Flowering today part III

Coffs Harbour, Australia

New thread for your tropical (and other) flower pics.
we came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/834221/

This message was edited May 22, 2008 6:59 PM

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Redondo Beach, CA(Zone 11)

Weed,
Once again, posting the GREATEST stuff, thank you, my love!!!

Thumbnail by LApalms
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Nice photos.

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

LA, where was your picture taken? It kinda reminds me of those new islands being built in Dubai.

Weed and Dale, great pics!!

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

pepper, that's exactly what i thought! LOL the ones in the shape of a palm tree.

Thumbnail by ashleykelly

Love those callas! I have mine planted at the base of a tree this year. I think it will be striking. I love you combo with the ee's too.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Beautiful brom Sue! Great pics all! This isn't the best pic, but wanted to show how I hide my pots...this is a pot full of pointsettia and portulaca sitting in front of a large container of Allamanda cathartica. The Allamanda winds all through the fence, but when you look in the corner this is all you see. I don't like the pots, so hide them whenever I get something full enough.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Now why in the world didn't the pic go through?! It was there on the preview! Oh well, trying again.

Thumbnail by Islandshari
london England, United Kingdom

Well hidden!!!!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Thanks Terri. I just looked at that pic again, and wonder why I bothered posting it. Pretty sad looking, but it gets the idea across, I guess.

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Awwww, Shari, don't be so hard on yoursefl! Its a lovely pic of lovely flowers and I can see the pot peeping out from behind. Well done.
Thanks for comps on the brom. Its been flowering for some time now! I bought one in flower about 2 years ago and planted it in the garden. I dug it up this year and potted 4 pups off it, the one thats flowering, another about to, and the other two? no signs yet.
These are my red hot pokers. the birds haven't gotten to them yet! When they do, they will bend and break them while trying to get the nectar out. Luckily I have about 5-6 clumps! Plenty to go around
LA, Dale and AshK, great pics. keep them coming hey?
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Good Morning All : )
Nothing tropical yet.but I like this allium.
Kim

Thumbnail by kimarj
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Sharidoll, I bet you win the prize for the prettiest, most magnificent, most beautiful, grandest garden on Kwaj. Hands down. Can't imagine gardening with everything in containers.

Weed your pictures are great, too. Mitch gave me 6 starts of the red hot poker. They are putting down roots and beginning to multiply each one. Can't wait for them to bloom.

Christi

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

We cross-posted, Kim. That is great.

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Nothing but tropicals blooming here. I don't what this is, except beautiful>

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

This bromeliad tree is a clever idea, it is a metal structure with rings for 6" pots>

oh I'm loving that bromeliad tree; and so artistically designed too.

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Yes, it is. It was at Selby Gardens in Sarasota, so is this>

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

The roots on that tree are somethin else. What kind is it?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm loving that bromeliad tree too...

The solanum vine impresses me, it blooms constantly, and is well behaved for a vine.

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Lou, some kind of Ficus.

Brazilian Iris>

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Oh Dale, that bromeliad tree is magnificent! I so wish all mine would grow faster so I can do something wonderful like that

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Sellby Gardens uses brom's alot.

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

rj i was going to get that solanum vine but i thought it had thorns? i got one of the trees instead but died from a cold spell. i guess i should try the vine next time. it is gorgeous

Thumbnail by candela
Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

I love your solanum vine RJ. Do you have the variegated one. The flowers on it are so dark. Only thing is they don't grow in groups like yours, but with the variegated leaves and dark flowers still impressive.

Thumbnail by DeeinFL
Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

This thing is huge, it is the yellow cestrum. I got it about 5 years ago and have cut it down to the ground once. It just loves this weather and blooms in the winter here too. Anybody want a limb???

Thumbnail by DeeinFL
Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

This is my strictocardia vine (? sp). This piece broke off when we had some strong winds a week or so ago. It had buds on it and didn't know what to do with it, so I just stuck it in the dirt with the mother and bless it's little heart it hasn't missed a beat. I just love this vine, the colors are so vivid. Never had it before and so easy to care for.

Thumbnail by DeeinFL
Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

Here is my lavender firespike as happy as can be. If anyone has the fushia one (not red) I would love to trade a couple of cuttings of this for it.

Dee

Thumbnail by DeeinFL
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Kim, I like your pic of tha allium...I have always enjoyed those. Used to grow them in Denver, and my grandsons would play with the dried stalks like magic wands or "firesticks" ; such cool plants.

Beautiful pics of beautiful plants everyone! I think I see brom trees in our futures! Waaay cool! And the vines! Every garden should have several vines - and these pics show why...Dee that variegated ! and the strictocardia!

I don't have a good pic of any of my vines at the moment, so here is my Giant Red Ixora - the "Giant" part of the name is because the bloom clusters are larger and the flowers themselves within the cluster are much larger than the other ixora. Bloom clusters can be 6 or 7 inches across of half inch flowers.

This message was edited May 24, 2008 8:56 AM

This message was edited May 24, 2008 8:57 AM

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Where did everyone go? Was it something I said?? I was only going to post one a day - but this makes it look like I'm posting more...come on folks!

This little spider orchid - or brassia gireoudiana for you purists - doesn't bloom for nearly as long as my other orchids, but so very cool when she does!

Thumbnail by Islandshari

Hey Shari!!
Cool orchid : ) ok here is my one tropical bloom lol. chenile plant.

Thumbnail by kimarj
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Hiya Kim! I LOVE chenile plants! They are just so different looking. Don't have one out here though, so I will enjoy yours even more!

Yokwe,
Shari

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Summer annuals in Florida>

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

We've just come home from a day in East Texas. The fields and ditches, medians, every where you look, it is yellow cone flowers and Indian Paint Brushes.
Some purple clover, I don't know what all. The yellow cone flowers above reminded me.

Those are lovely, Dale.

Thanks to Lady Bird Johnson, the Texas highways are unbelievable in the spring.

This is to cool everyone off on who is dealing with high humidity right now like me. :~)

Thumbnail by pepper23

Ahhh I want to stick my toes in : }

Creek empties out to here.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

beautiful water photos!

Wow, I do have a varigated solanum, but the flowers are white! Those are very cool.
The solanum seaforanthum...and spelling?? doesn't have thorns like the solanum wendlandii..again...sp
There's alot going on in this photo..but the solanum is far left and upper center. Dang thing snags me everytime I'm close to it..

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

erythrina x bidwilli

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

other than the shell gingers that bloomed marvelously this year, this is the first of the hot weather hedychiums.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.