Morning Glories 2008 #04

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

A link to our previous thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/828339

Blue Star of India last summer

Thumbnail by patootie
Mesilla Park, NM

Jackie, you will not believe it, but my SOI bloomed this morning.

there are three vines in this pot, one is SOI, the other two are one I. nil and one frosted looking on which I missed the 2nd bloom on, so no photos. I may pull the I. nil out and just keep the two others. Old seeds from 2004 labeled Jishi...

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Here is the one in the same pot.. blue flower..

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Here's one of Ronnies, I really like this one.. it was double petaled. Really nice color. It was missing the stigma and anthers..

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

this is a strange looking one that came in a red/whit/blue Kikyo mix..

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Here is the white one from that same mix.. both white flowers have had a reversed tubes on them.. I was hoping the second would open up more, so I did not photograph the first one.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

This is one of Karen's gardener2005, it was purple, but came out blue (my camera tricks)

Thumbnail by Gourd
Baton Rouge area, LA(Zone 8b)

This is one from the other day. It is F3 selected from a Ukigumo x kikyo cross. It is ok,I like the light blue flower and the light green whirlpool leaves but it is not quite what I`m hunting for. That is why I have to grow more.

Karen

This message was edited Apr 30, 2008 4:57 PM

Thumbnail by gardener2005
Mesilla Park, NM

I like that blue one Karen.

Here is Jackie's favorite. I think when the weather is more stable and stays warmer, this one will bloom more and get bigger flowers. The small reversed tube stayed open three days, talk about pale and it wouldn't dry up either, very strange..

Count Dracula..

Thumbnail by Gourd
Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

oh my i love dracula. awesome.

South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

Dracula is very pretty. : )
~Lucy

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Beautiful blooms everyone!

A - Do you know what the name of Ronnie's is? http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=4888531
I really like it! A lot!! I hope you get seeds eventually from it! If so, I hope you would consider trading me for some of them! (I'm putting my dibs in now! lol!)

Your red/whit/blue Kikyo mix is quite different. I am curious to see what continues to bloom on that one! Very unique and pretty!

Karen - Pretty shade of blue.

I, too, love Count Dracula! Such a cool MG! I have one growing also, but not yet old enough to bloom. Hopefully very soon!

I really love the SOI! I have had some come up from seeds that were unmarked and I am always thrilled to see when it is a SOI vine! Quite a charmer!

This message was edited Apr 30, 2008 9:19 PM

Melbourne, FL

This pic shows how small some of the MGs' are, compared to the regular ones.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Photo from this morning.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I finally was able to get a picture of a Wedding Bells bloom fully open, but the breeze wouldn't cooperate with taking a picture . . .

Thumbnail by Syrumani

A, love all your blooms, yes Drac is my favorite. I loved it the minute
I set eyes on it.
The blue one from Ronnie is striking.
The pink bloom right below it is a beauty too.
I really like the light blue color on your bloom Karen
Great pics gardenpom.
Nichole, very pretty bloom.

Netcong, NJ(Zone 5b)

Syrumani- Nichole,

The bloom you posted here
http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/Syrumani_1209605439_239.jpg
is a nice light "Heavenly Blue"

TTY,...

Ron

Lyndonville, NY

Ron thank you for the link, I got lost!

Beautiful pictures, what awesome colors. I have never ever seen any of those before. I swear up here we have plain purple or blue.

Debbie

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

You know, Ron, I thought the same thing when I took the picture yesterday. But, since I've never gotten the Wedding Bells this far before . . . the two seeds I planted were taken directly from a seed packet from Japan . . . I suppose the tri-colors may have gotten mixed up prior to packaging . . . be prepared, Gourd . . .

Mesilla Park, NM

Syrumani,
This mg is so evasive to me..lol.. last year i grew a pink purpurea labeled WB.

Becky,

Ronnie's was labeled Jishi Murasaki

guess I better head outside before the winds get here today..

