my garden is finally set up

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I'm expanding my container gardening to include corn, too. This is Ruby Queen. I have a rolling pad bottom to move it around in the sun.

Thumbnail by mittsy

A closer shot.

Thumbnail by mittsy

My lettuce which I grow year round, taking it to FL with me, and then bringing it back again in the spring.

Thumbnail by mittsy
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

mittsy....like the corn in round pots. I see "Ruby Queen" gets high marks in plant files too:

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/49833/

Next year for sure.

Not familiar with your area. The water view is beautiful. Looking at a map I see Lake Oneida is near you. Do you overlook that?

We are located at Maple Bay

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

mittsy - very nice indeed. where is cicero n.y. anyway

North of Syracuse

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

I never thought to grow them in a container. I would have thought they'd need more space to pollinate. Very exciting!

I'm trying Triple Play this year.

Thumbnail by Sequee
Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Actually, that corn photo was taken last Sunday, here's the boxes today...

I'm beginning to get excited. My 2 previous attempts weren't the best - hopefully I'll get more than half a dozen ears this year. (The ones I did get were tasty enough to spur me on to try again!)

Thumbnail by Sequee
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Corn is pretty too. Not a real garden without corn. I have to figure out someplace to put some next year.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Last year the Morning Glories took over the corn patch, and it was quite a sight in the early mornings when we walked the dogs. The neighbors love it. Me thinks the corn did not!

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

next year i am going to buy those big plastic containes (the ones with the rope handles) and plant all my veggies in them. i figure i can get two of anything i grow into one of those things and it will be perfect for corn.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.