Large bearded iris, lets show them

MaypopLaurel- In case you weren't aware and are interested there's currently a Iris Swap going on the Round Robin forum. Here's the link, due end of July after blooming... some of my beuties here will be going into that swap... Happy trails

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/834436/

rebecca30

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Rebecca, shame on you. What happened to the ...and lead me not into temptation? You're bad girl (as Laurel sneaks off to check out the link).

what can I say.... the devil made me do it... lol

rebecca30

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Okay, I have some more to share..lol Here is Night Ruler, a very Black Iris. I think it is the darkest of the blacks that I have.

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is "Before the Storm" another black...this is the first Iris my DH purchased for me from a local Iris/daylily farm in Jefferson, Georgia.

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

This is another of my favorites..Ominous Stranger...very unusal to me! My DH loves this one!

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Edith Wolford...this one was supposed to be Brown Lasso...I can't be disappointed but I still WANT Brown Lasso..lol

Thumbnail by JanetS
Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

Wow, Janet - I have never seen an iris that dark before!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I have one more "black" that is name A Study in Black, but it hasn't come out yet....these two are very dark though, and I think Night Ruler shows up more "black" even that the other one. My DH was just so taken by them I had to get a couple. He really loves walking around in the evening and looking at the flowers blooming on any given day. Here is a purple/blue one that I love, but I can't read my marker any longer...will have to try to find the name....on day..lol

Thumbnail by JanetS
Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Sop glad I opened this thread, now I know where all the pretty ones are,He He. Mike

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Yeah Mike, sounds like we need to make a run to Janet's huh? She does have some pretty iris. My problem is I don't have enough space in the sun to grow too many varieties.

Brenda

Janet, did you give me Ominous Stranger? Someone did. I also love it. That black Before The Storm is to DIE for. LOVE IT. I have Black Gamecock which of course is dark purple and I love that. Plus some "black" daylilies (which are really red/black). They really add interest in bright garden areas.

GGG

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

These are NOIDs planted around the mailbox at my son's house. This one may be a relative of Janet's blacks.

Thumbnail by beclu727
Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

This one was supposed to be black also. I think its beautiful anyway. Sorry its blurry. I took these pics with my cell phone.

Thumbnail by beclu727
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

GGG, I don't think it was from me. This is the first year I have had enough to offer to share. But I know I have some of yours from the RU..right. Didn't you pack yours in paper bags. If so, I had one heirloom yellow and one purple variety bloom this year, but the others will most likely come in next year.

Becky that is a nice black one you have too! I love the last picture as well!

This one is Gunslinger...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I have Gunslinger blooming too!

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

This orange tongue really sticks out at ya. Val De Loire

This message was edited May 9, 2008 12:03 PM

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Let's try for the picture this time. lol

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh, I like that one Deb!

Here is a stand of Caesars Brother.

Thumbnail by JanetS

Oh Deb, I'm in love! How pretty! Mike

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks, I love Val De Loire too. Now what do you call that orange tongue? Wouldn't it look good around a stand of purple or blue. I'll have to work on it.

From the looks of things, you don't have many of those Yet. Mike

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

That is the BEARD part of the Bearded Iris...lol

Happy Mother's Day all of you ladies out there!!!

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

You're kidding! I thought the beard was those folded down petals. I gotta lot to learn.

You're right, Mike, not quite a stand yet. I usually only start off with one or two rhizones.

Happy Birthday's to all you mamas, even if your children are furbabies!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

They are the Falls, and the parts that stand up are the standards...lol here is a link...http://www.backyardnature.net/fl_iris.htm

Gunslinger! I love it. Bo Diddley's favorite iris!!

GGG

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Well, I had to go and look that one up, GGG. Yes, he even dressed the part on his album cover!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.