falling asleep at the keyboard...

But I'm worried about you ... PLEASE do right by yourself... take care of your emergency. and then get some sleep... You're gonna be sick for sure if you don't take care of yourself... then you'll be out of work for a week recovering... don't want that..

So, let the boss take care of the office for a day.. one day... you've done your part to contact her... so it's up to her now...

Please ... LORD... watch over our friend Stacey tonight...

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

Stacey- I've been away for a few days. So I am just now catching up. LISTEN to BJ!! You are in all rights now. Please take care of yourself and your home. You have no legal reason to go into work during an emergency. I can only feel for you. As a Californiain who has suffered many of fires and even been evactuated 2 times from my own homes, believe me, the LAW IS ON YOUR SIDE. I hope you are okay. Let us know if you need anything, I mean ANYTHING okay?!?!

{{{HUGS}}} let us know what you know when you can. ~melissa

I have a few hours before my appointment this morning so I wanted to check in on Stacey. How you doing girl? Please say you are not at work!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Oh Stacey, I wish I was closer to you as well. I agree with everyone, you have done your part, Just try to get the water up, and be safe. Don't over do yourself. Sounds like you need a sump pump. That would help a lot.
Take care, and have a Bailey's to relax.
Linda KAy

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

So, no word from Stacey yet... hmmm... don't know if that is good or bad.

I had to check on her first thing this morning... I'm hoping she's just still asleep.

So, I'm just gonna tip toe back out of here, and let her sleep...

Stacey, dear... I'll keep checking back till I see your post.

I was up til about 2 am doing the floors-got about 1/3 of the way done, but I just couldn't do anymore...the smell was killing me!!! So I went to bed and am getting some coffee and then back to work-I did leave 2 fans on all night though...she finally called back @ 10:30-she said "we rented a movie and I was watching that, I heard my phone ring, but just figured I would call whoever it was back after the movie"....I wanted to scream at her that her non-chalantness made the situation worse!! Oh well....I figure I will sit her for a little bit, then head back to the trenches....I am sorry I was a whiner last night, it is just frustrating when you have a boss like this. She left work early because her boyfriend spilled paint on their stairs for crying out loud, but it seems that whenever we have some issue, it is like "well, but I really need you here, so you need to take care of that after work"...if you only knew.....yes I will be spending some considerable time looking for a new job over the next couple weeks...

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

OH, how glad I am that you stayed home today... I feel so much better now that I've heard from you... sheesh... you had me so worried.

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

You have nothing to apologize for... you should know that we're here for you... you had every right to be upset, and we all just wanted to help...

UPSET... is not whining...

Me too! Glad your boss finished her movie *rolls eyes* (I learned that from my DD)
Now you can relax somewhat and concentrate on the job at hand. Take care of yourself!!

Me? I'm off to have almost as much fun LOL. Be back when I'm drooling!

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

JoJo... the dentist will make sure you feel no pain... just go with it...
And afterwards, that tooth will never again give you any trouble...

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Whew! I'm so glad you didn't go in to open up. Thinking about you, Stacey. Take care of yourself, sweetie.

Thanks for listeneing to me and being supportive....sorry I didn't check in last night after I got done-I was pooped-realized I hadn't eaten since the salad I had @ 1pm, had a bowl of cereal and went to bed-I just can't wait to take a shower after I am done-I am smelly from all of that ucky stench:(

Now Joey has me wondering what she is drooling over....hmmm....

oo-the dentist-I couldn't figure out what would be almost as much fun as what I am doing and that would make her drool-I was thinking drooling as a good thing...duh!!LOL

Thanks Deb!!

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Stacey... how far away does your BIL live? the one that helped you dig your flower bed... is he close enough to help at all?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.