iris for April pleasure

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Here is a description of Seeun is Beleevun from the AIS Iris Registry. Your purple one is beautiful, but problably not Seeun Is Beleevun.

SEEUN IS BELEEVUN

(Tom Burseen, R. 2003) Sdlg. 99-486A. TB, 36" (91 cm), ML
Ruffled and laced light nasturtium orange (RHS 25D), F. washed light red purple; beards orange, fuzzy orange horn; slight sweet fragrance. 97-559: (Fashion Designer x Open Arms) X Heartbreak Hotel. TB's Place 2004

I have to say I have had some misidentifications in my garden as well.
Betty

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Just wondering. Could the following be your Seeun Is Beleevun?

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/88950/

Maybe, maybe not, but that big orange beard is unique.

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

was not mine those pictures were from the iris test garden In Tulsa looks like they put wrong tags out .
boy will some one be in hot water

South Hamilton, MA

Someone could also be messing up the tags. It happens in public planting quite a bit as we all found out in Austin.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Is that what happened in Austin? I just thought the planters messed up.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

In my garden, the dogs run thru and toss tags that get in the way of their feet. I sometimes find the tags 30-40 feet away in another bed. My cross to bear.

I see buds all over the Dwarfs & Intermediates, but no color showing. Sigh. The Dave's Garden Iowa Round Up people will be at my house tonight & no iris blooming for them to envy....

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Sigh. I have only had two dwarfs that have bloomed so far. It is pretty cold here, too. They are newly planted and had only one bloom each and they were frozen the last few nights so they don't look like much.

Lebanon, OR

We had many of the hybridizers in our bus and when they saw one of their iris mislabeled they turned the label so you could not read it...

Well I am at about 1/4 bloom for the SDB and doing alot of digging and pitching of SDB that I needed to judge for my own seedlings..the ones left in this area will be dug divided and lined out for intro in 2009 or 2010..So will get my seedlings for 2007 planted and the seedlings lined out in June...fun:)

D

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I really appreciated the hybridizers at the convention who turned the signs around. Even more I appreciated the ones who wrote the name of the iris on its leaf -- given lack of labels. Unfortunately, there were still many mislabeled iris that were not caught. I was in love with Fire and Brimstone, but I learned that whatever that was, it wasn't Fire and Brimstone. I would love to know. It was a brilliant yellow, flower covered, tall bearded -- lovely, but what?
Sounds like you have your work cut out for you Dee.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Our Iowa Round Up is over, so 2 little dwarfs popped open yesterday. Iris Blooms 2008 is starting!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Congratulations, Wanda! I know you have been waiting a long time for spring!

we went to May flowers here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/843218/

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

Always does well for me........conjuration

Thumbnail by jackieshar

Black Gamecock.........dunno why, it's blooming in one of the driest parts of the gardens

Thumbnail by jackieshar

Rio

Thumbnail by jackieshar
Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

Hello all. Just joined Dave's Garden so I could read all the stuff on iris. Here in my part of Arizona the season is winding down. Last one bloomed yesterday. It was a beautiful season. Lots of wonderful blooms. Had a problem with thrips and a few cold nights earlier in the season. Michigan Pride, Victoria Falls, Circus Stripes, Hell's Fire, and a yellow noid (maybe Ola Kala?) just bloomed their heads off. All my iris did very well this season. Now the real work begins. Planning new beds, new combinations, etc., etc. So glad to find the forum. Now I can breathe easier knowing there are other iris 'nuts' like me out there! I'd do a cartwheel if I wasn't afraid of hurting myself.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Welcome MorknotMindy -

There are a lot of us growing iris in Arizona! Some of us are here in iris and over there in the southwest forum too! Check out the thread on iris blooming this spring.....

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/827445/

Thumbnail by mrsj
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

There are a whole bunch of iris nuts like you out there. Our iris season is just beginning. Here at 7,300 ft. I have just 2 sdbs that are blooming -- but I can see buds on others.
If you want to meet even more people who are iris nuts like you, join the American Iris Society. We just had a convention in Austin, Texas where we saw huge numbers of irises and talked about almost nothing else.
You probably even have a local chapter somewhere near you. You can join the national and possibly even the local on line at.
http://www.irises.org/
They have a list of the regional societies somewhere in that website as well.
Welcome to Dave's and to the Iris Forum where we are all a little nutty about iris!

Welcome to Daves ,Morknot
lots of iris nuts here .
i moved the thread to here no one has join me guess they like April bettter than may
we went to May flowers here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/843218/

This message was edited May 6, 2008 10:56 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.