Why so few posts here?

Phelan, CA(Zone 8b)

When I first joined, there were many new threads a day, but now long periods go by with only one or two new posts, it seems. What happened? It can't be the time of year, as spring is here once again, and still this board is so terribly slow!

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I don't know...but it could be that since spring is here everyone's busier thinking about the outdoor parts of their gardens rather than their houseplants.

Phelan, CA(Zone 8b)

Its kind of sad - this board was so exciting when I first came here. All this last winter there weren't many posts either. Sadly, I don't know if I'll be renewing my membership next time it comes due.

Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

Seaecho,
I have learned so much from having my membership here, that I can't imagine not having mine. I have over 100 houseplants right now just waiting for the weather here in North Dakota to warm up so that some of the plants that I overwintered can go outside. Tina

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I'd give it some time...winter is generally slower on all the forums, and in the spring people are thinking more about their outdoor gardens, but I imagine you'll start to see more activity here at some point. And if there are things you want to talk about, start a few threads! I know there are people who watch this forum and would probably be more than happy to participate in discussions if someone starts them.

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

I think too, because there are individual forums (such as hoyas, AV's, Amaryllis etc.) that alot of people post to those direct forums instead? Just a thought.

Kim

Vicksburg, MS(Zone 8a)

Also, people are so much busier these days with seasonal extracurricular activities other than gardening and many of these get into full swing in the spring. I agree with some of the other thoughts too--folks are busy planning their outdoor gardens and aren't asking that many questions right now. As stated by kimskreations, they post on the individual forums. Also consider that lot's of folks go to the "Beginners" forums. I've noticed that posts do fluctuate but, as Tina_A says, there is so much to be learned from this forum overall. I've gotten a lot out of DG and really enjoy looking through all the various forums.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.