Thumbnail by tazzy
Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

Copatonic -TB

Thumbnail by tazzy

Fogbound -Tb

Thumbnail by tazzy

Oh i found the picture of the Queen of show it was Circus Circus , Jessie Song was runner up

Thumbnail by tazzy

Saturday Night Live

Thumbnail by tazzy
Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

It may get down in the low 30s here tonight, I have my fingers crossed that all those iris, ect will be OK.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Tazzy, how dare you make me drool when I've got a hard freeze heading at my iris beds tonight? I thought I'd deserve a great year in 2008 after the frozen buds of 2007--but weatherman is picking on me again...

Remember that alot of your historic iris & hybrids are here in my garden when you want a piece back....

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi, Wanda
For your sake, lets hope the weatherman is wrong! 2 years in a row would be unbearable to take.
Teresa in KY

Yes. And I was out fitting little paper bag "hats" on all my lillium. A hard freeze will knock them to the ground for the year & maybe rot the entire bulb!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I lost all my iris bloom last year, hosta was a wreck, I ended up cutting most of my daylily foliage back. I even lost a small Japanese maple. Mother Nature can be cruel.

Wanda
we had frost Friday before show it was so cold i could not believe it for here , no damage at first but stalk are falling over today with the rubber neck , which happens if the stalks are up to blooming size
and it freezes or frost . so i problem wont have any thing good for late show in two weeks .

South Hamilton, MA

When freezes are prodicted it might help the cover plants with plastic cleaning bags. One person trying to protect rebloom used to put a stepladder over the plant and drape the bag over it. Congatulations on your show wins tazzy.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

n2birds,

jackieshar started a thread, post your best bloomers. That would be a great place to post your pics. I am really looking forward to seeing them.

And welcome to this forum!

n2birds
please post your pictures forums are always open at my end
picture of english box at iris show

Thumbnail by tazzy

English box entry 2

Thumbnail by tazzy
South Hamilton, MA

"Survivors of the Storm" great title for an English box. Couldn't read the second one/ This is our sale yr.--next yr. for the show. We now alternate yrs. as the same people do all the work & we are getting on.

Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

Thank you Tazzy - I love the Survivors of the Storm picture box. I'll post some of mine over on the appropriate thread. For a novice, like me, I'd rather keep this thread going for all of your prize winners ! They are absolutely beautiful ! I'm gonna have to put Saturday Nite Live on my wish list - love it !

irisMa
Our club is getting long in the tooth too
just this last month two of our members had to bow out for age and health reasons . 70 and 82 and they worked circles around my 66

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

I have been told to preserve a bud before a frost to put a styrofoam cup over it and cover same with a paper lunch sack...sounds resonable if you are getting frost only with no wind

Wind here pulled some of mine with tall bloom stalks
right out of ground.
Oklahoma is a real challenge at bloom time . that why Mid-American iris garden left Oklahoma City for Oregon, sure miss running over to OC to see Paul and Toms beauties .we have bus tour of local gardens sat . Hope to get some nice pictures to share

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

yeah, if it isn't the wind or the torrential rains with hail and tornados in the spring it's the droughts and wildfires in the summer.......not to mention the onslaught of grasshoppers that will end the screens right off your windows

God has a sense of humor & timing....

some new iris i snapped pictures of yesterday
at Tulsa Woodward Park Iris Test Garden

Astrology -tb may be name wrong picture taken at test garden in tulsa and a lot of the tag were place on wrong plants

This message was edited May 1, 2008 10:14 PM

Thumbnail by tazzy

Disguise - tb
may be name wrong picture taken at test garden in tulsa and a lot of the tags were place on wrong plants

This message was edited May 1, 2008 10:16 PM

Thumbnail by tazzy

GOLLY GEE WHIZ - tb
may be name wrong picture taken at test garden in Tulsa and a lot of the tag were place on wrong plants
Sorry heads will role at next iris meeting meeting .LOL

This message was edited May 1, 2008 10:17 PM

Thumbnail by tazzy

UNknown
this in iris test garden in Tulsa and they have wrong tag on it .sorry i don't know what it is

This message was edited May 1, 2008 10:11 PM

Thumbnail by tazzy

Mystrey Book- tb
from my garden

Thumbnail by tazzy

Sailor - ib

Thumbnail by tazzy

not iris
but shots of the new garden area in Woodward park
right behind the rose garden

Thumbnail by tazzy

Looking at this we can realize Oklahoma's has some very good thing to make up for its violent weather changes

Thumbnail by tazzy

this is hooked to three other ponds vie water falls ,the last isa pond full of Koi

Thumbnail by tazzy

last one and back to iris

Thumbnail by tazzy

Lets Boogie -tb

Thumbnail by tazzy
South Hamilton, MA

We have some I. pumila in bloom (can't do pictures) named one 'Be early' by Lynda Miller opened today.

Iris ma why cant you do pictures ? need help ?

South Hamilton, MA

No digital camera, everything takes time.

I under stand ,
first
thing i did after joining Dave's was get Digital Camera .took me a lot of eating beans to pay for it
and a lot of help from people here helping me to post pictures. .
There a lot cheaper now to buy then in 04.

South Hamilton, MA

I'm so new to computers that I am having trouble storing photos I received in the right folder. Grandchildren are ok & supposedly have another one of iris starting, but they don't always go in a new fooder for plants although they are in the computer. The plant photos have been sent to me, not ones I've taken. Vista is a pain, especially for newbies.

xp was a pain for me at 62 and i couldnt even type
.on and off were the only things that came easy .
Off was the easiest just pull plug LOL NOT!

South Hamilton, MA

Doesn't get any easier at 73. I do find the typing easier than the typewriter, easier action. Just received a I. pumila picture which not only is white but no markings at the hafts. One of a kind I think, certainly in this country. It came from SIGNA ( Species group) Getting pollen from owner who lives in Canada. Luckily he sends pictures.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.