Large bearded iris, lets show them

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Amazon Bride..................um..........
Thanks for the name....
The blooms Amazon Bride really fall me into love with Iris.
Kaleem

Thumbnail by gumlla
Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

Mike you have a weakness for them but i believe Janet has a serious addiction

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

LOL..addiction maybe, but love for sure! LOL

There is no difference inbetween addiction and love, you can't live with out your beloved...............
Kaleem

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

OK what determines when they bloom, I have the EXACT Iris' Mike has (got em from his)several of mine have long stalks with buds but haven't opened yet. I know mine are getting more direct sun than Mike's and for a longer period, think that could be it

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Could be...I think it just happens when the temps/conditions are right in your area. Rain, sun, shade, when they were put in, how old they are...all of those things make a difference. I have Red Zinger in two places and one has been blooming for over a week and the other is just beginning...so placement does matter too...but they should bloom if they get enough sun either way.

Oh, boy! This is my kinda thread. This is juicy stuff. Janet, I love your irises - you have some I have never seen before! Delish!

no name heirloom

Thumbnail by

unknown, gift from another gardener. I love the highly ruffled types.

Thumbnail by

This came from a trade, Chinese Dragon iris with a rose matching in color. Scrumptious!

Thumbnail by

This exploded into bloom today. I think it came from the same gal who gave me the orange.

Thumbnail by

This is a pink iris I traded for. Someone broke it off. Every year I have someone break off my iris blossoms and dump them in the garden. Luckily I caught this in time to enjoy it's scent and beauty!

Thumbnail by

This was another trade, I hadn't had this bloom before. I love the buff and purple bi-color.

Thumbnail by
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Nice collection GGG...I also have lots of the heirlooms. At least five or six in the purple family and two whites and two yellows...plus the Indian Giver and the Crimson King. I can never decide which ones I love the most....I think it is whichever is in bloom! LOL

Here is Eye of the Tiger Dutch Iris...it is very unique to me.

Thumbnail by JanetS
Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

An iris with a matching rose, how cool is that?? Beautiful, and we caught this thread while blooming is right.Mike

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

While everyone is asleep, I'll post a few of mine. Hubby's computer with the pictures loaded on it is only available to me in the wee hours.

I like bicolored irises.

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

blue and white blend.

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I like solid colors too; this one is Dorothy Davenport.

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

unopened buds are pretty too.

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Janet's great aunt's living with me in south GA.

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

More TB's at the pond's edge. They're planted on a mound so the damp soil doesn't seem to bother them.

Love this bicolor orange and red. See, Mother Nature doesn't believe in color clash.

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Pink and a touch of blue. This one is a median iris, not a TB

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Yellow blend on a windy day. The wind blew the 'flaps' up. I'm sure there's a proper name besides 'flaps' I just don't know anything other than leaf, petal, and stem.

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

More yellow to take the eyes off the weedy pond. Hey Mike, I like yellow flowers and shoes! Hahaha

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Very nice Deb! Those are all beauties! You need to add you Dorothy to the Plant Files pictures!

I love the bi-color too! The flaps are also called falls...lol The wind does blow them around,especially when you are trying to get a picture!

Do you know if the pale blue one is one I shared with you as well? I sent lots of Silverado to people and I think mine didn't make it after the division and the drought. I am going to have to find someone I shared with and get a couple....lol It was one of my first and I hate not having it blooming out there!

Have a great day! We got lots of rain throughout the evening and it is still coming down.

I have to go to Atlanta now to watch that sweet Grandbaby....here is her latest picture. She is getting fat and sweeter by the moment!

Thumbnail by JanetS
Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

How precious she is Janet!

Wow, girl, are you driving to Atlanta every day to keep her?

Brenda

Janet, that baby looks just like I did in my baby pictures - except she has a bit more hair! It is quite uncanny how much she looks like I did.

GGG

OMG.......... she is so cute...................... Beautiful doll.
Here you can see......who came in your garden?
Kaleem

This message was edited Apr 28, 2008 7:45 PM

Thumbnail by gumlla
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Look at all these sweet future gardeners! Adorable and precious! GGG, you were a blonde onion head baby too I see and grew up to be a master at gardening!

Brenda, Janet spends several days & nights kissing on her gb, like Tues Wed Thurs. Do I have the days right Janet?

Janet that light blue clump is actually a very pale lavender/violet. It's a beautiful lavender/violet color up close, but from a distance and on camera, it looks like a powder baby blue. I do remember you gave me that clump but as a NOID. If you had called Silverado, you would have told me and I would have more than likely marked it. Since I don't buy that many rhizones at one time I couldn't possibly have any to multiply that fast, so it's gotta be yours, you enabler you. I'll try to get a closer picture of the blooms for you. I'll send you some of it in the fall. That goes for anyone wanting any flower I have that's ready to be divided. Just hollar.

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

What gorgeous flowers and children too. I've only started with iris. Several I planted last year didn't make it due to the drought. Only 2 that bloom well. Here's one.

Thumbnail by beclu727
Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

2nd one. It was really beautiful until I trimmed the butterfly bush next to it and falling branches broke 2 stems. They are opening inside though.

Thumbnail by beclu727

So ,much beauty, and such wonder children, make this world a better place to live.
Deborah, I too like yellow, even your shoes, would go with a hat I have.DW ask me to take it off because the ups man was comming up the drive, but I couldn't do that.I love that first Iris, if you have extra when you dig, and seperate.PLEASE!! Mike

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Mike, remind me this fall. I'll probably be separating it then. Its been in that spot 4 years now. Becky

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Kaleem, they are growing so fast! What beautfiul eyes they have!!! GGG, Kathryne looks very much like her Mama and Grandmama as well as her sweet Daddy!

YES :

Kaleem, those are two lovely and so happy looking children!

And Becul, I love that yellow and tiger stripe iris. What a knockout.

unknown - a peach colored one

Thumbnail by

Iceland?

Thumbnail by

mostly Lady Janes in the pic

Thumbnail by
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Beautiful peachy/pink

Thumbnail by JanetS

Great shot of blue bird, and love those "lady Janes".
BTW rebeca30, I'll bet I'm one of the few that knows right where your town is, in fact I can remember when they were seperate towns.You must be growing! Mike

I was in manerger training at Varina Blds supply, that later got ETE, by the bigger boys.Mike

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

...and lead me not into temptation. I'm feeling a tug here. I would love any one of those I've seen. Ours were here on the property when we got the place twenty years ago.

Laurel

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.