clump shots

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Yes, "it" meant "the clump"! lol! Ok, so they like full sun. Noted!
Tazzy, I don't have any yellows in my garden at all, but I must tell you this is the first yellow (besides roses perhaps) that I would LOVE to add to my garden! wow!

South Hamilton, MA

Tazzy--keep your "clump" it looks like fun. However, Miss Nellie & Whoop em Up are officially border bearded & Startled is an IB. If you ever trade & give the plants to friends it is good to know what they are.The late IBs & early BBs as you see can bloom at the same time, but if sending the plants to southern CA its good to know which plants are which.

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

Startled is in a clump of its own yes its a ib
i goofed !!!
i have the R and I books just been sick and getting size groupes messed in my mind .i never give iris with out checking the color.in the mixed clump i will tag stalks if i dig ,so no mistakes.
I have raised and judged thousand of differnt iris in the last 40 years and when i feeling poorly i get my BB, IB AND SDB, MTB confused .
I was a member of Hips for years ,iris judge and comerical grower up till 2002.
i have never mail iris to California ?? becuse it a no no they can send out but we cant legaly send in with out big mess of paper work.doss may have up date to this it been years since i checked

Lebanon, OR

Tazzy do not understand why on shipping in or out of Ca or to it as I do all the time with the license. Receive all the time on Daylilies
You might want to check again.

D

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Sadly, it's true that we shouldn't be importing plants from Oklahoma into ca because of ozium root rot. So it's illegal. Hardly worth introducing something nasty into our gardens that we don't already have even if the flowers are beautiful.

Here's the page that tells the sad story.

http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/phpps/PE/InteriorExclusion/ext_summary.html

edited to say that the Oregon to California exclusion is only for a few plants which don't include daylilies and iris. The exclusion for OK includes
"All soil, nursery stock, or plants with roots, except as provided."

This message was edited May 14, 2008 2:46 PM

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Don't worry Taz. We know you know your irises.

I have gained so much info from you over the years.

I can't wait for some of the beardless to start to hear your comments on them.

For all of you newer people who have not checked out the sticky above, Tazzy has a thread Class 101 for LAs, sibs, and JIs. I have referred to it so many times it's not funny, I have a lot of new beardless that will be blooming this year, so we will start a thread for beardless soon, and I hope Tazzy can make some comments on them. I'm really hoping some of my new pseudatas will bloom so I can see what she thinks about them.

thanks i am getting slow and old
but still retaining a little knowledge of my years of a true lover of the genius iris.
There are days i am dumb as a stump , Mosley I'm just getting slower .
cancer , loss of son and DH illness, moving from home of 20 years has put some bumps in my life , but i am a survivor .some of the time i know what i am saying other days better double check my information . LOL
BUBBLE BUBBLE -tb i think ^_^

Thumbnail by tazzy
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oooh, lovely!

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Tazzy - - yes, .......................that is Bubble Bubble, a TB. ^_^ And a good picture of it in a clump too. You know - - I am glad you are a survivor. Over the years you have been an encouragement to many of us, to keep going, to keep pressing on. I admire how you have always gotten back up, no matter what. I'm glad to see you back here, posting pictures and sharing the knowledge you have.

Doss, your Blueberry Bliss sure did put on a show for you didn't it? The iris season is winding down for me here, so I'm enjoying seeing all these nice shots of iris clumps.

Teresa, that is lovely light lavender-rose plicata! I wish I knew it, or someone else knew it. Looks like a somewhat older variety, that may have been around now for some years. I keep my eyes open in hoping to get an ID for it.

~Margie

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Thank you, Margie
I agree with each comment about Taz. She has forgotten more, than I will ever know about iris :)
I need to go to that 101 class!

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

Oooo Taz , that Bubble Bubble is one I had not seen. It's beautiful, thanks for sharing your pictures and your knowledge of my favorite plants

Lebanon, OR

Tazzy, since I too am a judge, but trust me not that long, only 3 years I learn all the time...our show is Sat and unless this heat continues until Fri night we will only have medians...dutch, species, and can you beleive siberians BEFORE TB...strange year.

Tazzy we are thankful you have fought and won and become stronger.

I know I too have learned from your experience both as an iris judge and as a survivor!

Thank you

D

This message was edited May 16, 2008 12:21 AM

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Tazzy,

Love that Bubble, Bubble.

I get confused, too, and I've been through none of the stresses you have, and unfortunately we're all getting older. I'm so glad you're able to be back posting on the iris forum.

Thanks to you a few years ago, I started trying Louisiana irises, and they are doing well for me.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Tazzy,

I love Bubble Bubble; the colors are amazing. All Abuzz is great too. I love those dark colors.

look what I got today....an unexpected blessing from an oldie and really late bloomer
I believe I got this one from Badseed in 2006 along with my Easter Bonnet, but I have forgotten the name

Thumbnail by jackieshar

great picture Jackie ,
is that fennel or dill and tomato plant in back of it LOL

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

It is a great flower, jackie -- and I bet there is a tomato and an asparagus behind it. Just a guess.

Tazzy, you know us OKies have to have our maters. I grow tomatoes and asparagus in huge black tubs that cattle feed comes in.....a gift from a local rancher, just wish he'd send me some more...I think they would be great for roses, which I absolutely can't grow in my sands here.....just gotta make sure to put them where you want them permanently..they weigh a ton when filled

I believed that iris to be Mildred Presby, but someone from DG told me I was mistaken, so now I don't know. Any help out there from those of you who grow historics?
welllllllllll, I ama wishin I had a new iris pic to show today, but I think I have just about photoed them all........Ohhh I forgot, didn't picture it but Jump for Joy opened today.......I know ya"ll are just dyin to see another from me and my obbsession..soooooooo i'll send one later
Luv ya"ll

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Guys...I couln't resist....I placed an order last night! Most are fragrant too, I'm so excited about my 1st irises!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

jackie,
We are dying to see another one from you. For those of us who aren't yet in the blooming period for our iris, yours are a gift. Also, you pictures make us have to run right out and order more. Not good, but fun. We are helpless in our iris addiction.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Any interest in a discounted Weedeezy tool?

I have posted a thread in Co-ops about it. Thanks, Teresa

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/849099/

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Enjoy Rob! I'm sure that you'll be happy that you brought some fragrant iris into your garden.

OK ..not a clump yet, but this one is FANTASTIC.....Jump For Joy

Thumbnail by jackieshar

and............Ring Around Rosie

Thumbnail by jackieshar

oops, meant to send her close up shot

Thumbnail by jackieshar
San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Thanks Doss, I'm happy I ordered!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Hey, if you love TBs check out my neighbor's auctions on Ebay!
I highly recommend her!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tall-Bearded-DECADENCE-Iris-GLAMOROUS-BLOSSOMS-04_W0QQitemZ130223258756QQihZ003QQcategoryZ42207QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.