kitchen swap #2

Plano, TX

we came from here--http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/861982/

Remember those plates, saucers, tea cups, bowls that are chipped and have no match-the ones you keep but don't know why? well now you have a chance to give them a good home! Use any of those items to make something new for your secret pal! Break them if you want (as in mosaic), change them up or keep them as they are but make them into something new --lots of ideas on the internet--remember garage sales, thrift stores, dollar stores and the back of tj max are all great places to look if you already cleaned out your kitchen!!
taking names till July 1 and we will mail on July 15--should be lots of fun-

one excellent site on computer is OPEN DIRECTORY SHOPPING CRAFTS MOSAICS:CERAMIC AND BROKEN CHINA (long title!)

1. bjwilson
2. doe 41
3. jojoringer
4. threegardeners
5. taters 55
6. abbisgranma
7. susan 505
8. betty pauze
9. kimarj
10 fleurdefouquet
11 heavenscape
12 makshi
13 planolinda
14 froggies_girl

This message was edited Jul 1, 2008 7:42 AM

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

see, ya did a good job

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

Yay!!

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

YEA!!! I found you!!! and I'm only on my first cup of coffee

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

woooo hooo, I made it too.Good morning.

Plano, TX

copy, cut and paste are new to me--i know-how can i be so far behind in the tech world!! well -glad you could make it to the new site and isn't that copy and paste handy!

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

My CTRL, C, and V keys are almost wore out... I use them a lot.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

bj, we are waiting. who?

Joey in Conroe, TX(Zone 8b)

LOL Me and Kathy are going to track you on all threads till you tell!!

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

I DID TELL, but I'm keeping on the Sweet Interruptions thread... not here.

Yeah but we were having fun stalking you anyway LOL

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Mornin", here you go again trying to lose me!!! I smelled the good coffee and that gave you away.

Debra, do you think a wedding would keep you awake? Mother of the bride and all? LOL Keep us updated with the details--oh so much fun to be able to share!!

Linda 1, I didn't know how to c/p either. DD had to show me--couldn't believe I didn't know how. Duh! I'm not a genius!!!

What is BJ going to tell? Did I miss that also?

Jojo, morning, how you doing and the Zekster?

Kathy are you packing or digging now?

Hey Marion! WellDH got up an left for wok rather nosily this morning so I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. Got some stuff done around the house and chatted a while. Zman had a nightmare about midnight and we all got up so I dont know why I couldnt sleep LOL. Laid back down about 9 but Z decided it was time to get up. So I'm back! LOL don't know how productive the rest of the day is gonna be. Zman is full of p*^# and vinegar however...

Paxton, FL(Zone 8a)

abbisgranma, Paxton is north of Destin and Defuniak Springs, right on the AL/FL line. I think I went through Havana many years ago. Want to wander that way again one day, heard you have lots of antique stores? I host a plant swap here that you need to come to. We are having one in October.

LOL ok so DH wasn't nosy this morning he was noisy...y'all are gonna have to forgive typos today

Oh I like it better when he was "nosy" LOL. Oh how I remember the days of nightmares, sleepless nights, sick kids--thank goodness they are adults now--with sleepless nights, nightmares, etc. Wait things haven't change!

Gingerlily you really aren't to far away. Yes there are lots of antique stores here now. I haven't lived in the area long but am aware of the stores. Neat place to spend the afternoon,--no day.

Will mark your RU for October. I start back working with a festival and not always sure of my schedule. Just getting plants in my yard so I'm also short on items to dig to share. Would love to meet people in the area tho and share information.

Marion, what does c/p mean?

cut and paste--just me being wierd.

Well my neighbor called so we are off to Goodwill to go rummaging LOL. The floor that needs sweeping will still be here when I get back!
Laters everybody!

Understand the priority perfectly. Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow. Right?

I heard that, my house needs dusting, but it will wait till about 30 minutes before everyone shows up on thursday for the 4th. Gonna have a house full, so don't know how much I will be here. I am going to miss you all here, so keep a chair open, and have the Bailey's ready.
Linda Kay

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Where is everyone? Are you lost? Or am I the one lost? Isn't today the 3rd????

Good morning, I am here.You got the coffee, I have the Bailey's.
Linda Kay

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Maybe we're all lost, but we're lost together... right?

right!!!

Yes, it's the 3rd. Payday!!!! Yippee!!!! Already gone and spent mine!!!Just kidding, I saved enough to mail my stuff!! Had my airconditioner filled with freon and...........GOT ME A CAMERA!!!!!!!!!^_^ ^_^ ^_^ Now I have to learn how to use it! And you'll get pics of my little garden!(Turning handsprings and jumping for joy!!!!)

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

WOW ... Audrey... you're coming up in the world.. YIPPEE... now we get to see what Audrey get's in the mail... sooo cool.

Tee hee hee!!!

You go girl!! Now we get to see lots of pics!

Ah ha!f Jojo there you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been looking for you girl. One short message: ROFLMBO!!!!!!!, I'll post pic later but remember you have to do the same!!!

Mystery continues but blame this one on Jojo--what a genius my dear!!!!!

LMBO I know you got a package now!! We just got back from the Y kids are tuckered out (YAY!!) I'm so glad you got it, and yeas we must have pics!!!!!

Plano, TX

i am going to guess that the 2 of you made the same thing for the swap---

LOL not quite the same thing, but along the same vein. This isnt really swap stuff, just Xtreme silliness!! I just got my package too. My daughter and myself are both swooning!!

So are you going to share with the rest of us, we want pictures...
Linda Kay

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm going to take a guess... is it a pillow case with a certain someone's picture on it?

LOL I'm not telling! And I dunno if Marion is brave enough to send a pic of what I sent her LOL

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, comeon.. you guys are too much... you have all our curiosities peeked.... not fair.

Well BJ you are very good indeed. Partly right!!

Okay Jojo but your turn is next!!!!

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

AHEM... May I have your attention.... PLEASE... My postman just may have just delivered the very first (drum roll please) "From my kitchen to yours" swap goodie...

Here's what I just received from Audrey... it's a cut flower vase... and it has that styro inside to keep the stems upright, and soaks up water to keep them fresh. She applied all those beads on one at a time, and all that ribbon. I just love it... what a great idea to use odd dishes... THANK YOU AUDREY...

Thumbnail by bjwilson

Oh how cool is that!! Great piece of work Audrey--not good enough to tell you where the Bailey's is though. :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.