Anyone making the trip to Baker's Acres this year?

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

I found them all except the following, so if anyone knows where I can see them, PLMK:Baby Vlad, Effie Freer, Fantastik, Imperial, Joyce, Kid Charlamagne & Seven

BRANDI-here is my final list:
Buttermint
Black Magic X2
Lenny
PLum Frost
Sparkler
Thumbelina
Zesty Zucchini

Alternates:Brooklyn Horror, Pink Pomegranate, The Line

Now when I get there I may see a couple others I HAVE to have-hehehehe

oh-OK-I didn't get it at first-hehehehe

Is that pic of Pink Chaos?? I have that one and it is HARD to pinch-love it though!!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

You'd think I'd order Joyce since that is my name.. LOL

I got some tiny cutters from the dollar store that are perfect for "pinching"... I have Aurora Black Cherry.. that's another hard one to pinch, but not with the tip cutters I got.. they can take micro cuttings. :)

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

Fairy
I so wish I was going with you to see them all, but then again I know I'd come home broke and be begging someone for mortage money:-) So better I stay home and be satisfied with my ten choices..

I think thats Tiny Toes??Sidney??

Heres Coleus Finder link. I'm looking for my namesake too. Maybe Chris will post a pic of it and the bio on Joyce. Chris???

http://www.coleusfinder.org/8

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

That is Aurora Black Cherry.
Here's the link to http://www.coleusfinder.org/pictures.php
This link works better.
;)

Thanks Sidney for both corrections! How is the planting coming.

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Here's a thread from last year that I posted some of my Baker's Acres coleus that Sidney sent me. Stacey, I think a pic of Kid Charlemagne is in that thread.

Just keep in mind that I left the poor babies sitting by the window all day and they burned. They DID NOT come to me looking that way... I was a very bad coleus mommy that day :(

BTW... I think I found Pink Pomegranate on the Gebhart's website. And yes, their pics are small but it's going on my BA list. I'm working on that list and will post it tonight or tomorrow sometime.

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Ha!!! Would you like the link I was talking about? http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/717010/

Great Link! It just makes it more difficult to choose!....sigh

OK-now I have a dilemma-I liked the pic of Fingerpaint, but wan't impressed by the Zesty Zucchini-Brinda-how did you like those 2???

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

Sidney.....NOW you're talking! Love that one!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

OOOO I love Live Wire & Scuttlebutt!

Glen Riddle Lima, PA

Hey everyone,

READ THIS BEFORE FINALIZING YOUR BAKER"S ACRES WISHLIST:

If you are like me and don't mind getting cuttings instead of whole plants because you'd just like to increase your collection, I actually have some of the ones listed on wish lists, so if any of you would like me to send you rooted or unrooted cuttings so you can choose others, i'd be glad to send for postage or trade for some on your wishlists that i don't have. Right now, most of mine are still small plants, but I should have some cuttings to share in maybe 3 weeks, when they get a bit bigger. If some are still too small by then, I can root them and send them as the season wanes, if you're willing to wait that long.

Based on the lists that are up so far, these are the ones I have:

Freckles
Inky Fingers
Alabama Sunset
Big Red
Wine Country
Tooth or Consequences
Illumination
Zesty Zucchini
Super Ducksfoot
Tilt-a-Whirl
Scuttlebutt
SuperDucksfoot
Moonglow *** I have Amora, which I've read is the same as Moonglow, or very similar

I just thought I'd put it out there if anyone's interested.

Now, i have to get my list together...

;)
joy

Glen Riddle Lima, PA

Here's my list:

1. Yellow Dragon
2. Juicy Lucy
3. Yulee
4. Odalisque
5. Mighty Mighty
6. Morning After
7. Dancing Gypsy
8. Tiger Lily
9. Lemon Twist
10. Pink Elephant

alternates:
live wire
merlin's magic
surrender dorothy (because it sounds cool although i don't know what it looks like...)

Hey, does anyone know the name of this one that Chris posted a while back?

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=4640042

;)

joy

This message was edited May 5, 2008 3:12 AM

This message was edited May 5, 2008 3:24 AM

JOY-I would love a rooted cutting of 3 of the ones you listed:Zesty Zucchini, Super Ducksfoot & Tilt a Whirl!! I have Merlin's Magic, Sedona & Pink Chaos that I could root for you or of course any that I have on my wishlist!! I also have Freckles and Inky Fingers, but see you already have those ones...

Sidney-Dmail me after you talk to him...If possible if I can get his # and email as well...

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

ZZ... you'll like any of the coleus that Chris has hybridized. He's certainly got a good eye and I love his humor when it comes to naming them!!!

Stacey, I loved both of Fingerpaint & Zesty Zucchini. Fingerpaint ended up looking like two different plants on just one plant. One side was a beautiful deep burgundy and the other side was a striking apple green.

