show your best blooming iris this season

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

post your best bloomers

My first year with Magic Pallet. It started blooming on the 22nd, still looks fresh today with even more blooms

Thumbnail by jackieshar
Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

Don't know if these are my "best" - being that every one that opens, I love because it's my first time for iris'. lol. Maybe next year I can be more objective about my blooms. 99% of what I have, I planted last year, so all of these are first time bloomers for me.

Arizona Sandstone

Thumbnail by n2birds

Bubble Dancer

Thumbnail by n2birds

Broadband

Thumbnail by n2birds

Classic Suede

Thumbnail by n2birds

Competitive Edge

Thumbnail by n2birds

Light Speed

Thumbnail by n2birds

Rhapsody in Bloom

Thumbnail by n2birds

Secret Recipe

Thumbnail by n2birds

Silken Shadows

Thumbnail by n2birds

Sunny Shoulders
(a little blurry - but love this one)

Thumbnail by n2birds

Tempting

Thumbnail by n2birds

Tennison Ridge

Thumbnail by n2birds

OOOoo girl , you do have some beauties. You musta went as loony tune as I did last season........I now have planted in the last 3 seasons over 175 varieties, some of which didn't survive, but most did.......of the ones you show I have only Broadband and Bubble Dancer

Denham Springs, LA(Zone 8b)

Autumn Prince

Thumbnail by Ladysaltfire

Interesting Jackie. Our zones are close to the same. Did your Broadband bloom first for you too ? I think I may have had 5 from a coop 2 years ago, then planted all others last year. I think I am over 100 now, but need to quit. I don't have alot of sun space for them. However, they seem to bloom no matter where you put them. lol. Can't wait until mine multiply enough to work out trades.

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

Here is my one of my two that bloomed this year, don't know the name to either of them. This one came up where I don't even remember planting any. I now have a name for this one, Autum Circus, yea now I can put a tag with it.

This message was edited May 8, 2008 7:09 AM

Thumbnail by susan505
Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

I'm not a good picture taker I'll try that again same iris Susan

Thumbnail by susan505
Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

Here is my antique one. Susan

Thumbnail by susan505

yes birds........here is my first year bloom of broadband

Susan, I may have one like your Antique

Thumbnail by jackieshar

That Broadband sure puts on a show, huh, Jackie? Yours is beautiful !

Susan, I do love the color of that antique one.

Might this be like your Susan?

Thumbnail by jackieshar
Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

We have two and they are both dark purple all over almost black when they first open but one has an orange beard and the other has a whitish one. Mine with the whitesh beard came from my grandmother, she got her start from her mother in law when she got married and gave her daughter a start for her marriage and when I got married she gave me a start, so I know mine is over 89 years old and the one in the picture is the one with the orange beard and it was at a house my daughter rented and the landlord was going to spray them with round up and we dug all of them up. He had had the house since the base had closed so we know it is over 39 years old. I would love to find the names for them. If you want a start I'll send some in June with the rest of the iris. I love the picture of the purple you have though Susan

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

n2birds, they would certainly be my best, love them.

My favorite out of all is Secret Recipe. But I like them all.

Lovely ones Susan and Jackie.

Thanks Polly - I liked that one right off the bat too. Then a friend of mine came over and said I needed to trash it. Guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, huh ?-- but he did make me think that maybe I can't be a good judge of them, because I love them all.

susan, what a blessing to have that heritage from your family

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

It is I've moved it in pots every where we've been and when we finely bought a place I put it in the ground, but I'm going to have to wait and give a start to the grand daughter's my last girl could have rock or dirt for a yard and be happy with it a gardener she not. But at least the oldest granddaughter has taken to it with both feet. She takes care of the few plants in the yard now. Susan

Ripley, MS

I love that secret recipe too, but all iris are very pretty.
This is one I wish I had kept the name on, maybe someone will know the name.
Sandra

Thumbnail by slcdms
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I love Competitive Edge, Rhapsody in Bloom and Bubble Dancer. I need to search these out. Where is your favorite source for Iris? I'm new with Iris - at least with named iris. I have lots that I have from a trade 2 years ago and they are just starting to bloom but I need many more for my pondless stream area. They are stunning by the small stream -45 ft long and 1.5 wide

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Try Snowpeak
http://www.snowpeakiris.com/

shihtzumom- I think I got alot of them from Iris City in Nashville. Some I ordered from DG classified add - I think it was Cathysplants. That's last year when she thought she was having to go out of business. All of mine are new and first time blooms for me too. I'd be willing to trade if there were lots of them, just too early now. Just keep up with the names and maybe I'll offer some for trade later, or dmail me and ask me later.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Louisiana would look nice next to your stream as well. Don't know if Snowpeak has them or not.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Snowpeak doesn't carry LA iris. Iris City Gardens is a good place to order them. Snowpeak does carry a lot of lovely siberians. Mid-America closed out their Siberian inventory and Denise at Snowpeak took it over.

Rome, GA(Zone 7b)

This is the first one to bloom for me. I don't know what its name is but I thought that it was really pretty.

Thumbnail by bamagirl35973

Very pretty bamagirl. Love the softness of it.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Witch of Endor is still blooming, its been going since late March! As you can see, the daylilies are starting....

Thumbnail by mrsj

I gotta have that one.....

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Here's one of my three year old seedlings, 04-8d. The branching could be better, but this one just kept blooming and blooming, with many flowers open at the same time.

Dan

Thumbnail by zacattack
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Gorgeous, Dan. Iove that color.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Dan, those are very beautiful! You must be so proud!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.