Anyone making the trip to Baker's Acres this year?

Glen Riddle Lima, PA

I'm dying to have Yellow Dragon and a few others so I'd be willing to pay for the plants + shipping and handling.

I wish I could go, as I dream of it every year, but another year, another baby, and I'm chained to the house LOL.

I keep hoping Alice will visit the US again and we can do a field trip to Baker's Acres.

Actually, a coleus shopping tour of the US would be fun. If I ever win powerball, I'll fund a coleus addict trip!

:)

joy

Fort Collins, CO

Joy,
I googled Bakers Acres and WOW that is an impressive coleus list!! Sorry I am also not taking a trip over there. I agree it would be awesome to see all those babies. I wonder what all of them look like!!! If you win the powerball and fund a the Coleus Addict Trip I would like to summit my rsvp right now!! hehe. :)
Sincerely,
Vanessa

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Hahaha,
Lets see if I can find the "Baker Coleus" picture. Here's one
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed

And this one.

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

Ahhhhh! Sidney, you're terrible! lol
I wish someone would do a Bakers Acres order for all of us, since he still refuses to do mail-order. Maybe we should all chip in for a plane ticket for one lucky person, who is willingo to do the co-op!
:)

That picture sure does make me drool!
And this one too.
;)

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Glen Riddle Lima, PA

MerryMary:

I officially volunteer to be that lucky person. LOL.

sidney, you're making me drool... thanks so much for making the trip last year and sending out new coleus babies...

breathtaking photos...

joy

About 1/3rd the order.
;)

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

YES PLEASE SOMEONE!!LOL I am newly addicted to coleus and want some of the more unusual varieties!! My goal is to take cutting every fall to have more for the next year!!

I forgot the last picture.

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Sidney, No fair........... thats just wrong!!!

I say we hunt down anyone within a 20 mile radius of them and bug em til they do it!!LOL;)

Well,
It takes alot of newspaper and time to pack those babies up.
Here's one I fell in love with.
;)

Thumbnail by sugarweed

OOO-I love that one-I am a HUGE fan of anything plum colored!!! I know it would be a lot of work, but not really a co-op, just one person doing a small handful of use a fave and getting us each a couple of really neat ones that we can't get locally-and get us all different ones so we can then share cuttings....

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

Sidney You should post that reply here with all the people who live near there so we can start begging them :-)

please, please, please (the beging has begun!!LOL)

Hey jada-did ya get your stuff????

Fairy...Yes! I 'm sorry I should have posted about receiving them. I ordered mostly heucheras and I have them all potted up and the other day I was looking at heucheras in the store and realized what a bargain I got! They will take a while before they can go outdoors but it was still worth it. Do you know what kind of fertilizer heuch's like?

And thanks for doing that co-op. I know it was a job you shouild have gotten paid for :-)

Okay Ohioians,
what is it gonna take to get some of you over to Bakers for us? We are willing to offer bribes, babysititing and or gift certificates just for you! :-)

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Oh Joyce, if Badseed looks at this thread.... I'm sure she will do it as she has 6 kids and I'm sure she'd love a sitter. LOL

Where is this place???

OOOH, did you say six? Might have to rethink that one ..........

I am 3 hrs. from it:( I would need help w/ gas in order to do it-does anyone know anyone that lives in Columbus??? It is right outside Columbus??? I would LOVE to go there-just can't afford the gas$$-it would take me like $70 in gas to get there and back....

I'm willing to pitch in for gas and anything else you might need.

Me two.
I always knew I had Guardian Angels and now we have a Coleus Fairy!
That's just too wonderful.
D-mail me Fairy 1004/
Sidney

This message was edited May 2, 2008 4:29 PM

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Meeeeeee threeeeeeee!!!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

ME fourrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

OK-if we can get a couple more so that we each just have to pitch in a few bucks for gas...can I just say I was on their site and HOLY CRAP!!! They have like a bazillion different kinds of coleus!! OMG-my eyes about bulged out of my head!!! I am willing to pitch in $20 for the gas, but that is my limit....otherwise I couldn't afford any coleus for meeee...:)

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

We should buy you lunch too!

I am getting so excited! I want my kitchen to look just like Brin's.

If we can get 5 or 6 more (and no more than that) it would be very affordable-do you want to pick your coleus or get a surprise box-hehehehe

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

I wanna pick! LOL I only want Chris Baker's Originals!

Chris, are you lurking???? I know you are....

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

MEEEEEE!!!!

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

I couldn't stand it anymore! I just dmailed Chris. Maybe he'll speak up...

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Me too!!! Chris ,, Help us We need new ones for this year!!

That's
1.Jada joyce
2.Sugarweed
3.Brinda
4.Kell
5.Eskonola
6.Georgiagardens3
7.Loretta
8.ZZ Babies
9.HerringtonHills

This message was edited May 2, 2008 10:25 PM

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

That's enough! Load up the car and take off...

LOL Only kidding!

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Sidney, why don't you call Chris? Get this ball rollin'!

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

I Am already making my list..LOL

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I will too! Sometimes anticipation and catalogue perusal is more fun than actually getting them. Well maybe not. LOL I am such a liar.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I heard bribes and babysitting. :)

I just looked. It's 2 hours or 109 miles from me.

tsk tsk Jada! You can't handle six kids?? LOL

Did you check to see if he'd do a small co-op or cut a break on a big order? By the time you figure gas and shipping, it would probably be cheaper.

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

1.Vegas Night
2. Sizzling Sally
3.Pink Pomegranate
4.Juicy Lucy
5.Dancing Gypsy*
6.Chelsea Rose
7.White Lace
8. Alligator
9.Hubba Hubba
10.Devil’s Tongue
Alt.
1.Schizophrenia

2.Trailer Park Princess*

See I'm easy/...LOL

This message was edited May 2, 2008 6:17 PM

This message was edited May 6, 2008 8:00 AM

This message was edited May 6, 2008 8:09 AM

OK-well I guess I am the odd man out as I didn't see anyway to veiw the var. on his site-I guess I will just have to wait til I get there!!

What happened to Acacius and MerryMary?? 10 is the limit folks and does $10 for gas, and other packing supplies sound fair??? Then it will be the cost of the coleus and the actual PO charges???

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.