The "Jungle" is now in session

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

well shucks...I meant to post in Tropical Zone Gardening....*sigh*

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/838422/

What an outstanding variety of plants.
Post no. 4854728 is a Jatropha Multifida also known as 'Coral plant'. They are very easily grown from seed.
I'l trade you a plumeria for a producing Papaya!!

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Your garden is absolutely gorgeous Randy! Such color! I especially love the statue of the fairy with the pipe, but I am curious, what broke off the statute of David that enabled you to get it at a discount - it looks all there to me!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

The head had been decapitated..and they sealed it back on...to me it added the old Roman statue hallmark we're use to seeing. Ironically it was the best looking one they had, and the only faux finished bronze looking one...it is concrete.

Dutchlady- I will send you seeds..dmail me your address..I have a plate of seeds drying now.

Thanks for the name of the Jatropha..I've been wondering.

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison

Thanks!
So - where is this statue place? That is remarkable for a concrete one.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

it is, and it was the only one like that. I have a feeling it was custom ordered, and the owner told me the pallet it was on broke, and all the concrete tumbled..I guess they don't store them on the ground.

http://www.fountainsandstatuary.com/

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Fabulous as always! Just breathtaking! Thanks for the tour! Can't wait to see it again!

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Not quite tropical gardening>

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

That is gorgeous - bleeding heart vine?

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Randy, really enjoyed the tour! Your jungle looks fantastic, and I think you outdid yourself with the new landscaping....just wonderful.

Thanks for the glimpse.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks Miss Shari!

I'm already having to thin and trim.

Plumies are going to be dropped in the mail tomorrow. I had alot of stuff to send out..so I just did it all at once. My car is loaded with boxes of plants.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

This is one terrific guy. The brugs I have are at least 8 feet tall with actual tree trunks. Can't believe he brought them in his car.-----

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I taught him how to pack a car!!!!! LOL!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

You have some kind of talent, Jeanne. lol

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL...you sure did...

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Would that I could partake of such fun! But I have my compensations. Thanks Randy - no rush, but I will let you know when I get them. Just got a bunch of plants from Julie - froggiesgirl. Gotta go find out what they are!!! I just love these kind of surprises!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Hopefully by next year my garden will be mature enough to share. I feel so selfish always being on the receiving end. I really like to be the one giving to someone else.

Christi

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Oh Christi - I know exactly what you mean! It was fun being able to share, but now the powers that be have stopped that, so all I can do is send postage and gratitude. Not nearly as much fun.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

We all understand. When the US GOVT. makes a declaration, it is impossible to go around it. That's ok, darlin'. We understand. Just hope I can send something your way in the near future.

Christi

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

don't feel selfish, I'm glad they go to homes I can still visit! In anycase I've run out of realestate and plants are just sitting there. Believe me, what goes around comes around..people give me stuff all the time...Wayne is always giving me plants...
I just mailed of 6 boxes of plants today...yours was one of them Shari.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

are you going to be around the house this weekend Christi? Was thinking about calling around
"wine time" so we can catch up...

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Well, Randy, your bedroom is still waiting for you. Because of the price of gasoline, might have to do a little sharing on that front for a weekend. Whatever it takes to get you here, we are ready.

Goodness me, Shariiiiiiii, you are soooooo far away. (whine, whine, whine)

Christi

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Cross posted, Randy. We expect to be here. My cell is broken and expect a replacement by Friday. Or-------you could just buzz on up the highway. Need to see the redo we have done on the backroom. yayayayaya. Really nice----

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL,
oh man...it's busted!? I suppose I'll have to write an email..but it's not the same.
I do work for the airline...I would consider flying up one weekend.(not this one..have friend in town )..DAL is closest right?

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

There are definately times when I don't like living so far away. Funny though, it's not for the shopping, or the night life which are the big complaints out here. Not even for current movies or entertainment. For me, its when my friends are getting together, and I can't join in, when I could use or shoulder, or when a friends needs one. When I just want to sit and talk all night, and the only one to listen is a gecko...yup...Carol probably understands these feelings.

