Annual Green Springs sale on 5/17/08

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

Yes, I'd say bring a cart if you have one. However, one thing they offer is a "Holding Area" in the center of the green, where you can leave your purchases until it's time to take them to your car. I think they'll even give you a ride to your car on a garden tractor/vehicle of some sort, if I recall correctly.

The only thing to remember about the carts, etc. that you bring with you is that they take up space in your car that could otherwise be occupied by new plants! I learned this the hard way one year. ;-0

Barb

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

You will really want a cart. It is a fair walk to the parking area, and you'll feel encumbered walking from booth to booth with your hands full (which is the only way I've done it in the past). I don't have a cart; don't know what I'll use.

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Chantell, thank you, but the envelopes worked great for Phoebe's meds - I really appreciate you thinking of me though :)

Happy, if you can rig up anything, bring it! I've seen some really unique ideas for carts - you know the luggage carriers (like a small dolley?) that fold flat - people will strap on a milk carton or crate just so they have wheels to drag everything around. We also have our own holding area where people can leave whatever they've bought from us and anyone else for that matter, so they don't have to lug everything back to the "holding area" in the center of the field. We use recycled plastic grocery bags for our customers and have found that you can almost carry SIX bags at a time! We place one bag on each wrist and two in each hand - heavy, but it's amazing how many plants you can carry - where there's a will there's a way :))

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I have a wheelbarrow I might bring, but it is kind of big. Still, it'd be better than carrying stuff. I hear what you are saying about the bags, but it is no fun when you go from vendor to vendor and have your arms full. This summer I'm going to keep an eye out for wagons as I drive by garage sales, though!

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

BUMP! This weekend - hope to see some of you there!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Yipeeee

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

I went to that Landis Valley Museum Herb & Plant Faire last Saturday (my 1st time) & people had brought their kids;' wagons & were dragging the plants along that they bought. Food for thought for next year.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Got my Little Red Flyer assembled today - now Chantell can drag me all over the sale - wuhuuuuuuuu

(notice - I assembled it!!! Not hubby!!)

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

You will have to let us know what goodies you brought home from the sale. Friends took us up to gratz, pa to a farmers market, auction, flea market & I bought Heuchera Midnight rose from an Amish guy for $ 12.00. Huge plant. very lovely. ALso got a 4-pack of Tricolor Amaranthus (which had 6 plants in it) for $ 1.25. Then, finally one of those buttery hand-made Amish soft pretzels. I'm in Heaven tonite. Have fun tomorrow all you good people. Wish I could be there but at least you can share the moment in pix.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

You DID it!!!! Not that I had any doubt...God knows what it would've looked like had you passed me the screw driver...LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.