The "Jungle" is now in session

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

you can talk about anything here...no hijacking can happen here. I like my threads full of family members!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

My prayer list is getting longer. I like this thread too. The old family is back again.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Ha ha ha...yup, that we are! Too bad about the sitting, but sounds like you will have a wonderful area for recuperating just the same.

We sure run the gambit as far as health, weather disasters, family chaos and our wonderful gardens don't we? Wouldn't trade any of you for all the flowers in Holland!

Be well, be happy,
Shari

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

So glad you are with us tonight, Shari. Have missed you a lot.

Mike is out cutting fresh lettuce for our salad. I have already picked and cleaned the radish, onion, cherry tomato, and snow peas. Soon to have potato, carrot, squash, kentucky wonder green beans, and okra. Not enough room for corn. Since corn and rice have gone out of sight, may soon be finding room for a garden expansion.

ooooowwww, Randy. They are talking of all the storms and hail storms around us.
Heavy lightening. Straight line winds. We don't need this.

Christi

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I know..that's why I dmailed you...I'm watching the weather on the radar here in the office.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

My goodness! You guys be careful, and be safe!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Just rain here. Heavy at times but only for a few minutes.

Carol, good luck on your surgery!!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

It's been overcast here today, and breezy, but no rain! Actually quite nice with the breeze!

We only get a day or two without rain right now. It is so wet here I can't even till for veggies or my cannas. Cannas are still dormant in the basement. No potting soil either to give them a head start. lol. But I just planted some tall phlox yesterday so really needed the rain. :~)

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Thanks for all the warm wishes!!!!

Why do I think I have to complete everything I haven't done in 5 years before I leave??? It will still be here to do over again when I get back!!!?

Stay safe you guy out there in the Texas eye of the storms!!!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Carol, you don't have to....just take care of yourself, don't overdo.....it will be there when you get back!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Yeah...I know...is it guilt ridden impulse or OCP?

Probably both. lol

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Guilt! You must free yourself! Take a deep breath in......Let it out..... Do deep breathing, Practice Relaxing and saying, "I will not be guilty. I am NOT guilty. I can have time to myself and not be guilty!" Deep breath....in....out....

Takes practice! Afterawhile......you can let things go and not even think about it!
LOL!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Never do you have anything to be guilty about. I have said this before someplace:

The person who dies with the clothes washed and put in place
the dishes all done and in the cupboard, the yard all mowed and in order, the house all dusted, floors cleaned, bathroom sparkling....NEEDED TO GET A LIFE.

Not expecting you to die, dear Carol. Just making a point.

Love you a lot,
PK

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I agree!!!!! Hope you were spared the bad weather Christi! Your veggie garden sounds wonderful! Are your banana trees doing OK? Hope so!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

I know the feeling though Carol. Before I leave on vacation or on business or anything, its like I have to make all the little repairs, and finish all the little projects that I haven't payed any attention to for months. Like some "judging committee" is gonna come in while I am gone and critique my life! What's with that??? But I am like that everytime. My family just laughs at me, but I always do it. So I will add my admonition to "not over do things" to the other's good advise, but I fully expect you to do too much anyway! Maybe you need to go visit your friends place before the surgery as well as after!

Randy - how long was your recuperation??? I imagine it must have been ages!!

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Man, by the time I get here everyone else is in bed - Aloha everyone!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I do the same thing...because when I get back to recover, I don't want these things over my head or compelling me to do things. I just want to sit out in the peaceful garden with nothing but recovery on my mind.

First hip took about 6 months- 2 of them out of work, the second one only took about a month, but ironically the hip surgery causes hernias..and had to go back in for hernia surgery. In anycase I'd be seen in the garden with my crutches hauling stuff and repotting...but then I told myself that was part of healing and recovery...and it was!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

God love your heart.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

6Months! Ouch!!! I would have had to spend it in a rubber room!

Aloha Jenny!!! Please don't feel left out, this conversation can just go on and on so jump on in there anytime!

Randy - got em last night - Thanks!!!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Lordy, lordy! Sure wish there some way all of us could be together. Shari, our day with Randy was a real blessing. Ready to do it again.

Aloha,
Princess Kilikina

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

PK - just think of what DG has done to your life! You have met some of the neatest people on the planet in Carol, Jenny, Randy, Mitch et al...and you have been to the islands, and we have been given the privilege of meeting you and Mike... we may be far apart in miles, but right next door in our hearts! What a lucky day when I went searching for some plant id, don't even remember what it was...

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Christi - I have the solution...passes to Hawaii...layover for a couple of days..then on to Shari's!
I wonder how many times we'd get bumped trying to get there and back!?

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Randy - is Continental being affected by all the airline problems in Hawaii? I don't watch the news very often, but when I do, I am once again reminded of why I live out here!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

We are being affected as in it's hard to get a seat because we're accommodating all those folks from the bankrupt airlines...the fares have gone up alot since then. It was good that Christi and Mike got out there when they did!
P.S. Christi, tell my cookin buddy Mike hello for me. I'm still thinking about those yummy brisket sandwiches I munched on my way back home.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm all for it. I said I was going to Kwaj someday. Life is short. Might ought to make it sooner than later.

Stock up the wind, Shareeee.

Wooow.

PK

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Anytime...anytime! You just gotta let me know so I can get you all approved.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I see I mis-typed again. Not wind---wine. aahem.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

hahahahahaha....stocking up on both!

I tried to come up with a smart alleck response to it, had it, then lost it.

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Randy....I spaced it... You asked the name of that vine and it is XXXX(something) stictocardia, I believe....

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks Carol...Dutchlady inadvertently supplied the name for me...

I still have to get my passport renewed...sigh

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Well...get on it Mister! I won't be out here forever ya know!

Pepper - at a loss for a smart aleck reply...must be a first! LOL!

Christi - I just thought you were referring to all my "hot air"...

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

AAahem. No sweetheart. Just can't hit the correct keys.

I have never had a passport. Is it hard to acquire?

Before DG, I was such an innocent. You people have totally corrupted me.

smirk, smirk, smrk , smrrk, smkk

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

...and it has been so much fun! Ha Ha.

No, not difficult, just a little time consuming. Get picture, get app at PO, fill it out, turn it in and then wait. Takes up to 2 months for the first one. You should get it. Never hurts to have one. Then you can travel at a moments notice instead of waiting so long.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

TWO MONTHS!!!! Looks like I better start tomorrow. How else will I be able to travel on a moments notice.

About to sell the motorhome. It won't travel on the seas.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Oh, but wouldn't it be cool if it did???

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Hey Christi and Randy - are you going to stop off in Hawaii and pick up Carol and I on your way to Shari's? We want to go too.....I'll even bring the wine - no, champagne!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Good Morning.
Jen, that sounds better all the time. Maybe Carol will be all recuperated by then.

Another beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.