But I'm telling ya... Zesty Zucchini was one of my most favorites last year. It has different colors on the leaf that aren't visable at all times thru the day. But I have to say that it's a really difficult coleus to get a good pic of. None of mine even do it justice.

Here's Zesty Zucchini

Thumbnail by Brinda

OOO-pretty-waht are the purple ones around it??? I LOVE PURPLE!! Do you have a picof Fingerpaint???

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

LOL My brain ain't that good! These were taken last year!

In the upper left, the very dark leaf... I believe that is Gnash Rambler. On the far left, green & pink is Illumination (I'm just guessing at these, but pretty sure I'm right)

I don't recall what is on the right... I think it's just a coleus that I picked up at Lowes.

ooo-more picutures please!! I Love them!!^_^

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Stacey, when do I need my list to you? I'm leaving here in a few hours and won't be back til tomorrow afternoon. Will that be good?

Here is a pic of FingerPaint. This is all one plant and the stem has burgundy on one side and green on the other side. And that is why color the leaves are depending on which side the coloring is on the stem. Make sense? LOL (Keep in mind that not all FingerPaints will do this... I don't think this was what was supposed to happen but TA also had one that did this)

You can see where some of the leaves are burned as I had it in the sun and had to move it to more shade. But after that, it did great!

Thumbnail by Brinda
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

The far right is Pretzel Logic, a Baker's Acres Original. And I just loved it!

Thumbnail by Brinda

ASAP-so we can get the lists in to Chris-would like to have them to him by Thurs at the latest...

PRETTY!!! I LOVE COLEUS!!! THe and heuchera are the 2 things I buy ONLY for foliage:)

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Here is a must have!!!! Talk about 'making a statement'!

Tooth or Consequences, a Baker's Acres Original

Thumbnail by Brinda
Glen Riddle Lima, PA

Fairy-

I am getting into heucheras as well. i have a heuchera dolce creme brulee that is just to die for. didn't think much of it its first year, but now in its third it always makes me stop to look. i just divided it and it's looking a little sad, but now i'll have three instead of one. i interplanted it with heuchera autumn bride. it's in a bed with purple sensation allium and a fuschia colored creeping phlox, red hot poker... a bunch of jewel colors.

but i digress in the coleus forum LOL...

joy

I have midnight rose, tiramasu, miracle, pewter veil, chocolate ruffles, amber waves, tapestry, sashay and am getting pinot gris and pinot noir too-you will have to join my next co-op this fall for some more!!!:) The next time you split that, you better save a little peice for me-I can't find that one anyplace!!:(

So Joy-how does the deal with the coleus I made earlier sound....LMK^_^

OOO-I have to have that one too-I am just going to have to add mine into herrinton's poor spreadsheet after I get it emailed!!LOL

Glen Riddle Lima, PA

Fairy,

The farmer's stand down the road has the heuchera creme brulee for $5.99 i think, as well as key lime pie for $5.99. I was shocked because the high end nursery here sells pretty much the same size plant for $19.99. They are in quart pots. If you like I can pick some up for you and then can ship with our trades/shares. I probably won't split it for another year or two, as i cut it up pretty good this time around. They are in quart pots. I would buy some (i think i might actually get a key lime one since it's so pretty and i rationalize i can divide it as it gets bigger).

as for trades, I'd love merlin's magic and pink chaos, and the Line when you get it. Actually, I'd like any coleus i don't have. that's part pure coleus greed, and part i love to observe how different cultivars grow and i actually like the whole rooting process- a doable challenge, i like to say.

in any case, I have to get back to the coleus sorting before the munchkin wakes up... i have 9 flats of rooted cuttings to organize... yikes!

;)

joy

Coden, AL(Zone 8b)

Here is the spreadsheet. Sorry it took so long, I've had problems with my wireless router.

If your name is highlighted in green, it just means you have made your choices. I'll turn the color off later.

Looks like BRINDA, KELL and LORETTA are having a hard time making up their minds!!

If you want your choices changed... Edit your original list, but let me know by making a NEW post saying "I made changes to my order"

If you guys want... I can have the spreadsheet unlocked so you can make your own changes... just let me know and I'll do that right away!

BTW... I know we are each chipping in $10 for gas, but I need to do some number crunching... as I'm about to start building the greenhouse this month. Dad and I are going to Lowe's this weekend to get the base materials for it. I'm sad to say that my coleus addiction is killing my greenhouse funds! I was just wondering...
**Does anyone know the price of each coleus.
**Sales tax rate? (I can google this, I think)
**Priority Shipping, flat rate? (fairy, is this what your going to use?)