Hugs all around...
Shari

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Hugs to you too Sweetie!!! We all wish you lived closer too....but, hey Thank Goodness we get to chat on DG!!!!!!!!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

I hear you, Shari...!!!!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

What's the name of this vine Carol? I forgot

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey guys. Thinkin' about Carol's upcoming surgery on the 8th. Since I am probably not far behind her, I really want this to be a rousing success. Praying for you, darlin'.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Already storing up lots of good vibes to send your way Carol...just hope all the hotels, noise and neon of Hono don't get in the way! Ha Ha. Hmmm, the chaos of Oahu, or the volcano of TBI... where will you be getting the peace and quiet you need to recuperate? And HOW will you keep Nurses Thelma and Louise from snuggling you to distraction??

I think the best solution would be for you to recuperate out here on quiet Kwaj. Yup. That would be best. Then when you are all better, Christi can come and recuperate from her journey under the knife. I will get all the company I want - and you guys can spread the word to Jean, Jenny, Randy and all the rest that Kwaj is a great place to heal. (Katie - I can't compete with Mexico!).

I can dream!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

What an invitation??!!! Maybe just the thing that pushes me over the edge. Can hardly walk yesterday and today. The sciatic nerve is a Bxxxx!

Never making fun, Carol. Really concerned and will be praying for your complete healing and NO PAIN.

Christi

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I had surgery 6 years ago, I'll come and recuperate!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Okay! That settles it. Shari's Lagoonside Rest and Recuperation Lounge is open for business!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Wish I were able to travel...sure could use some recuperation time! That would be great!!!!! Between my condition and then Mom's I'll just be dreaming with you Shari for quite awhile! I am using my Kwaj calender so think of you often dear!

I'm after DS to get my canopy reroofed to be my "HUT" again. That's to be my Mother's Day present. It rained yesterday and the ground is still saturated....so it'll be a few days at least.....but I'm thinking TROPICAL!!!!!! Sounds like a great idea to me!!!!!!!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

77** (snap, snap)...been a while since we called you that, huh Jeanne? Sounds like you'll have a real nice Mother's Day! Nina is treating me to a manicure/pedicure over on the native island of Ebeye. They have a beauty shop over there that we have been hearing good things about, so we are going to have a mother/daughter day...she will get a perm, and get the mani/pedi for me. I am really looking forward to it!

What are the other plans for Mother's Day? I spose we should start a new thread about that, rather than hijack Randy's Jungle thread.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL! Yeah, it has been awhile!!!! We'll be over at my Mom's! Y'all have a great day!!!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Problem with back surgery is no sitting down for long periods...which nixes the trip to Kwaj...unless we go to celebrate Christi!!!!

Surgery was put off until the 16th!!! I agreed to it to give me more time to get my GH and House in order...I am getting acupuncture which is really helping the pain and i expect the Eastern Medicine part of my body to be in balance.... now manicure and pedicure would top it all off!!!!

After hospital I am spending a week with dear friends in K'a'a'awa...up the coast on the E. side....N. of Kaneohe. It is a sleepy little area...just chickens and mango trees....a beautiful park along a the water for walks and painting!!!! Dorothy and Ted are plant people...(the couple I have done my great trips with)..she reads alot, we both love cooking and...well...I think power napping will be in order!!!!

a hui hou!!!
Carol

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Sounds like you have your ducks in a row and that will definitely help with the healing. What a terrific idea for physical therapy---walking the shore and painting.
Were it me, might take just a itty bitty bit longer to be ready to go home.

Still praying for you, girl. Soon will be all better.

Christi

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Carol, that is a beautiful area! We lived in Kailua and on Kaneohe Marine Base while we were there! That side is sooooo beautiful! Take care of yourself!!!!

Aloha!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Thanks all for your warm wishes....I am really excited about all of this!!!! I am looking forward to getting my body and my life back!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.