Critterologist +1
Noobie
Mrsshumway +1
Ruby +1
Doccat?
Wyldflwr +1
Shirley1MD
Aspenthomas

Speak up and I'll update - how many are bringing "their people"? I have 2 extras coming

This is food I know is coming -
Fruit platter
Veggie platter
Wing platter (BBQ Bourbon)
Jamaican Jerked Wings
Brie en Brioche
Latvian Pirags
Cream cheese & pepper jam?
Bread with pesto butter?
Scotch eggs
Ham biscuits/fried chicken legs and breasts
Sandwich platter
CAKE!!!!!
Dessert

I'll have the plates/eating utensils/glasses (and shotglasses requested by Gita for "Scary Lithuanian firewater")

I asked the "young, cool hip neighbor dudes" on corner if I could tap into electrical outlet (cost me a 6-pack of beer) so we have 2 outlets and I have extension cords - so tunes are taken care of and if it gets too hot I'll plug in a fan :-)

This message was edited May 21, 2008 8:11 AM

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Sent addy - who did I miss?

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

That's LITHUANIAN Fire-water, Beck!!!!

Latvians just suck beer, wine and Vodka.....:o) I only do the first two! Probably with Sauerkraut and potatoes--with lots of Sour Cream and Dill....

G.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

As of this moment - the Weather Channel reports a high of 78° F for Saturday AND sunny!!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

LOL - ok, so it's Lithuanian - I am still afraid of the stuff!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I'm switching from ham biscuits/meatballs to ham biscuits/fried chicken legs and breasts. I made some Swedish meatballs using the meatballs I always use last week and they had ground up bones in them. Kind of put me off meatballs for a while.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

LOLOLOLO - yeah, that would do it :-)

Add on to drinks - I'll have some Pina Coladas as well :-)

Laurel, MD(Zone 7a)

My husband Mike is bringing me so add him to the count and we are bringing a sandwich platter and probably some Martin's party rolls if you think they would be of use. If you would rather have dinner rolls or some other item, please let me know.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Excellent - there WILL be other hubbies there so he won't feel alone :-)

Crozet, VA

Good wyldflwr, my hubby will be there too. Yep, gonna be fun.

Now, will someone direct me to the thread where the wants and haves are?

Thanks all.

Ruby

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Here you go, Ruby! It IS long.....

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/833270/

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Cake...don't forget the cake...and what ever else you need me to bring....I'll ask Tiffer if she's working or not this weekend.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Hubby is beginning to regret not being here - LOL

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

June 24th swap??? You meant May 24th, right???

I haven't decided what I'm bringing for food yet. What do we still need? I'll be more than happy to bring
it.

Bec, I just read your other thread and I'll be more than happy to bring sodas. Should I bring a bag of ice too?

This message was edited May 18, 2008 10:27 PM

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Ahem - YES 24th of MAY - sorry!!!

Ah, soda would be wonderful - the person who originally was signed up for that can't make it (:-() so we need some regular & diet sodas - I'll pick up a case of water as well, do not want my guests to become dehydrated :-)

I don't think we'll need to worry about dehydration. More like being water logged, but not from H2O.

Should I bring a bag of ice?

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Ice would be good - I was going to grab a couple of bags

Okay, I'll also bring some ice.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I thought I remembered somebody on the other thread having volunteered to bring sodas? Or was that Susan, who isn't coming now?

I'll definitely bring crackers with cream cheese and pepper jam. Am I bringing the fruit platter? LOL, I don't remember how that one worked out... I do remember offering to bring a yogurt dip if somebody was bringing fruit.

I also mentioned slicing up a couple of baguettes and bringing some pesto butter... With all this running back & forth to Pittsburgh (again this week, won't be back until Thursday night), I don't think I'll have a chance to make "Mmmeatballs" so I'm sticking to things with simple assembly this time. :-)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Becky, what's our official gathering time??

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Yes, sodas was Susan's - I am doing the fruit if you'll do the dip :-)

I figured we can get started around 11-noonish - I should have all the stuff delivered Sat morning - tents and chairs - Chantell, need your big cooler - Gita, still on for tables I hope

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

You're on! I'm happy to do the dip. Less time spent cutting up fruit = more time on friday to pot up plants.

The CR-V has a built in little table that I can use like a card table. I don't know if I'll have room to add much in the way of chairs, big cooler, etc. May have 4 people in the car... back will be full of plants! :-)

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

My mom will be with me...

What do you need foodwise? Anything in particular or is a "surprise" ok? I've been so busy I really haven't given it much thought yet.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Bec--Yes! Still on for the tables. I also have a 5' narrower folding table bu Cosco. need that too????

