Anyone making the trip to Baker's Acres this year?

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

Posie, I can try to get them all in a box, not sure is they will all fit in 1....what would you like me to do if they won't?? I just don't want any of them to get mushed....if you want, we can do 2 reg size flat rate boxes if they don't all fit in the 1 large 1, then you could just send me the extra $5 for shipping....sound like a plan??

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

Ok Fairy the guilt trip is working. I'm in, but do we have a minimum. I've spent way too much on coops lately, so can't order many. 4,59 right and $10.00 and shipping? Or 10.00 and no shipping. You're bringing them to us, right?

Yeah right Lorriane!!LOL-If I could afford that much for gas, none of you would be pitching in for the trip to bakers!!LOL-No ma'am-I think up to 6 will fit into a reg size flat rate box, there is no minimum order:)

I got my forst PP ever!! YEAH!! I wasn't sure if I had set it up right, so when I got Kamikid's I was thrilled!!

IF YOUR ADDRESS IS NOT IN THE EXCHANGE AS CORRECT, PLEASE DMAIL IT TO ME-OTHERWISE THAT IS THE ONE I WILL USE:)

Total if you order 10 is $72.07 if ya wants ta know....$45.90 for the coleus, $10 for gas, $12.95 for shipping, $3.22 for tax=$72.07...if ya order less you can dmail me for total or just figure it up w/ 7% sales tax and shipping will vary-$8.95 for up to 6 plants, $12.95 for 7-10 plants...

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

I owe you a penny, I only sent 72.06...:{

Please-if you worry about a penny I am gonna get you!!LOL No worries about a penny-just wanted everyone to remember the sales tax is all:)

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

this said from the worry queen of all time?

LOL-you!!! OK-so the only thing I don't worry about is a couple pennies!!LOL

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Stacey, I'm so sorry to take so long to get back here. I'm sending paypal right now. I come up with $74.47 with the paypal fees.

I'm in the addy exchange...

I am on my way!!

here are some pics!!

All the new babies in my car-barely fit!!

Thumbnail by Fairy1004

here are a couple of the GH itself...

Thumbnail by Fairy1004
Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

OOOOOHHHHHH Stacey i saw my Key lime pie!!! Nice plant. Looks like you got everyones stuff. i hope it was not too much trouble. Did you have a good time? Did you get any interesting perennials?
Tell all we are waiting!!!
Julie

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Way to go Stacey all those coleus look sooo good!!!Yeap Julie theres your Key Lime Pie...I have 3 of them,one of my favorites!!!

I got 2 things-to be truthful, the prices were a bit on the high side for me, so I just got a toatd lily-can't remember the one off hand, but it is yellow w/ red speckles-leapord something, and a get this-white ground cover sedum!! There were a few others I had wanted but @ $5.99 a pop, I could only afford a couple. I must say-some of the coleus was way better looking in person than on the web and some was worse-proof once again that some spruce up their pics!!

The only thing that was a pain was picking out a few for some people (you Julie was one) that they didn't have a couple and I was trying to pick something out I though was really neat and pray that you didn't already have it-for those that I picked stuff out for I did get bakers originals-some of which were super cool!! Like Dancing Gypsy and another one-cant remember the name-it had hot pink on the leaves w/ an orangish center stipe though!! I left my house @ 10am yesterday and didn't get home til 6:30 pm...about 1/3 of the way is 45 MPH & under:( I would totally do it again if we all wanted-just give them 4 weeks heads up and have everyone pick 5 alternates...

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I would so love to go and look. I love going to new nurseries and that one sounds like it is so special. Thanks for doing this for us all.

We need a picture of your white sedum. That is my new hobby this season, collecting sedums! I suddenly realized I could not live without them.

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Good Job Stacey!!!
Can't wait!!!
Julie
Hey Loretta You mean i could have got a trade with you on Key lime????
Hey girl!! What else you got I don't??? I need to trade with you some stuff!!!
Julie

I have a small sedum collection-dragon's blood, ogon, voodoo, yellow (trade, don't know which one) and now the white-the only one I need is tricolor-I put them all in 1 are that is sandy and my sprinkler over shoots so I needed a ground cover that didn't need a lot of water...

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh poodiddly, no picture of the white one?

Sedum can be so entertaining even as a solo focal point in a container.

Sedum makinoi 'Ogon' in shade.

Thumbnail by Kell

I have the ogon too!! Love it!! I have them all together w/ a yellow flowering one, dragon's blood & voodoo, now I just need tricolor!! The white one is called Cape Blanco...

