Mid-Atlantic Roll Call, Part Two

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hi Robin!

What is a cryptologic museum? (I gues I can go look it up but I'm being lazy.)

Bedford, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi Ayla! I used to own land in Berkeley SPrings! Love that town - are the Springs still open to the public for free? My property was off of Luther Michael Road down by Cacapon Park . Welcome to the thread!
Terri

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

A big welcome to you both Ayla & Robin!!

Mechanicsville, MD

Welcome everyone. It's great to meet you. Hope to read more of your posts in the future.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks, everyone.

Jen, I do enjoy Skippack, too. Great place to just wander around. When we have guests, we usually end up there at some point in their visit.....

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Jen, cryptology is the making and breaking of codes, the museum covers codes from centuries ago up to the Vietnam War. It really is quite interesting, I don't really know much about it but I have figured out a few simple ones--it impresses the kids that come in. The museum kind of explains what the NSA does.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Neat! Does it cover how they used the Native americans during WWII?

edited for extra word not needed in that sentence.

This message was edited Jun 3, 2009 4:52 PM

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Yes, there is an exhibit about the Navajo Code Talkers and you can even buy a talking Navajo Code Talker G I Joe in my gift shop. I also have a DVD and usually a couple books too.

Landisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

I am Janet and live in Landisburg, Pa..
Married with two married daughters, 10 grandchildren and 2 great grand children...For 20 years I have transported special needs students to school.....I love gardening and I guess you would call me intermediate.....I am always working on a new project...I am putting a path through the large flower bed now and also working on a a new bed....I want to put a trellis up in the large bed with the path..I am also working on a new Hosta bed and would like to put some kind of flowing fountain in that........My mind is always searching for more things I can add to the flower beds..Just love flowers and the great outdoors......

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Welcome, bluepoppy! I hope you'll show us your garden, maybe post some photos on the "spring projects" thread on this forum.. :-)

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Welcome to you Janet. Please all new posters, feel free to join in on any of our discussions at any time. We're presently posting bloom photos on this thread and would welcome any of your photos and questions.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/996584/

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Welcome Janet, that's a lot of grands!

Landisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Sorry there will be no pics..I have no digital camera and am totally techy illerate.......lol

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

You can take pics and have a picture disk made when you develop your film.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

LOL I'm not worried... you'll start enjoying all the photos in the various DG forums, and before you know it you'll get yourself a little digicam. :-)

Landisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

BUt then to tell you how far out of the loop I am..I don't have a puter..I have a webtv and don't think I can send pics on this.. I will just enjoy all of yours.....

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

hey, as long as you're willing to drop in and chat and tell us about your gardens... we will just use our imaginations, and there will never be any weeds in your garden. :-)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Bluepoppy, I remember that name I believe I received a bag of Poppy seeds from you maybe 2 years ago? Landisburg is not far from me I was just up your way this evening and will be up in Little Buffalo on Sat. There are several DG members in this area. Welcome. Holly

Landisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

are you going to Little Buffalo park??? I really love going there.....
I have a SIL living close to Dover.....
There is another one of us in Loysville but I don't she has signed up here ..

Mechanicsville, MD

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of people here with plentiful knowledge, helpful hints, great personalities and beautiful gardens. You will love it!!!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Welcome to all the new folks!

Robin, I was a CT in the Navy. I have quite a few friends who were stationed at Ft. Meade at one time or another.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes we will be at the park for a Picnic, It has been years since I was actually at the Park but it was a wonderful park back then and I know they have done much since I was last there. Let me know when you might get down this way maybe we could get together. Buttoneer lives in Carlisle so she wouldn't be far either for a gettogether.

Landisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Have you been there since they put the pool in?????? Better bring your suit.....

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

There was a very nice pool when I was there last must have been close to 30 years ago. I think it has been redone since then. LOL

Landisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Holly
How was your trip to Little Buffalo???
Bet it was a busy place today...