Gita

Crozet, VA

Alrighty - I am offering to bring a fruity jello salad dessert with whipped topping, cream cheeses, assorted crackers and also a few jars of homemade Chutney that Darius made and gave to me. Any suggestions on what types of crackers would be good with chutney? Or how else is chutney used? Anything else that you all can think of needing?

I am getting psyched!!!

Ruby

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Gita - only need a couple of tables :-)

Jody - whatever we can nibble on is fine - fingerfoods/salads - whatever you think will go with list above :-)

Ruby - jello salad is excellent - so is cheese/crackers/chutney - no preference on crackers :-) BUT, I am a sucker for whole wheat ones :-)

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ohhhhh....crackers and cream cheese....I've got some jars of pepper jelly that I can bring with if anyone thinks THAT sounds yummy in the tummy

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

If you've got room for tables... remember how useful they are for putting swap plants on, too! :-)

Chantell, I've already got dibs on bringing pepper jelly and cream cheese! I've got pepper jam from my garden...

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

NOTICE y'all - I had header changed to say MAY!!!!!

Strasburg, VA(Zone 6b)

i'll be plus 4.....3 young ones and one hubby....hmmmm, could be 4 young ones ;-)

we are going to visit my aunt for dinner in fredericksburg after to take advantage of being in the area

still very flexible with what i can bring in regards to refreshments, so if anything is needed in particular let me know

i'm planning on some really chewy things for the young ones....lol....my mom used to give us peanut butter sandwiches on really fresh bread w/o drinks when we went on walks.....now i understand why.....quiet!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

larlienda - just a thought since I can remember only too well when my tribe was younger...you might want to bring some things activity-wise for them so they're not bored to tears. Becky's only "little ones" are furrbabies...LOL...so she doesn't have human toys lying about. ^_^

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Ah no - no human toys and the ones we do have are heavily slobbered on!

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Awwww my sweet Izzy....with her lambie!!!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Izzy and Bandit will be "jailed" in the kitchen - kitties will be "jailed" in my office :-)

Strasburg, VA(Zone 6b)

good idea...i'll make sure i have some art supplies :-)

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Ruby,

If all fails--AND, if you have a "Trader Joe's" in your area---they have the ULTIMATE crackers in a box--called "The Everything Cracker". It's in the $2.50 range and they are awesome! Whole wheat (I think), garlic, Poppy seeds, Sesame seeds, onion....EVERYTHING!!!! They taste SO good!!!! ....with anything--or alone!

Larienda,

How old are your "young-uns"? If they are--say.....in the pre-adolescent age group...I could bring the computerized (??) little Yo-Yo sized game called "20 Questions". It is a hoot! You think of a word--any word--and then the "game piece" ( "IT" ) asks you 20 questions about what you thought of. You can answer "yes"--"no" or "maybe" by pushing the appropriate button. Each answer you give to one of it's questions narrows the topic down further. In the end "IT" says....."I am thinking it is a ________!!....9 times out of 10 "IT" will be correct. Amazing! If "IT" is not correct--"IT" asks you 5 more questions.....then concedes that it is stumped.

I am sure you all know this game. It was such a "biggie" several years ago when it came out. In the first year of "IT's" existance--ALL stores sold out of it. If you were lucky enough to find one on E-bay or Amazon--you would pay unreal scalper's prices.
Now you can buy it at Wallgreens for $12.99.

This is even more fun to play for adults--as we have a more....ahem....adventurous minds.....Usually--it will still nail it--as long as you are clear and honest with your answers.

Maybe I will bring it anyway!!!!! We can play--"Stump "IT"........:o) NO! No one can keep it! It is MINE!!!!!

Gita

Strasburg, VA(Zone 6b)

they are charllotte 6 1/2, cecillia 4 1/2, and zachary 2 11/12 (i remember when i knew how many days it was until my birthday....always felt older with the 1/2, etc...!)....oh, yeah mike 50 1/2 :-)
charllotte is special needs on the autism spectrum and some developmental delays....she loves people, animals and plants so i think she'll be fine
she just gave the other two haircuts..... :-(
zachary & cecillia pretty much have the same haircut now
the wonders of a mis-placed pair of scissors during spring break!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Bec, with the funeral this week, I may just bring the ham biscuits. I'll see how it goes on Friday. If I can't bring the chicken, I'll make some corn pudding instead. I know you all liked that last year and that's pretty quick and easy to make.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Hart - please don't do too much with what you have going on - we have chicken wings and jamaican chicken coming - hugs

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.