hold on michigan

Port Sanilac, MI

I went to a plant exchange this morning! No one else seemed to notice the rain so I just walked around pretending I was in my right mind; should have known most of us plant people aren't. At least it wasn 't cold, I got to talk to other people with the same interests, and was able to tell a couple of people about DG..

Now I have all these nice new plants and can't get them into the ground! Looks like tomorrow won't work either and then after that, I imagine we will get the tail end of Ike.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Kays... sounds like you had a great day! I've never gotten to go to a plant exchage. I always end up having to work. But really want to sometime! When I am working in the yard usually I do not mind the rain. Probably and have gone to the GH in the rain. Really enjoyed it also. Your right its really not to cold, just when you get wet then it can be miserable. Congrats on the new plants. Sure do hope we don't get the tail end if Ike. We are going camping on mon. ;) We are looking forward to hiking with the dog down many trails! Kinda the last hurah of summer. We will probably have most of the campground to ourselves. LOL. I know I think we are suppose to get more rain on sunday. P.S. I'm sure YOU are in your right mind. Thats hilarious! I like that line, Ronna

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Well here it is sunday morning and its still raining. The third day in a row. The poor dog hasn't been on a walk in three days. I took him this morning. He enjoyed it but it was raining. He ran his heart out. Chased the kill deers! Its so funny when he does that. He never could actually catch one but he always tries. He was whipped when we came home.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

2days in a row here! i cant take much more rain!!! sigh
its so gloomy! i may have to order some plants just to cheer up ;)

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I hear ya'. Still raining here. Very steadily. Sure looks like there is no end in sight on the radar.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

It is so depressing. I need some sunny days to cheer me up. I keep telling myself all the rain is good for the trees and plants but I sure will be glad when it stops. I think tomorrow the 15th is the day we're supposed to take our hummingbird feeders down. My hummers are still here eating. I really hate to send them off flying to Mexico in all this rain and storms. Do you think it would hurt to leave them up for a few more days till it stops raining?

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i have hummers in the garden still here....feeders are empty. I think they go when they are ready feeder or not!

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

My husband said he heard that the hummingbirds catch a ride on the back of the geese. Is that true or is that an urban legend?

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Loon, that is a urban legend for sure......I talked with a bird person and they said Hummers have an internial clock that tells them when to leave. Sorta like when the Martin's come back to Michigan or the Swallows return to Capistrano.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

lots of rain here also I took the puppy for 3 walks since I got home from work he has so much energy he was just wound for sound I'll be in Paw Paw this week end I hope the flea markets are still open I still have to find a room to stay in !!! friend Beth was suppose to be in charge of that but so far shes not found one yet and theres 4 of us going;0( Ronna any ideas where theres a cheep motel ??
Gloria

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Finally no rain today but boy is it cold and windy.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Gloria.... Sorry I missed the post.... No I do not know of any hotels there in Paw Paw. You went to the flea markets huh? Did you get anything good? We stopped going there. Nothing worth buying for us. Prices are to high also. We have been camping for four days in Yankee Springs state park. Had a blast. The weather was wonderful. We couldve meet if I wouldv'e been home. Darn. Ronna

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Ronna I'm going to be there THIS week end we are leaving tomarrow around 5p.m. we got a motel in Paw Paw I don't know which one yet Beth got it
Gloria ;0)

p.s. would love to see you !!!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Yes and thanks for the d-mail. I miss read the post! Have a great time. Ronna

Zephyrhills, FL

Ahh at times I miss Michigan..... but y'all can keep that cold stuff lol

Port Sanilac, MI

At times I miss Zephyrhills. I'll be there when the cold stuff comes! But in the meantime, look what you're missing now.

Thumbnail by kays_camelot
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Beautiful kays_camelot! Look at that beautiful blue sky..... Ahhh simply Michigan! Ronna

Clarkston, MI(Zone 5b)

We lost a 150+ year old red oak tree during a June 2008 severe storm.
The wind blew large branches down and when we had tree removal,
the trunk was hollowed out by nature.

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

ughhh that breaks my heart I bet it was beautiful!!! (before the damage)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.