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Looks like I came to the party too late...oh well, at least I can enjoy the pics.

"eyes"

Yeess Julie you could have,still not to late got you lots of plants started..you gotta come here yourself and pick them up!!!!Just got back this evening..ohh what fun..you ever been to Bergicks in Bay City???? if not you gotta go..we hit about 20 nurseries going and coming..Did get my Escargot Begonia plus 2 others I wanted...

YOOHOO Stacey you still coming tomorrow???I 'll e-mail you my phone #..got to know what time...

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh I have Cape Blanco. It is beautiful. Like mini roses blooms. The tricolor is OK, nothing great.

Thumbnail by Kell
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Oh Kell, I have that stuff and never knew what it was called. LOL I'd love to see a pic of the white.

Stacey, I just popped over here to say thanks for all your hard work. I've been away from DG for a couple of days and didn't want you to think I wasn't grateful for what you did. I'm looking forward to my Baker's Acres babies showing up today. I'll let you know when they arrive...

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

they are here,....oh gotta go open, be back

Georgia-I have been worried-how did they arrive....(sweating profusely!!)

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

as they say a picture is worth a thousand thank yous!!!

Thumbnail by georgiagarden3
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Stacey, thank you for all your hard work!!! My package arrived a few hours ago and they're all potted up and recovering from their trip in the shade. My stupid batteries are dead or I would post a pic.

Thanks again!!!

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8a)

Mine have arrived and will be planted tomorrow. Thank you for always doing a great job. Elaine

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

Mine arrived too! I'll take a pic in the morning, when I get them potted.

:)

I want to thank you Stacey and Julie for my beautiful plants...you guys did a great job!!love all the cuttings too...Stacey delivered them...shes great!!!

I am glad that they all made it and while they need to recover they weren't damaged too badly-I was extremely worried since they are a little fragile. If I did it again I would do it differently-I would buy boxes that they could stand up in-I was most worried about having to smush a little to get em in the box-I did try to keep an air pocket around them though...I am again sorry to those we had to cut the tops off of-if you noticed how packed your boxes were there was just no way some of them were fitting-some were gimongous!!

Looks liek we just have Kell, Posie4U & Eskinola to check in....(sweating nrevously waiting)

Glen Riddle Lima, PA

Hi!

Thanks Stacey for working so hard to get us coleus (and cuttings). Sorry i have been AWOL. Stayed longer out of town than expected with the kids and the 'rents and our laptop died, so i was unable to communicate.

Just potted up the cuttings:)

will check in later,

thanks,

joy

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I am sorry for being so late, I had mentioned them on another thread I guess. They got a bit beat up but I think all will make it but Grape Expectations. That one was in tatters and is looking so sad. But the others I think will perk up. I guess since they had so far to go, they really got tossed about. I am misting them daily a few times with Superthive. Not that I believe the hype but you never know!

I want to thank you for going to all that trouble for us, Stacey!

I think that they were larger than anticipated and that we should have gotten this together a smidge earlier too. Then it would've been a cooler ride...and if I did it again ext year, we would all pay for a box that fits them a bit better and they could have more room...I am sorry Kell that yours were a little worse for wear....I also have a grape expectations that doesn't look so hot-did when I first got it and now just doesn't look as good, so maybe it was the plant....if it bounces back I will root you a cutting to send in the fall....

I was nervous shipping coleus as they are not the strogest of plants to begin with...I tried to create a little air pocket around them in the bags to help protect them....if any of them doesn't make it I thing we should post here and maybe one of the other's of us may have it or a similar one to be able to root a cutting and send in the fall....

Also, I think that we should make sure to put pics on here of any that we have once they get bigger so that IF we did doi it again then it will be easier to find them...

Glen Riddle Lima, PA

my yellow dragon and yulee bit the dust...

did anyone get these and have the same issue? they looked fine and then they were gone.

ironically, yellow dragon is the cultivar that got me started on this thread.

we'll see if it crosses my path another time.

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

All of mine "where" looking great! Until DH ran over the potting bench they are on. Now they are not happy , I am trying to save a them Crossing my fingers and toes in hopes they do ok.

OH NO!!!!! I know someone else got yulee-check the SS for the ones you want and dmail them-they may have been an alternate for someone, but I do remember more than 1 yulee...I think I only remember 1 yellow dragon though:(......I will double check though...I am sorry esk and gg:(

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.