I

Mesilla Park, NM

Here's that third flower in the same pot with the 2004 labeled Jishi, I am going to cull some of the vines after they bloom, I just dont' want to take the time to tag everything, so I'll be pulling out the ones I don't want to keep seeds from (I never thought I'd do that, pull out a mg vine on purpose) lol.

The first flower on this was frosted around the edges, this is the third flower on this vine.

Thumbnail by Gourd

A, Gorgeous powdery blue. Very nice.

Mesilla Park, NM

Thank you Jackie, I wish I had taken a photo of the first flower on this vine. There were several specks, this one has a couple.

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Thought you might enjoy these MG flowers, not often seen....

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Mesilla Park, NM

Oh my god dale_a_gardener, is that heaven or what?? They look fantastic. I'm keeping my eyes open for when they start selling starts here.

Syrumani, I got a couple of seeds from another person for WB also, so I'll plant both yours and those.

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Good luck. I just looked at the two "WB" vines I've got, and they both have HB blooms. Wasn't in my plan, but at least now I don't need to start any HB seeds.

Great photo Dale of the Blackie ornamental sweet potato

A, I hope you're not going to cull that lovely powdery blue above. I really like it

Mesilla Park, NM

here are a couple from the Parks Mix (I finally got my Dark Blue) I love it..

That pink one had 7 ribs/rays, it was torn too.

This message was edited May 4, 2008 8:25 PM

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Here is Becky's Hot Pink Frost.. Just gorgeous. I can hardly wait for more flowers on this one.

Thumbnail by Gourd

Hot Pink Frost is a beauty. Love the color

Patootie - Did you get any seeds from me? I can't remember what I sent you! The vine is actually called Fuji Hot Pink Frost and my seed/vine was courtesy of Emma! I am glad to see the blooms seems to be coming true again, Antoinette! The color is an eye-catcher! I am glad that you are enjoying it!

A - So what do you have blooming that would make a good cross with it? Hee, hee!

Louisville, KY

That girl has a one track (creative) mind.

Shawna - I am really getting a kick out of crossing vines and seeing what ya get! It's fascinating! I just wish we could get a hold of that brand new Japanese YELLOW blooming I. nil. Wouldn't yellow really put a twist on the color combos! Oooohhhhh ... can't wait until that one is offered for sale or trade! :-)

I keep thinking of how cool my 4 O'Clock cross turned out last year. Those yellow and pink blooms were soooo awesome!!! (Here's a photo!)

Thumbnail by beckygardener
South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

Those are really pretty, Becky. Good job. : )
~Lucy

Mesilla Park, NM

I've been gone all day and just wanted to post a couple of flowers before bedtime..

Here is Fuji no Monet (Lavender Fuji) I was hoping that we would get back in time to take a photo this afternoon to see if it changed colors.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

one more, I dont' know if it will change some ... there are two more seedlings that I'm waiting on to bloom on this one.. and I think maybe the subsequent flowers may change too on this seedling. The rays do get a little wider at the brim of the petals, so this one, even though it is the same flower, looks more like the photos of Fuji no Monet photographed at a tilt.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Becky's Yaguruma Blizzard (first flower) (you can see that there is no pollen on this one) which happens a lot at the beginning of flowering.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Bluespiral's Youjiro Baby Blue/Pink Silk deep purple white Picotee (seeds from last year's trade) it had a reversed tube.

Thumbnail by Gourd

OMG! I absolutely love the Youjiro Baby Blue/Pink Silk deep purple white Picotee! STUNNING!!! REALLY!!! What a rich color on that bloom!

The YB looks pink? Is it? My blooms from last year were more magenta (purple-pink color). I honestly can't describe the color. Mine were a really "off" color. That color is showing up again this year in my cross. Here is the link to my blooms for comparison. Your color is different for sure! Very pretty. I am really interested to see what the future blooms will look like on yours! I have a feeling you will be surprised! That vine is not predictable ... believe me! :-)

My odd assortment of blooms from YB from last year:
http://davesgarden.com/community/blogs/t/beckygardener/7257/

Mesilla Park, NM

Yes, they are a very light pink. Also a very small bloom about 3 inches across.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.