Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Euphorbia

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Yup, splash of pink here and there

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Very nice pics there, buddy!!! Like the Euphorbia....yes indeed...great shot!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Great shots everyone, I seem to have a lull right now except my rhodies, I still need to take a pic.
But I have this...columbine, "ruby port"

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

That is a very pretty Columbine, Jen. I bet our Rubyw would like some of those seeds ; )

This isn't a "flower" but a very nice addition to anyone's garden. He is guarding his feeder, sitting on my tomato cages just outside the deck. I took this picture at 8:00pm tonight with the zoom.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

hi LadyG, is that a male Rose Breasted Grosbeak? A friend of ours just had one pass through in Medford NJ on its way to North Jersey if that is what it is. I've never seen a bird like that here in Mt. Laurel. Funny, Medford is really not that far from us but they have a completely different ecosystem (lots of Pinelands) and get really great birds, like blue birds too.

Lancaster, PA(Zone 6a)

Great pics. I am jealous of your clematis - I have never had good luck in growing them in New Mexico or North Dakota and I haven't really tried here. Maybe a trip to the local nursery is in order.

Roger

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Wrightie: It think your coreopsis may be Dwarf Mouse-ear Tickseed, Lobed Tickseed 'Nana', Coreopsis auriculata: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/1025/

Wind, that is a Male Ruby-throat hummingbird. I haven't seen my male Rose Breasted Grosbeak yet, I need to refill my seed feeder he (the Grosbeak) usually visits my feeder.

hehe...oh my gosh...not even close in my guess! that's funny I lost my perspective on that one :) don't bring me to a bird watching id group watch... I keep calling our catbirds, cowbirds!

our cllimbing rose “Zephirine Drouhin' just started blooming yesterday, I'll have to go take a photo

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Happy!

“Zephirine Drouhin'
This rose is really great, it is wonderfully fragrant! I have it planted in a memorial garden I made for my favorite dog, Aspen, who died several years ago. This rose can grow in a partial shady spot, which is one of the reasons I chose it. I just wish I had a trellis for it...I have it slung over a hanging plant post up against the front corner of our garage.

Thumbnail by wind

we have some white bearded iris in bloom now too

Thumbnail by wind

this is a strange bloom, it is fava bean, vicia faba broad Windsor

Thumbnail by wind

Autumn Sage, Raspberry; salvia greggi

Thumbnail by wind

Salvia Artemis , made it through the winter and is getting larger, growing up and setting blooms.

Looking down on the plant.

Sorry for the blurry pic, but this is the first time I have seen one of these in my yard, I think it's a Common Morel Mushroom.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

WOW! You have morels in your yard???!!!

Happy, I found it at the edge of my veggie garden, it is the only one. Just happen to spot it.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

That is amazing. Definitely a sign of good luck.

Coos Bay, OR(Zone 8a)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/851557/

iris coop that needs some help if you can!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Is that the right link? That is to a co-op that is mostly sold out and closed yesterday.

good morning
happy, I think they are trying to find people who may want what is still available. If you are interested, I believe Fairy is still taking orders and extended the deadline to sell out what is left ~ you can dmail her :)

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks. No, there wasn't anything I needed. I thought maybe you were referencing a different co-op.

Good morning everyone! I am sitting here enjoying my coffee and thinking what a great long weekend we had. Boss took off last Friday also, but that was a run-around day for me. Dogs to groomers, then to a nursery for more plants then to Wal-Mart for plant accessories, potting soil, basket hangers, things like that. Then pick up dogs and home. Get ready for a Dr. appointment. Then to the drug store. I have come down with my first case of Shingles, I suspected it last Monday but the Dr. was not available till Friday. I am on meds for them and a pain pill, so I did get some gardening done. But yesterday I had to lay down as I was really hurting and the pain pill wasn't doing its job. The rest of the day I took it easy.
I did get the rest of the veggie garden planted, but need bean seeds, thought I had some left over from last year, but I was mistaken again, at least the poles are up.
Got 2 large planters planted, a porch box and one basket. Then did some weeding where more flowers are to go.
I made a small bed on the street side of the fence, I am hoping that a planting there will distract the girls from barking at everyone the goes by. The neighbor kids thinks it's funny riding their bikes back and froth and barking at the dogs to get them wound-up. If they see me out in the yard with them the kids ride the other way.
I'll have to take some pictures later this week to show you all.

LadyG I hope you feel better, I just learned about shingles in school this past semester in my microbiology class when we covered viruses. I'm susceptible too; apparently anyone who had the chicken pox has the virus dormant within their body. Glad to hear you were able to get some gardening done. I think gardening has healing powers for the body, mind and spirit :)
Be well soon
~Diana

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

It has been a busy month for me too. Working 4 days a week and then, on days I am off, it has been raining and I have not had time to get much of anything planted. Now the Swap is over, and I have added a few more plants to the cache. ALL sitting on my tables on the patio....

Anyway, wanted to show you some blooming beauties in my garden.
Here is my clump of California Poppies. I planted it last year--and it had only one bloom.

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

This is my Multi Blue Clematis "going to seed". I just thought the heads were still so beautiful!

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Here wre my deep purple Irises. Truly--I don't remember where I got these from....

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

This is my clump of the perennial Dianthus. Such a small, bright spot in the Garden!

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

This is my only climbing rose--"Autumn Sunset". It is very fragrant and I love the wave of first bloom on it--as the blooms fill the arches. The buds are bright orange--then when it opens, they are an orange yellow and as the bloom fades--it is a pale yellow.

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Here's a close-up of one of the buds....living art!

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Here's one of my Peonies. They are all now in full bloom. My prettiest one hasn't opened yet as I moved it this Spring and it also sits in a bit more shade. I have 5 total.

Thumbnail by Gitagal

Diana, Thanks, It seems that as they heal the more they hurt, the nerves running around from mid back to the front above the belt line sometimes feel like they are cramping, didn't have this much discomfort even when I had surgery.
Are you eating you dried Apricots? I got out my book on Nutrition and Apricots, dried 10 halfs has 482 mg. of Potassium
Banana 451 mg.
And get this a baked potato 844 mg.
Chris

Gita, those are very pretty, Is the Clematis, Crystal Fountain? Or is Multi Blue the name. I have one that is loaded with buds now. Planted it as a very small plant, this is the 3rd year and the first time for blooms.
Like the poppies too.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

The name IS "Multi Blue". Here's what they look like in bloom. I just love it!

Thumbnail by Gitagal

Thanks Gita for clearing that up for me. It is a very pretty Clematis.

LadyG, thanks for reminding me about apricots! forgot to buy some, but will next time at the store :)

Gita, your flowers are beautiful! One of our clematis' (Will Goodwin) just started showing yellowish tint to the leaves this year, with a deeper green veining. Is this a deficiency of some sort?

Also, I was just looking at the damage in our flower beds from last years drought; seems our hydrangeas were hit the hardest. We lost one lacecap and two Annabelle's looks terrible. Also, one side of beebalm in our hummer garden didn't come back; first time it didn't in many years.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.