I CAN - tell us what you CAN do #2

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I remember Jack and I refusing it back when we had some work done on the first house we lived in. We could just see all the dirt and germs, etc. collecting on it. Considering that I'm not good a housecleaner we were both very glad we turned it down. I've know people who had it falling off bits at a time on them. I think that helped our decision.

Cathy, how about purchasing just one panel at a time? Find out how many you need first, then start buying one a month or whatever you can afford. That is how I will have to buy the paneling for my hallways. When I get them all I'll have so much a month I can afford to pay someone to help me put them up.

Hopefully Kyle and Tim(our 'son' because of he and Kyle's friendship since adolesence)will lay the floor vinyl again for me. I actually did the hallways myself which is why they were not taped on all the edges. I actually thought at the time that that would be better so I could lift it up and clean under it. Then I foolishly taped down the ends & doorways so we would stop tripping over curling edges. That eliminated lifting it up to clean under it. The kitchen wasn't taped at the edges either at first. That worked out ok until we got an infestation of cockroaches from someone else's laundry that we let them do here. The roaches took shelter under the vinyl. So we sprayed and put down Combat gel under the vinyl and taped down the edges all the way around. I know better now than to let someone I should know has roaches to do their laundry at my home. And I know that the vinyl needs to be taped at the edges. I don't see any need for an all over glueing. There are enough appliances and pieces of furniture in that small room to hold it in place. There isn't 4' of wall space without something heavy setting on it in that whole room.

Is this the I CAN thread? Anyway, this morning I got out my Mantis tiller & tilled 2 rows in a 20+' raised bed that I weeded last night for garlic. I planted 54 cloves so far. I also tilled a spot to move my sage to. I need to get a struggling little tiny rhubarb moved too before it just gives up and admits defeat to whatever is wrong with it.

I've had lunch and my noon meds so I need to drag myself back out there. I really want to just go to bed, but there is so much to do and the day is wonderful. It would be a sin to waste it laying in bed.

GOD bless and keep each of you.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

WOW... you acomplished a lot! You go girl!

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

Leaf, you blow me away with your accomplishments.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Agreed. I now have 3 (three) articles to finish.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Well, I got one clump of sage moved and some of the horseradish threatening to take over the tilled bed removed. Then I realized that it was going to be difficult to even get back to the house. I did that as fast as I could, cleaned up, changed into a house coat, and went to bed. While lying there I was reading The Maker's Diet by Ruben Jorden. A very good book. I'm about 1/2 way thru it. Now I'm listening to the news from a K.C. station. If I get the energy back I'll move the poor little rhubarb.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

This thread has been dead too long Surely there is something someone else has discovered or rediscovered they can do. I just finished reading TPlant's thread about the Coir(?)he is using for a growing medium.

I learned GOD has renewed my strength enougth that with the help of a DD and a DGD I can put 2 deer that were shot, skinned, field dressed & delivered by another DGer in our freezers and 3 skinned raccoon from a neighbor in mine. The raccoons are now cooked and debonned. I was exhausted for 2 days and still tired today but hopefully the coming weekend will be a repeat of last weekend, Mon. and Tues.

GOD bless and keep each of you.

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

With the extremely high incidence of rabies in raccoons, are you actually going to eat them??

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I CAN arrange piano music for SATB choir.

I can go to the humane society and adopt a new little dog to replace our dear Lucy who had cancer. I've been sad for weeks, I think it was time for some new love. She's a little wiener dog, 3 years old and she loves me already and makes me smile. Making the decision to go was the hard part.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

These were hunted with dogs and shot so I doubt they were sick. The hunters would have noticed unusual behavior and not offered me the carcasses. And I'm sure that 15 min. at 15# pressure was enough to kill any bacteria. So in a nutshell, yes we are going to eat them. The hunters didn't even mention rabies and I haven't heard anyone around here mention it so I don't think we are having problems locally.

Kathy, I'm glad you got the little dog. All my dogs were unwanted when I got them.

