Happy Birthday Kassia!!!

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Happy birthday. Sorry I missed it, but am glad it's not too late for a party. Enjoy 46...several times if you will.

Boxford, MA(Zone 6a)

Kassia,
I bought "Mardi Gras" this year, too, bareroot from J&P. I potted it in a "wicked big" container (tote box, actually) but none of my roses look well, or even close to blooming. Is that bloom from this year already???!!!
I turned 47 this year. Why does that sound so old? I think I'll be 32 again. That was a good age. Of course, how I have a 21 year-old son will pose a problem. Maybe I was a child prodigy, or just really good at growing things.
My REAL problem is that I still think 20-something guys are cute!!! HHmm, if I were a man, that would be ok- MR. CLOONEY! (I thought he would be an exception to the dirty old man rule!!! His girlfriend looks 17!!! YUCK!!!)

Nice butt dont get me going. What about Mel Gibson;s?

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Hey jax, 47 for me too! Well, not yet, but any week now, and yeah, the 20-somethings are cuter than DH but there's no substance to them. Give me someone with experience, maturity, and wrinkles any day. (Sean Connery? Michael Douglas?)

This message was edited May 13, 2008 5:17 PM

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

lol... you guys... Geroge Clooney is hot... no matter what... I think he might be going through a mid life crisis... not that he needs that...

Jax, I got those roses at Lowes... exactly like that... already blooming... instant gratification... the only Disneyland from J&P is not doing so well... 2 canes alredy died... all the other roses I got from them are doing ok... one thing that I aggree with Zuzu is that if you want a rose to grow fast you have to get a bareroot from Palatine... the plants are huge!
own roots are small but you can't get some roses any other way so one has to have patience!!!

I hope is all blooming for you guys... I have one iris open.. so cute...

Boxford, MA(Zone 6a)

I visited Kane's today... it's a big greenhouse in Danvers. Their roses are going crazy growing in the 5 gal trade containers!!! I stared and sniffed for an hour!!! They have a great selection of roses. It occured to me that I have never seen an accurate photo of a rose... each blossom has so many colors blending, it's impossible to depict. If their roses can grow so beautifully in 5 gal containers, I hope mine will do well in the huge pots I've planted them in! I guess I'll have blooms just a little later, since I bought bare-root. *Sigh*
BTW, I bought a pack of "The Fairy" rose seeds and winter-sowed them- I had 100% germination!!! I've transplanted them into bigger containers. I'll bring some to the round-up, if I can make it this year!

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Great! where is this greenhouse??? oh there is a rose sale this sunday!... I am going to try to make it... why??? can't pass on a good rose!!!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Is it open on Sunday? (Where would I put a rose?) Melissa, where did you get seeds for your fairy roses? (Duh, from a fairy rose!) Hmmm.

Boxford, MA(Zone 6a)

Kassia, Kane's is on rte. 114 in Danvers. From Framingham, you would take rte. 128 North to Peabody, then take the exit for rte. 114 Middleton; Kane's will be on your left about a mile down. You can also take rte. 1 North to 114; that's the Peabody exit for 114, after Costco. Then Kane's will be on the right, about 2 miles down.

Carrie, I got the seeds from www.reneesgarden.com. The description calls them "Angel Wing" miniature roses, then calls them "Fairy type", saying that they mature into 1 1/2- 2' bushes, which sounds like "The Fairy" to me, but I guess it isn't technically; I'm sure they're F1 anyway if they're from seed. I hope they flourish and that I can bring some to the Roundup!!!

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks!

Jax, I just planted some... hope they will grow... actually it was you that gave me seeds right???

Boxford, MA(Zone 6a)

I don't know Kassia! Maybe!! I've been in a lot of trades recently.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.