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Welcome Janet, We had a beautiful day at Little Buffalo State Park, We were at pavilion 1, just across from the pool. I didn't walk up to the pool and I don't think Holly did either. She's off babysitting our GDs for the night and has the camera with her.
It was our HGA, Home greenhouse associations annual picnic, it was a pretty good crowd and we always do a project. This year they did living wreaths, so everyone was quite busy. I'm sure we will post pics under Garden Objects tomorrow. I musta' been to the parking lot 15 times helping to haul everything in and out. Lucky for me one of the guys had the forethought to bring a wheelbarrow, for me to use. LOL :-) Holly's Ric

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

We missed the picnic at little buffalo park because we had a craft show to do in Boiling Springs and it was a gorgeous day and very profitable. Yesterday & today, we finished the veggie garden: Tomatoes, spring onions, corn, radishes, zucchini and an old Heirloom: Moon n' stars watermelon. Tomorrow, we're going to take a trip to Roots Farmers Market in Manheim (Lancaster area) and I am looking forward to that.

Landisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Do both you Buttoneer and Holly have home greenhouses??? And do you sell out of them...like back yard selling????
and you were at Boiling Springs Buttoneer...Did you sell crafts or flowers, etc?????
Inquiring minds want to know...lol

Perkasie, PA(Zone 6b)

Name: sissystars
Family: spouse and 2 children ( 17 and 21); 6 official cats, [no living dogs for now], finches, lizards, guinea pig.
Employment: college professor
Gardening Level: I don't know!
Gardening Focus: Hmm. Trying to incrementally transform an old farm with bad soil into ... an English garden?

Orange, VA(Zone 7a)

Name: Dria13
Family: Husband, almost 3 yr old daughter Kimimela, and a cat Quartz.
Employment: Pastry Chef and B & B operator
Gardening Level: I get by well enough but there is always sooooo much more to learn.
Gardening Focus: Working on renovating gardens at my family's B & B Inn. Original gardens were put in by a founding member of the Garden Club of Virginia. I know I can't recreate them but I am trying to do justice to the history of the property. This year doing vegetable garden too.

Mechanicsville, MD

Welcome dria13 and sissystars.
sissystars I slowly created my version of an English garden as you walk up my steps but I am never satisfied with it so I am always changing it. My yard is always a work in progress LOL. I say my version because I try to work with plants which are hardy in my area and can be somewhat sustainable but I try to keep the planting like an English garden. You will get alot of help from some very wise people in this forum.

Dria13 I hope you post some pictures of your historical recreation. You may think you can't recreate it but remember it is important for every generation to add their creative sense to the garden too. My favorite veggie garden in Virginia is Thomas Jefferson's at Monticello. I love the whole place it is like one big ecological/science experiment ( I hope to have a job in an ecological field soon).

Can't wait to see pictures of both your gardens!!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Welcome sissy and dria!
Sissy-Perkasie was on my list of places to move to when we were thinking of leaving NJ.
Dria, That sounds like an awesome gardening job.
Please post pics of your endeavors.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Welcome Sissy & Dria. It's great to have you both here in MA. Please feel free to join any of our conversations. Please post your photos and/or ask questions at any time. This is our current bloom thread. Come on over and join the fun: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1000319/#new

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

bump!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Welcome Dria & Sissystars, I hope you enjoy the company we keep! Holly's Ric

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Hi all, I thought I would introduce myself. I recognize so many from other forums. It seems real nice here!!

Name: Ronnie

Family: Husband, 2 sons, one daughter in law, one almost daughter in law and two of the most beautiful granddaughters ever!! 4 dogs~3 Great Danes and 1 bulldog

Employment: Owner of a small pizza shop
Gardening Level: my whole life pretty much, I guess that makes me a beginner!! Always learning about something new.

Gardening Focus: I love to start things from seed and have quite a thing for dahlias and morning glories. I have a pretty good size yard, about 1/3 of an acre...always dreamed of more but am happy with my little piece of heaven. I have a cottage/farmy look. I love to collect old looking things for the yard. I have lots of perennials to attract the birds and butterflies...I am happiest when I can be outside and look forward to having a greenhouse someday!!

Nice to meet everyone

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hey, Ronnie! yummmmmm pizza!!! We were just about to order ours.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Welcome Ronnie, Yes I do know your name from several other forums. You aren't far from me only a couple of hrs to Phila. I would love to see some pics of your garden. Seems I remember some very pretty blue/grey MG pics last year.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Welcome Ronnie! Yes, there is a great group of folks here always ready to help, admire and inspire.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Ronnie, In case you haven't seen it, I am reviving the "Garden Objects" thread. Please add some of yours!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/989901/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.