Wow, Carrie, arranging music for a choir is really an accomplishment in my eyes. I can read music if not pushed to do it in a hurry.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

The question is, will the Nazi choir director allow us (the choir) to perform it? Thanks, though, but I was trained, I am supposed to be able to do this, in fact, it's not supposed to take me this long! Dealing with a dead raccoon - that I couldn't do!!! Congrats, Cathy, on your new family member - name?

maybe the rabies is more in the south. I do wildlife rehab and we have been banned from rehabbing then nationwide due the the rabies.

Otherwise: I have torn meniscus and debris in both knees that have had me practically immobilized with severe pain for a couple of weeks now, and will go in for surgery on the left one Tues Dec 2. I would appreciate any prayer,encouragement and good wishes that any could put in for me. Please remember me on the 2nd (2 Tuesdays from now.

Thanks,
Sheri

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Pooooor Sheri! All good thought and wonderful healing wishes your way!

Thanks Carrie!

Sheri, sorry this pain has come your way and I hope it LEAVES quickly with a successful surgery!

Tempe, AZ(Zone 9b)

I can circle my house every morning in my wheelchair and whisper to my garden plants.

I can look to my Lord each day for the strength that I need for that day

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Go for it, 2nd!

Carrie,
Are you the Carrie that has written some articles for the DG newsletter? If so , I have really enjoyed them!!

Sheri

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Yes, Sheri, I am that Carrie! THANK YOU! (Compliments always help...)

The one that you wrote from the plants perspective was Fabulous!!!
Anybody who hasn't read it is in for a treat when they do!
Hugs,
Sheri

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ (Well, my day was just made! Anything I can do for any one of the rest of the wonderful people here?)

Sheri, you know one of the hardest things about writing that article was creating the character of the water bringer, obviously based on me, but making her/it be able to ambulate. I kept wanting her to be in a wheelchair!!! But I found it fairly easy to identify with the plight of helpless potted plants. It's like when I'm in a manual wheelchair and somebody leaves me facing a wall.

Sheri is talking about this article: http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/1650/

HI all,
I will be having surgery on my Left knee Tues. My Mom is gonna have me at her house for the first few days since I will not be able to walk. No computer access there.
I will appreciate any prayers that anyone would care to lift up to the Master for me. The operation will be around 11am.
Hugs and Blessings,
Sheri

Bless you, Sheri

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, Sheri, gentle hugs, warm thoughts, and prayers are wending their way to you! Good luck!!!

Thank you for the prayers and D-hugs!
I will be fine, as He holds me in the palm of His hands and has good plans for me.
I will be in touch as soon as I get home and back on line.

Hugs,
Sheri

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

My prayers are with you, Birdie. God is with you now & always. I'm thankful you will be with your mother for few days.

I fell on the ice just before I got to the thrift store this mormig & broke my left wrist. Surgery is tomorrow about 1 in the afternoon. Plans are for a closed reduction & pins. Same day surgery. I'm staying with our DD for a few days. Holly is taking care of the critters.

GOD bless & keep each of you.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

leaflady and Sheri, My prayers and thoughts will be with you both tomorrow.May God and his angels stay by your sides.
Vickie

Oh Leaflady!! I hope your surgery went as well as mine did.
I'm at Momma's, but apparently somebody in the neighborhood has an unsecured wireless router, cause my very smart 'puter picked up a signal this morning when I turned it on to do some Bible studying.
So.....I am letting my friends know how well things turned out first, then I will study for today.
My surgeon turns out is a Christian and prayed a very nice prayer when I asked him. The surgery went much faster than expected, in spite of my ankle "being a real mess" (my Momma's terms from the Dr's report to her. I am having some pain, but not nearly as bad as I had anticipated. I am very excited about getting better from this one quickly and having the right knee done ASAP so that I can be as good as possible for spring and summer.
Leaflady, you are in my prayers and I hope that you are pain free and have rapid healing with good therapy and speedy return to full function. Is it your dominant hand that got injured? I surely hope not, but that is usually the case with so many hand injuries.
Hugs,
Sheri / BirdieBlue

GREAT to hear that things went well for you Birdie, lets hope we hear from Leaflady soon too!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I'm starting a new threat. See everyone there.

please provide the link to the new thread

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/932607/

There you go.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.