seeking other Sedum's

I have a Sedum that has pink flowers, blooming now, hopefully i am going to learn how to get seed from this plant. I would like to trade for other colors.

Valley Village, CA

Could this be Sedum sieboldii, it will have leaves in a groups of three. Mine does have the pink flowers and is the variegated form. Yours my be bluish-gray with red borders. It will also go dormant when it gets cold, leaves turning red, and will drop those stems. Do not water again until you see new growth in the Spring.
Now I am assuming that this is what you have, and certainly hope so because it is truly a lovely plant. If not, I would love to trade with you, it may be something that I am looking for, and I could take it to the Huntington to have it identified. Thanks Crasulady

Its not varigated . It is just now getting pink looking tiny flowers on it. has bigger light green leaves. I will try to take a picture of it tomorrow for you. I keep it with my hen and chicks and it does good--- if my daughter's cat would stay off it! It has broken a few limbs off, whick i just stuck in the ground they seem to be rooting.

MWSBI think you may have Sedum Autumn Joy
like me' It turns pink now and goes darker
right before it goes to seed'My leaves
are a light green,not varigated and no
color on the edges,just plain green'

trying to get a picture here but no luck
I posted a picture of it under identification

This message was edited Thursday, Aug 30th 4:46 PM

Valley Village, CA

It doesn't need to be variegated. The normal one is a soft blue grayish green. If it has leaves in whorls of three that would be it. I forget their are other Sedums out there with pink flowers, thanks for reminding me. My Autom Joy is in flower also, does other members of this family also have pink flowers? I have a variegated form of this species.
Crasulady

When I get caught up, I will offer Sedum. I have one more box to fly out of here on Monday.

Valley Village, CA

Now back to Sedum: Have you found out what you have,(tiny pink flowers) if not send me a piece of it, and if you want it back I'll be glad to return it, or if you would be more comfortable I would be glad to exchange a plant for it. I just want to know what it is. What Sedum would you like? Remember to send your address
Flying boxes do not go without an address.The post office frowns on the practice. If you like 'Autum Joy' I have several varieties of this species. One is variegated with white flowers. Crasulady

yes we can trade then I'll know for sure what it is.
I'll send you a rooted piece. This is the only kind I have that stays outside here. so you can send anything just about, the one with white flowers would be nice.

Mason, MI

Hello!
As a "newbie" to this site, I am so excited
to be able to talk with other gardeners!
I'm a little overwhelmed with all that there is
to learn about this site, but I'll "get it"
eventually, I'm sure. :-)
I'm not certain if this is the spot to look
for Sedum varieties or not. Hopefully someone
here will guide me in the right direction if it's not.
I'm looking for sedum 'Vera Jameson',
sedum 'Matrona' and Delosperma cooperi-
Trailing ice plant. I have perennials & seeds to trade.
I garden on a windy, sandy, hill, and am finding that
sedums are my best bet.
I'm in the process of reading and setting up
my Trade & Wish lists on this site.
Thanks for any help
that you can give this happy newcomer!
Melissa (aka:Oscarsdotter)

Hi Oscarsdotter,and yes this is the right forum' Glad you found us. I'm also new to this site and still learning things too' I love succulents and cactus but with the humidity here,tricky with some cactus. Was caught off guard last year(early frost)lost my 4ft.Euphorbia'Luckily,I had babies safe in the house'My trade list is small but should be better next year at this time,sounds so far away though,doesn't it? We have a Welcome Mat so come on over and
get to know everyone,ok? See ya 'round the garden and welcome from the Sunflower State'Sis'

Mason, MI

Thank you, Sis! :-)
I'd like to thank everyone that I've heard from already:
Sis, Midwestsnowbird, Tessy, Nagpie1, and Azalea.
Everyone has been so kind and friendly.
I've been having phone-line problems connecting to my computer at home, so I've been trying to answer emails
from our library's computer...
I appreciate everyone's patience re: replies from me.
I'm hooked up now, and online at home...hoorah!!! :-)
Thanks again to all who have made me feel so welcome.
Oscarsdotter
P.S. A thank you also goes to Crasulady2 who (I believe) emailed and helped in in the right direction
to the appropriate forum. I was checking emails at the library's computer, due to a woodchuck disconnecting our phone line at home. The library has a little different browser and email
set-up than I'm used to, so I'm not sure if I thanked you yet, or not! In any case, thanks! :-)

This message was edited Saturday, Sep 15th 6:03 PM

You're more than welcome Oscarsdotter'Sis'

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.