What's outside your back door?

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

We've determined that most of us don't have front porches, so what's outside your back door? Foliage or in bloom......Feel free to post some of your pictures also!!

Here's some of mine.......

This message was edited Jun 6, 2008 5:11 PM

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Plumeria

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Red Hibiscus

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Brugs

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

African Violet

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Another red hibiscus

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Daylily

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Curcuma

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Orchids

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Money Tree, begonia, dracaena

Edited to correct spelling on dracaena

This message was edited Jun 6, 2008 11:39 AM

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Vieques, PR

Man, that's hard to compete with, Tex!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks! I've tried to create my own "Little Hawaii" since I can't go there! So going for the Tropical Look!!!

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Vieques, PR

I'd say you succeeded big time --who needs an 18 hour plane ride???

Sorry to offend any island dwellers...

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Pond

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Planter from inside Gazebo

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Red hibiscus outside gazebo

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks "JPlunket"! Appreciate it!

Yellow hibiscus

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Full shot of the backyard yesterday

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

It all looks so lovely, Jeanne!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Wonderful, Jeanne. You have definitely captured the cool island feel. Really inviting.

Christi

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks Jen and Christi! Still lots to do as always, but pretty happy with it so far!

(Mary) Poway, CA(Zone 10a)

Beautiful! Looks very lush and green.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Thank you!!!! My Grandkids call it "Na-Na's Jungle". It's definately green, and per the last DG Inquiry I guess I do plant things close together! LOL!

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

I want to plant me in there ; } Your backyard is awesome!!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm glad that y'all like it!!!!!!!

Once we get the gazebo reroofed with the palm fronds and I have my "hut" back together, then I will be more satisfied. It's been one thing or another since Spring got here, so hopefully that will happen before much longer.

We also have to get the Tiki Torches back up. It's been so windy that we haven't put them back out yet.

One step at a time.....in "almost paradise"!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Just lovely Jeanne! Little bit of the islands in the middle of Texas! Makes me want to come and just sit and enjoy the ambiance. Well done!

Yokwe,
Shari

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Shari, thanks! You are welcome any time. Just let me know when you are coming!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Looks great!! I could post pics of my back deck but since it looks straight at some trashy neighbors I would have to get creative on how to keep them out of the pic. lol

i would rather have you as my next door neighbor. :~)

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I would like to have you as my neighbor, pep.

Christi

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I agree, Lou, I'd take you and Pepper any day! Thanks Pepper!

We're very fortunate here, we have very good neighbors on all sides and across the street!! They don't complain about my jungle! haha!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Jeanne, I, too have great neighbors. That's the only reason I have been in the same home for 41 1/2 years. Can't duplicate what I have here.

PK

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I know that's right! I plan on staying here until the Lord comes and gets me! Lots of time for the jungle to grow, grow, grow!

Atawhai,Nelson, New Zealand(Zone 10a)

Im very impressed with your garden Jeanne. Hope fully mine will look like that eventually.

Mike

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

In response to the title of this thread, here is the entrance to my garden...taken a few months ago, but you get the idea.

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

You are so clever. Can't imagine your garden when you had dirt not coral rock on the ground. hahahaha

This is one sight.

PK

Thumbnail by LouC

Ok, found pics of my backyard. It was taken in Feb and my neighbor's aren't in it. lol.

On the otherside of the bush and tree I now have cannas and perennial grasses planted. I am hoping all the cannas will come up and I will have a nice screen from the neighbors. :~)

Thumbnail by pepper23
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

These run 80 feet along my back fence. Makes a very good privacy shield. They die completely to the ground every winter and come right back the next spring. I do nothing to protect them. They also multiply like crazy. You'll like it.

I would love living in the open country like you do, Pep.

Christi

Thumbnail by LouC

So far I only have one that has popped up. I have 3 Tropicannas that were already growing when they were given to me. So no privacy yet. If they make it I will use them next year if it looks good. Otherwise I will find something else. :~)

I live in the country but it's still crowded around here. But my road is only a mile or so long and can only be accessed by the local highway or another gravel road. But overall it could be worse so not too many complaints. lol

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Boy, talk about contrasts! From Christi's "hidden picture" candidate to Pepper's, "canvas waiting to be painted". We sure have lots of wonderful variety in this forum!

What you see there is about what it looks like now exept greener. lol. My dad refuses to let me take up more yard so I am limited in where I can plant. If I had it my way the grass would be accents with wild plants everywhere.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.