Fairy... If we can get the plant price, I can send you a check now for the gas, shipping charge and plants. When you get my total... I can send another for the difference. Just trying to stay ahead of the game... LMK :)

Here's the spreadsheet!
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pdcDoQ4sBSNWfZtJjUtUIFA

Edit to update spreadsheet

This message was edited May 5, 2008 4:02 PM

Here's the list of 10 getting boxes;
1.Jada joyce
2.Sugarweed
3.Brinda
4.Kell
5.Eskonola
6.Georgiagardens3
7.Merry Mary
8.ZZ Babies
9.HerringtonHills
10.JazzyJulie
Lorreta will get hers dropped off, (If she's not too busy with Mike)
And Stacey our Coleus Fairy just takes hers home.
I am awaiting d-mail back from Chris.

Thumbnail by sugarweed

Joy-I will have to dmail you all the ones I have and am getting and you can do the same and then we can go from there-I will have to see about the dolce-need to see how many coleus I end up with, but I REALLY want it.....thanks for the offer-I will let you know!!:) We should hear back from Chris and hopefully we can get a deal @ $4 a plant, will use the $12.95 flat rate box-the $10 goes to gas and packing supplies for all of your new babies.... I will let you know when they go out what I did-I bought a test cheapie coleus to try a few different methods on...I will pack each box w/ shredded paper to protect them from moving too, so be careful as you remove it...herrington-I am dmailing you my email-if you can shoot that over to me I sure would appreciate it...

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Ok here goes:
I am going to come get mine so no postage necessary!!
1 Blond Bombshell
1 Goody Goody
1 Ducks foot ruffled
1 Copacetic Yellow
1 Duke of Swirl
1 Cantigny Royale
1 Dr. Wu
1 Copper Glow
1 Swinging Linda trailer
1 Tell Tale Heart trailer
1 Dappled Apple
1 Gold Brocade
1 Gays Delight
1 Lavender Lace
1 Morning After
1 Watermelon
1 Frizzy Yellow
1 Trailer Park Princess
1 Penny
1 Pineapplette
I want to refine this list does anyone here have any of these and maybe thinks they are NOT so special???
Julie

Stacey this is a final and updated version!!!

Alternates:
Schizophrenia
Satanic Embers
Mocha Mint

This message was edited May 20, 2008 10:09 AM

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

Crap! All winter long I planned...ney I dreamed of my trip to Baker's this spring.

I hate that stupid company I worked for.
*sigh*

OK I'm done torturing myself now. Carry on.

I think I have finally decided
I made changes to my order

Ok
Here is my order

Juicy Lucy
Sizzling Sally
Between the lines
Dancing gypsy
Yellow Dragon
Pink elephant
Curly Hot Pink and Green
violet tricolor
Joyce
Curly Speckles

Substitutes

Gnash Rambler
Watermelon
Smallwoods Drive

This message was edited May 8, 2008 10:16 PM

This message was edited May 8, 2008 10:48 PM

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

1.Vegas Night
2. Sizzling Sally
3.Pink Pomegranate
4.Juicy Lucy
5.Dancing Gypsy*
6.Chelsea Rose
7.White Lace
8. Alligator
9.Hubba Hubba
10.Devil’s Tongue
Alt.
1.Schizophrenia
2.Trailer Park Princess*

My Final answer! (I changed 8,9 and added 2 Alts.

This message was edited May 6, 2008 9:56 AM

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

Well hello Georgia...Hello Jada. Good to see you here too!

Ooops. Maybe we're not supposed to chat on this thread?

This message was edited May 6, 2008 9:52 AM

Morning Lala,
Jazzy, these are the ones I would not order
Wild lime Just hasn'r impressed me.
Plum frost-Kinda a thug as it gets HUGE and covers all the others
Orange King-Very common, here any way.

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

I know my Wish List is boring, but I need some of my oldies replaced, they didn't come back this year....And some new ones I never laid my hands on last season either...
As you can see, I like INTENSE pink colors, no shy muted colors for me!

I'd like to trade with any of you who have any of the following...before I open my wallet once again....

1) Songbird
2) Grape Expectations
3) Saturn's Rings
4) Wine Country
5) Flamingo
6) Missisippi Summer
7) Mrs Harding
8) Radiance
9) Raspberry Truffle
10) Ruby Laser
11) Enchantment
12) Inky Pink
13) Jack of Diamonds
14) Cheap Frills
15) Curly Hot Pink and Green
16) Diablo
17) Concord
18) Eclipse
19) Kingwood Torch
20) Crimson Ruffles

:)

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Hey there Sidney...Mike lives here...so does Rita..mmmmm!!!cheers..

Waiting to see what Brinda orders..think I'll just copy hers..Did you buy any of his AW Begonias??Got some from Glassworks last year..not a good thing!!:(

Hi Lala!

I see Jazzy ordered Gok 12. That was at coleus finder but does Bakers have it?

Pheadra that White Lace is irresistable!

Thumbnail by jadajoy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.