Help!

Montevideo, MN(Zone 4a)

Not quite sure what catigory this is in but, i`m gonna ask anyways. I aquired a star jasmine I live in zone 3/4 so I know it wont over winter outside soo my question is will it live for me indoors & If it will what should I expect the plant to do? Shed leaves ?...etc.
Thanks,
Jen

Perrysburg, OH(Zone 5a)

Hi Jennifer,
I have a "confederate jasmine" which I think is the same as star jasmine, mine has been outside all summer, I just recently moved it indoors it seems to be doing fine. I have tried to grow other jasmines inside without sucess, they seem to need alot of water and strong light, occasional misting as well. THe others I tried were in a north facing window, which also had a pretty good draft so I'm sure that didn't help them at all. My star jasmine is in a south facing window which is under an awning like I said it seems to be doing good so far by the way none of the leaves have dropped from the move yet (about two weeks) so I don't think I will be losing any. I hope this helps--sometimes it's easier knowing what not to do, and i've got plenty of advise on that!!!lol
Becky

New York, NY(Zone 6a)

Star jasmine (Trachelospermum jasminoides) cannot tolerate temps below 45 degrees. To overwinter it, keep it in your sunniest window and also try to keep it on the cool side if possible.

You can expect leaf loss because of the reduction in light and the dry indoor air. Prune it back sharply now so that new growth will be better adapted to the indoor environment. You may also need to prune it back again in the late spring before you move it outside.

Petaluma, CA

What I've seen called Confederate Jasmine is T.asiaticum, and very very similar to T.jasminoides, just a little smaller, and it may bloom earlier. Care is pretty much the same for both.
Enjoy that fragrance...
They are hardy in my locale, and I've found that daily showers will extend the bloom time, and this light spray didn't seem to harm the roots.

Montevideo, MN(Zone 4a)

You guys are WONDERFUL ! THANK YOU ! Now I may just go get a couple more(got a great deal on them @ wallyworld).
Jen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.