Perennial garden photos 2008

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Okay guys,
Remember how the last 2 years we had threads going where we posted photos of our whole gardens instead of just the individual shots? Well, shall we start again? I've read on a few posts about people wanting to see the whole garden shots. I'll try to get it started again. Please join in and share your perennnial garden photos. Here's my first shot. I've already posted it once, but figure it's a good place to get us started.

This is my front yard island bed on 04-27-2008.

Join In,
Sherry ;o)

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Thanks for getting this started. I will get my photos done this weekend.

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Here is a shot of a small part of mine.

Thumbnail by dragonfly62
Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

This is another.

Thumbnail by dragonfly62

Dragonfly, it looks so serene.

(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Here's my brand new ( less than 1 week old) shade perennnial garden. Hubby and I dug it up and planted it last weekend. Still gotta get the mulch on it.
GayLynn

Thumbnail by staceysmom
Tomah, WI

Beautiful!

Wonderful! Don't you just love a brand new garden. It is so pristine.

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Don't mind the bovines. They were escapees!
Hubby won't let me widen this garden and make it "swoop". Such a bad man.

Thumbnail by crimsontsavo
Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Garden planted last year, photo taken last year. My bedroom window. My first official garden on our property.

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

As it stands now. Gotta love Tennessee for growing green stuff!!

Waterman, IL(Zone 5a)

Tried to take a panorama of my front yard. It was early morning, lots of shadows. When we moved here in '91 there was nothing but grass and the ancient maples on the far right edge of the photo. We put the patio in two years ago. It may seem strange to put a patio in the front, but behind where I was standing is a hedge of pine trees. You can't see the house from the road.

Thumbnail by pastime
Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Ohhhh Im loving that gate!

Waterman, IL(Zone 5a)

They are old iron stair railings that our friend, a blacksmith, threw out. There's an iron arbor there too, but it's hard to see in the picture. I had to buy that though. On the other side of the house I have two old cemetery gates that flank the sidewalk to the back door. I got those for nothing too. If there are any blacksmith shops around you, ask if you can check out their junk pile.

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

good idea! Thanks.

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

pastime, crimsontsavo, staceysmom, dragonfly62 and Sherrygirl.....all really lovely gardens.....nothing like looking at folks gardens, learn something every time you look and you see possibilities you hadn't even thought of......thanks enjoyed all of them.....

Paul from Alabama

It is like looking at an English Garden Pastime. How spectacular!

I love the moving yard decorations Crimso, it sure made me smile.

Ok, here I go, I think I figured out how to add a hyperlink. It is going to take you to Kodak Gallery, so please excuse the extra effect it will take to view the garden. Boy I hope this works.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=rj3w379.4k9ufts5&x=0&h=1&y=clicpb&localeid=en_US

Tomah, WI

Irishsoul, your gardens are lovely. How old are they? Love the Hibiscus! Thanks for the pix.
Becky

Mattsmom - Thank you so much.

The gardens are only 2 years old, but the roses and lilies are only 2 months old. When we moved here there was only 1 scrubby looking tree and all the prickly (which we moved to one corner, don't really like them (got caught in them way to often, ouch), but figured they deserved to survive.

I love peaking at all of these beautiful gardens! So very nice.

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

I like to frame my iris garden with a heart. BEV

Thumbnail by dragonfly62

Oh Bev, I love the colors. I planted Iris this year and only the White came out. Yours are so wonderful.

Rhonda

BEV, that is so pretty. Love the soft colors. The bleeding hearts really complete the total picture too.

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Thanks ladies! I love my gardens. I have 11 seperate ones. Bev

Thumbnail by dragonfly62

It must be wonderful to have shade plants. Only sun areas here. Have to wait for the trees we planted to grow up. Maybe some day.

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

crimsontsavo....Do you ever make it to Sunlight Garden's nursery in Andersonville, Tennessee by any chance?

Paul from Alabama

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

nice gardens ya'll

this bed doesn't really get started until it gets a little hotter here (like 93F isn't hot enough?!)

Thumbnail by dmj1218
Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

No Paul, my husband is a bad bad man and won't take me to a nursery LOL (I can't drive). Are they good? If they're good and close enough I may whine until he brings me hehehe.

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

Part of the garden outside the picket fence.
Taking ideas for the pot on the pedestal.

Thumbnail by gardengus
Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

The parking border blooming with peony's, dianthus ,geranium ,and a few iris.

Thumbnail by gardengus
Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Sedum!!! One that blooms very brightly... maybe a yellow. Here's mine. I have a tall purple wildflower growing right out of the center of the sedum to add height. As the year progresses the sedum will spill over the sides and hang down prettily.

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

How about wave petunias in thar pot? BEV

DMJ - My stupid is showing. What kind of plant is that? Love the colors!

Gus - Amazing, it looks an entrance to Nature Park. It just flows so well.

Mid-Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5b)

Okay, here goes. These are from last year. I've never tried to share my garden before.

Thumbnail by candyinpok

That was one side of the house. This is one shot of the butterfly garden

Thumbnail by candyinpok
(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Great gardens, candy! Thanks for sharing. What do you have in your butterfly garden. I can't quite see.

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Pastime, love your re-purposing of those stair railings! Dragonfly, I like your iron heart :0) - I'm just starting to grow irises. Here's part of my front garden.

Thumbnail by lisabees

I know, It's a bad picture. I didn't know it at the time, but there was this smudge on the lens. These are my documentation pictures, so I can keep track of what grew where and when. Anyway, there are butterfly bush, several types of Echinacea, blackeyed susan, salvia, speedwell, goldenrod, dianthis, mints, lavender, tansy, liatris, phlox, a lot of things you can't see from this picture and this is at the end of September in NY.

So, what did I do that my picture doesn't get as big as other pictures do when I click on it?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.